Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Colts Owner Jim Irsay Cleans House

"Colts fired president Bill Polian, GM Chris Polian, head coach Jim Caldwell, and all of Caldwell's staff."

Vin in the shoutbox.

Polian's are out for sure, Caldwell is still there... for now.

Good move. Needed to be done, badly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7414912/polians-relieved-duties-indianapolis-colts-source-says

Colts vice chairman Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian are out in Indianapolis, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

A Colts spokesman had no comment on the report and said there would be a news conference at 5 p.m. ET.

The Colts (2-14) finished with fewer than three wins for only the second time since moving to Indianapolis in 1984, and fans have been calling for the ouster of the Polians and coach Jim Caldwell.

2012 NFL draft order

The Colts will pick No. 1 overall in the 2012 draft. The 20 non-playoff teams know where they'll pick, aside from coin flips that will break ties for the Nos. 8 and 11 picks. Draft Order

Polian joined the Colts in 1998. During his time with the team the Colts went to the postseason 10 times and played in two Super Bowls, winning one by beating the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI.

Peyton Manning missed the entire season because of neck surgery. Without its franchise quarterback, Indianapolis' streak of eight straight postseason appearances ended with a thud.

Manning had neck surgery Sept. 8, the third and most invasive procedure he'd had in 19 months. Doctors fused two of Manning's vertebrae together, hoping that would fix a damaged nerve that caused weakness in Manning's throwing arm.

With Manning, many expected the Colts to be a Super Bowl contender again with the possibility that the championship game would be a home game as Indianapolis is hosting the game in February.

Without him, Indianapolis went through three different quarterbacks, lost its first 13 games and wound up with the No. 1 overall pick in April's draft -- the first time they've had that selection since 1998 when they chose Manning over Ryan Leaf.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

• Upvote 1

Jeff Fisher time.

Would be a fantastic hire. He'll win a superbowl or 2 if Irsay lets him build the team HE wants.

@ScottSwanWTHR:

Irsay: "I have not talked to any general managers yet." Coach evaluation underway, says Caldwell 'could be back'

JasonLaCanfora:

Irsay says it's "not out of the realm of possibility" that Caldwell is back.

Looks like it was just a FO cleaning....so far...

What GM could he hire that is going to want to keep Caldwell. I'll believe it when it is official. lol

lmao, you won't win with a yes man head coach.

The Indianapolis Colts have fired team vice chairman Bill Polian and his son, Chris, the Colts' general manager -- a decision that left franchise quarterback Peyton Manning "stunned."

Owner Jim Irsay announced the moves Monday, one day after the team finished the year 2-14 without Manning. Coach Jim Caldwell was retained, but Irsay said that evaluation was still ongoing.

Strangely enough, Manning, whose season-ending neck injury and subsequent surgeries sent the Colts down the path to the No. 1 pick, was meeting with Bill Polian when Polian was summoned away for a meeting with Irsay on Monday afternoon.

"I was stunned, I was surprised, I was saddened and just disappointed that it all happened this way," Manning told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen by telephone. "I was actually meeting with Bill in the training room and we were talking about my rehab schedule, what I could and couldn't do in the facility under the new (collective bargaining agreement) and my checkpoints when he was summoned to see Irsay. He actually chuckled and said, 'We'll see.'"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7414912/indianapolis-colts-fire-bill-polian-chris-polian-peyton-manning-stunned-decision

Edited by Favre4Ever

What GM could he hire that is going to want to keep Caldwell. I'll believe it when it is official. lol

from what I read it sounds like he wants to let the new GM have a say in Caldwell's future, so it's not like he's handicapping himself by pinning a coach on the next GM

Caldwell definitely needs to go.

If Fisher goes to Indy, least he will feel like a winner.

2ypeu6v.jpg

• Upvote 1

That is an extremely disturbing picture.

Packers Director of college scouting John Dorsey turned down an opportunity to interview for the Indianapolis Colts' general manager job, according to Schefter