Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Championship Decisions

Okay, so, one of my #1 seeds did an epic choke job, and the other one nearly did. Fortunately, one of them managed to squeak in.

And now I have a dilemma. I never start a WR against Darrelle Revis, and that's the problem.

Pick one:

Hakeem Nicks @ NYJ, Santana Moss vs MIN, Nate Washington vs JAC, Julio Jones @ NO.

If Revis is on Nicks the whole day, then I'd sit him, but with the emergence of Victor Cruz, I don't know that that would be the case. I'm leaning towards starting Julio over Nicks. Moss has a very favorable matchup against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Washington has a good matchup against the Jaguars banged-up secondary, but the Saints defense is also pretty bad against the pass, and Julio is the best WR of those 3, IMO.

Thoughts?

Minny is in the top 5 in terms of passing yards allowed I believe so the matchup could be very good for Santana. He's had solid rapport with his QB and has scored in back to back weeks. I also like the match up that JJ has this week. I can see the Falcons and Saints getting into a shoot out, which would find Jones on the receiving end of a lot of passes.

It comes down to them 2 IMO.

Minny is in the top 5 in terms of passing yards allowed I believe so the matchup could be very good for Santana. He's had solid rapport with his QB and has scored in back to back weeks. I also like the match up that JJ has this week. I can see the Falcons and Saints getting into a shoot out, which would find Jones on the receiving end of a lot of passes.

It comes down to them 2 IMO.

I agree with Kila here but I believe that I would lean toward Julio Jones.

The other thing is that he has Roddy White. Could lead to some interesting rooting scenarios, (of course, I also have Jimmy Graham).

I'm just going to put this out there: in the Titans' first game against Jacksonville Washington and Britt combined for 204 yards and 2 tds, most of that was Britt but Washington has been taking up a lot of the slack so I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could put up 100+ yards and a td

I'm just going to put this out there: in the Titans' first game against Jacksonville Washington and Britt combined for 204 yards and 2 tds, most of that was Britt but Washington has been taking up a lot of the slack so I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could put up 100+ yards and a td

That's why I picked up Washington, but I just can't see starting him over Julio given Jones matchup. Julio could go off for 20+.

That's why I picked up Washington, but I just can't see starting him over Julio given Jones matchup. Julio could go off for 20+.

yeah, Washington put up a good performance but Jared Cook really stole the show for us, you'll probably be better off with Julio

yeah, Washington put up a good performance but Jared Cook really stole the show for us, you'll probably be better off with Julio

Well even if I'm not better off with him, I don't think I made the wrong decision. Everyone I decided to play did better than their replacement, so even if I end up losing, which is looking likely, (he had a couple ridiculous performances from Bradshaw, (lucky), and Marshall, (not so much), I still feel like I made the correct decision.

And it's not like I could foresee both LeSean McCoy and Steve Smith having <5 points each, when they've been solid all year long and one had a decent matchup, while the other had a great one. The Panthers tore the Bucs apart, we just couldn't get the ball to Smitty while doing it.

What do you think my chances are here?

The score is 113.85-86. He has Roddy White, I have Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham, John Kasay, and Roman Harper, (IDP league).

Edited by Thanatos19