AL_Royalty

2012 Coaching Carousel

@HolderStephen:

I'm still being told that #Bucs shouldn't be ruled out re: Jeff Fisher. This same source has been correct on previous developments FWIW

Sounds like Miami really wants Fisher. I wonder if Fisher likes team though. I've heard that Fisher likes the Bucs and Colts so if we offer him enough money, he may side with us anyways.

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Albert Breer has heard "continually" that Bengals OC Jay Gruden is the favorite to be the Jaguars' next head coach.

Jacksonville has targeted almost strictly offensive coordinators in its coaching search. Jon's younger brother, Jay Gruden has earned a reputation for tutoring young quarterbacks via his work with Andy Dalton. Gruden cannot interview for the Jaguars' gig until after Saturday's game against Houston, at soonest, but it sounds like the sides have already been in conversations. Gruden would implement a "horizontal" West Coast offense after Blaine Gabbert played his first year in Dirk Koetter's vertical-based scheme. Jan 4 - 8:23 PM

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Fisher wants to go to a team that will let him build HIS roster. Not build what the owner wants. That's what killed him here, Bud forced him to do things he didn't want to do regarding the roster.

Good, one less team trying to take Chud.

@AdamSchefter:

Former Titans head coach Jeff Fisher is scheduled to meet today with the St. Louis Rams. Fisher will choose between the Rams and Dolphins.

@MikeSilver:

He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Yeeaaaa...not surprised....

The Glazer boys will prevent us from ever getting a "big name". Cheap fucks.

I'm sure they called him to gauge his interests and to see what he was looking for....aaaannnnddd....then they hung up....

Rules on who teams can interview and how they have to go about doing so...

Per TBO.com:

The search for former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris' replacement is under way at One Buc Place, but NFL rules may keep that search from being as "exhaustive'' as the team would like it to be, at least for now.

Though there is nothing to prevent team representatives from immediately contacting unemployed coaches such as Mike Sherman and Jeff Fisher, the Bucs may have to wait to speak to some of their other prospective candidates.

Should the Bucs have an interest in talking to Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, for example, they will have to wait until after the Falcons play in this week's wild card playoff game to do so.

Even then, their opportunity for contact may be limited. If the Falcons advance to the next round of the playoffs, the Bucs would have only the week between the wild card game and the divisional playoff round to speak with Mularkey.

The same goes for any prospective coach working for a team playing in a wild card playoff game. The rules are different, however, for prospective head coaches working for a team that has a bye this week.

Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, for instance, could interview with the Bucs this week. Once the wild card games are over, though, Philbin would be off limits until the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs or the Super Bowl has been played.

Should the Bucs interview Philbin this week and then wish to conduct a second interview before the Packers are eliminated, they only can do so during the first week of the two-week break between the conference title games and the Super Bowl.

No matter the candidate, the team currently employing him has the right to approve the time and location of the interview for as long as the prospective coach's team is still alive in the playoffs.

Once a team has been eliminated from the playoffs, a prospective coach is free to interview anywhere and anytime he wishes and his current team must grant the interested club permission to interview him for its head coach's job.

For example, if the Bucs want to interview Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Rod Chudzinski, they must seek permission from the Panthers in writing even though the Panthers are obligated to grant it.

The rules will change slightly once Tampa Bay has a new head coach in place and he starts looking for coordinators and assistants. In those cases, a team seeking a coach making what the league considers a lateral move must seek, but is not required to receive, permission to speak with a prospective assistant coach.

We could definitely see more coaches coming in next week...

Fisher wants to go to a team that will let him build HIS roster. Not build what the owner wants. That's what killed him here, Bud forced him to do things he didn't want to do regarding the roster.

@MikeSilver:

He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

I'm sure they called him to gauge his interests and to see what he was looking for....aaaannnnddd....then they hung up....

Called that shit perfectly. :yep:

Fucking Glazers. No way Fisher will be in Tampa if that is true. I'm hoping for Mike Zimmer now :yep:

@Bucs_Nation (Sander Philipse):

On Football Today Podcast @AdamSchefter says he doesn't expect Bucs to hire Mike Sherman or Jerry Gray. Long list of candidates

I hope their right about that. I definitely don't want Sherman.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't expecting us to hire Gray. Sherman isn't my top choice, but I wouldn't be too upset if we hired him as long as we got good coordinators around him.

Gray is just a Rooney Rule guy, but I think he'll get a HC gig in a few years. He seems to be pretty respected.

Good to hear that from Schefter, most people make it sound like Sherman is the easy favorite. It doesn't sound like we are in a hurry to make a decision, which can be a good and a bad thing.

@RoyECummings (Roy Cummings):

Bucs interviewing former Packers coach Mike Sherman as we tweet; Sherman follows interview Wed. with Titans DC Jerry Gray

@HolderStephen (Stephen Holder):

And here's the update on Mike Sherman, who is getting a look from #Bucs 2day. Interesting pt: Glazers interviewed both w/out Mark Dominik.

@HolderStephen (Stephen Holder):

By "both" I mean Mike Sherman and Jerry Gray, just to be clear.

Interesting....

GM not getting any say on the head coach?! Er... Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

@NFLSTROUD [Rick Stroud):

Timing of Sherman's interview was corrected. It took place Wednesday, not today. Therefore, Dominik was available to accompany Glazers.

lolLocalBeatWriters

Fuck up by them...

Sherman was interviewed yesterday...Jerry Gray interviewed today...Dominik was at both....

Per Rotoworld.com:

Ex-Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio will reportedly interview for the Chiefs' head-coaching vacancy on Friday.

Del Rio compiled a 69-73 record over nine years in Jacksonville before becoming the first head-coaching casualty of the season in November. The Chiefs have already interviewed Packers OC Joe Philbin and ex-Titans coach Jeff Fisher, though neither is considered a legit candidate to be hired over interim coach Romeo Crennel. Jan 5 - 9:10 PM

Source: KCTV-5 Kansas City

The Glazers should let Dominik do most of the work IMO. He wasn't given a fair shake when he got promoted with Raheem, he should have a chance to pick someone out as his guy. But it wouldn't shock me if he got overruled like Rich McKay did in 2002 when he wanted Marvin Lewis.

@AdamSchefter (Adam Schefter):

Jeff Fisher said today he is considering coaching next season in only two places, Miami or St. Louis, and will make his decision next week.

@greggrosenthal (gregg rosenthal):

From @mortreport: Marty Schottenheimer, Brad Childress, Mike Zimmer, and Wade Phillips all getting interest from Bucs.

@mortreport (Chris Mortensen):

Bucs clearly want seasoned coach to replace Morris; Mike Sherman, Brad Childress (interview Mon), Wade Phillips & Mike Zimmer r candidates

@mortreport (Chris Mortensen):

Marty Schottenheimer is on Bucs' radar but not at top; he is hungry to coach. Note that Marv Levy went to his 4th Super Bowl at age 68.

I like the other candidates, but Brad fucking Childress???

Oh. My. God.

Edited by BucD

@DolphinsNews (ThePHINS.com):

Jay Glazer: #Dolphins will request permission to interview Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer.

Awesome...

...instead we choose to interview Childress first...

According to LaCanfora, Childress will likely end up as a coordinator. Don't know why we are thinking Wade Phillips though. As we can see, he makes an excellent DC, but he isn't HC material as he proved in Dallas.