badgers

TGP 2011 NFL Playoff Power Rankings

Only 12 teams to do so please do write ups for each one.

1. :Packers: - They're definitely beatable but only the Chiefs have done it so far.

2. :Saints: - As long as they play every game in the Super Dome they will 100% go to the Super Bowl.

3. :Steelers: - Whether they're a Wild Card or the AFC North champ, they're almost always finding a way to make a playoff push.

4. :Patriots: - They've failed pretty recently but they're starting to get talent around Brady so watch out.

5. :Ravens: - They did win their division and get the #2 seed but I still expect they'll have problems should they face Pittsburgh or Cincinatti.

6. :49ers: - Now that they won't be playing any weak NFC West teams, how far will they get?

7. :Texans: - I don't know if they can get very far with TJ Yates at QB. But if any team were to surprise somebody this year, it'll be Houston.

8. :Giants: - Finished the regular season strong and are heading into the postseason on a wave of fire.

9. :Bengals: - I don't expect them to get too far with such a young team. But they've got a shot against Houston.

10. :Falcons: - Matt Ryan could very well win his first playoff game this year.

11. :Lions: - They have great talent but commit too many penalties. The teams that are in the playoffs know how to abuse that statistic.

12. :Broncos: - The playoffs are definitely full of magical moments but Tebow is going to learn something in his first ever playoff appearance.

1. :Packers: Definitely the favourite, only one team was able to get them off their gameplan and make them look mortal.

2. :Saints: All about post season experience, and the Saints have a bunch of it. They're ripping through defenses like no other team can.

3. :Ravens: No bad teams left in these playoffs for the Ravens to lose to. Except the Broncos I suppose. They won't be playing the broncos.

4. :Steelers: Something about the Steelers in the playoffs spells trouble for most teams. Ben may be a shadow of himself right now, and Mendy won't be playing, but that's not a big deal to this team.

5. :49ers: I like their defense, and I like their special teams, but we have no idea how any of these guys will perform in the playoffs. I think they'll be one and done, but thi'll be a great learning experience for the young D.

6. :Giants: They're hot right now and they're ready to win big. The Giants on a roll can beat anyone with their receivers and pass rush. They'll be the team to watch in the playoffs for sure.

7. :Patriots: Not too scared of the Pats, they have the defense of a one and out, and against a team that won't turn the ball over, like the Steelers or Ravens committed to Ray Rice, they will lose. Tom Brady never won a championship carrying the defense on his back.

8. :Falcons: This team is hungry for their first playoff win under Mike Smith, they've made a couple of appearances, now they have a chance to break into that next level. I'm sure Matt Ryan wants to be considered as more than just a game manager, and break into the same tier as Eli Manning and Matt Schaub as quarterbacks.

9. :Lions: I think youth, inexperience, and a tough matchup will be their downfall in the playoffs, but they'll show a lot of guts and promise for the years to come. They are still a young team with a lot to prove, and they finally ended a long playoff drought.

10. :Texans: This is a different team without it's big playmakers, they've done well with big injuries, but they are not making it far on the arm of Jake Delhomme. They've got a strong and impressive D, and great weapons, but no team wins playoff games with a 4th string QB.

11. :Bengals: They haven't been able to beat the good teams, but they get in here because they can beat the mediocre ones, with some heroics from the Red Green show. However, they're easy to shut down, just stop AJ Green and play your style of offense. You'll wear them down with a better team, and right now, nearly every team is better.

12. :Broncos: Never thought I'd see the Broncos make the playoffs like this. They'll be crucified by the Steelers, but it's just great to see them in the playoffs again. Mediocre across the board, and now they're just turning it over too much to make an impact in any facet of the game. They'll be lucky to lose by 40 this week.

Should we do this generally based on who we think the best teams are, or who we think has the best chance of winning the Super Bowl based on how the playoffs are set?

I'd go with the first. That's what I did.

1. :Packers:

2. :Saints:

3. :Patriots:

4. :Ravens:

5. :49ers:

6. :Steelers:

7. :Giants:

8. :Falcons:

9. :Lions:

10. :Texans:

11. :Bengals:

12 :Broncos:

Only 12 teams to do so please do write ups for each one.

1. :Packers:

2. :Saints:

3. :Patriots:

4. :Ravens:

5. :49ers:

6. :Steelers:

7. :Giants:

8. :Falcons:

9. :Lions:

10. :Texans:

11. :Bengals:

12 :Broncos: