AllYouNeedIsLovie

NFL's Most Improved Player?

Lardarious Webb. HE hasnt had a touchdown given up this year. He has faced Mike Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green, and some other pretty good receiving talent.

Lardarious Webb. HE hasnt had a touchdown given up this year. He has faced Mike Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green, and some other pretty good receiving talent.

I'd say he's a contender for most underrated player. I don't think he's most improved. That honor goes to Jordy Nelson.

Stafford...probably the leading candidate for comeback player of the year... But not most improved.

D'Qwell Jackson - sorry.

We know Alex Smith will probably get this award, but he still sucks. He's like a less efficient Kyle Orton that actually has a running game.

• Downvote 1

Alex Smith does not "suck." That's a dumb statement, Bware.

He does what is needed, is more efficient than Kyle Orton, and throws less INTs. He has a good passer rating. He's a game-manager, he knows it, and he does his job very well.

• Upvote 1

He does what is needed, is more efficient than Kyle Orton, and throws less INTs. He has a good passer rating. He's a game-manager, he knows it, and he does his job very well.

In today's NFL, he is nothing more than a quarterback who is competent against lesser teams but incompetent against better teams. Two of San Fran's losses (Dallas and Baltimore) came against teams that would beat them again (though, of course, Dallas and San Fran can't play again). He couldn't even manage a touchdown in the Baltimore game. The guy is not good enough. That's the truth of the matter.

• Downvote 1

In today's NFL, he is nothing more than a quarterback who is competent against lesser teams but incompetent against better teams. Two of San Fran's losses (Dallas and Baltimore) came against teams that would beat them again (though, of course, Dallas and San Fran can't play again). He couldn't even manage a touchdown in the Baltimore game. The guy is not good enough. That's the truth of the matter.

• Downvote 1

There is really only one correct answer for this, Jordy Nelson.

I can't give it to Cruz because he didn't play enough last year to even make an impact. He was finally given an opportunity to showcase his talents and he came through in a big way.

Nelson was largely mediocre last year though, even dropping passes in the Super Bowl. This season he has outperformed even Greg Jennings for most of the year.

Lmao. Dallas would not beat San Fran again. With your piece of shit defense. I thought you were done talking Cowboys. But we all knew that was bullshit. You just hate 49ers... its ok. I hate the Cowboys.

Why the heck do you think Dallas would beat them again?

San Francisco also beat Detroit, the Giants, and the Eagles, all of whom beat the Cowboys. The Giants and Eagles swept Dallas rather handily.

And he DID manage a touchdown in the Baltimore game, a 75-yard strike to Michael Crabtree, it was taken back by a horrible ref's call on a "chop-block" by Frank Gore that was just complete and utter bullshit. He also can make plays with his legs. Was he "incompetent" in the 49ers win over New York, where the G-men completely shut down Frank Gore and the Niners run-game? No. Was he incompetent against Detroit, or Philly? No. You don't give Alex Smith nearly enough credit, and neither does pretty much anyone else.

Is he elite? No, but the difference is, he *knows* it. He doesn't try to force throws he can't make, he rarely turns the ball over, and that is ALL the 49ers need him to do. You don't go 13-3 and beat Pittsburgh, Philly, the Giants, the Lions, and the Seahawks twice with a QB that "sucks." He may not be the most improved player of the year, but to say he sucks is just ridiculous.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

The last thing I'm gonna say is Alex Smith has 4 4th-quarter road comebacks this year tying Joe Montana in 1989. The old Alex Smith would never have been able to do that. Whatever, think what you want, Mr. Tashard Choice. :troll:

I'll actually throw Jared Allen's name out there. Played as the best overall DE 4-3 in the league and he got 22.5 sacks. He's always been a liability in the run game in the past. This year he was awesome against the run.

You still think he sucks, Bware? If I'm not mistaken, that was Alex Smith, not Frank Gore, who drove the Niners down twice for TDs inside of five minutes left to go and needing a TD each time.

Man. I think Alex Smith just took the lead on Jordy Nelson (at least in my mind).

Man. I think Alex Smith just took the lead on Jordy Nelson (at least in my mind).

FUCK that. He still only threw 17 TDs. That's not even an average of two TD passes a game.

• Downvote 1

FUCK that. He still only threw 17 TDs. That's not even an average of two TD passes a game.

I'd have to agree. Alex Smith has stepped up big time, but I still don't think he's what we'd call an elite quarterback, but he does deserve to be in this conversation especially after what he was able to do yesterday. Jim Harbaugh deserves Coach of the Year, and I don't think anyone else is even in contention.

Fuck stats. They hardly let him throw early in the season and our guys dropped a few TDs.