AllYouNeedIsLovie

Andy Reid will return to the Eagles

If they miss the playoffs next season they better fire his ass, lol.

Edited by BayAreaBomber
MESSED UP, OK

this is the right move, despite my frustration this season. If we have to have Vick, I want Reid as the coach.

Edited by GA_Eagle

It's awesome knowing that even if we dominate next year and go 14-2 or something that with lard ass we have no chance at winning the Super Bowl, no matter how good our team is. He's still going to make the same predictable mistakes and he's going to pass the ball 1000 times a game and get Vick hurt anyway. Hard to be excited about the 2012 season at this point. Just another lost year imo.

You're all saying lolEagles but in reality they'll probably be good this year. Both the people laughing at this move would also have their team trounced by the Eagles if they played today.

The Eagles are a better team with Andy Reid as head coach. They've spent so long under his system and that's why they're gonna be good next year. They've got a lot of star players and they've had this season and will get a full offseason to work out the kinks in their gameplan. And let's be honest, Vick didn't exactly have a 100 million dollar year last season lmao.

You're all saying lolEagles but in reality they'll probably be good this year. Both the people laughing at this move would also have their team trounced by the Eagles if they played today.

The Eagles are a better team with Andy Reid as head coach. They've spent so long under his system and that's why they're gonna be good next year. They've got a lot of star players and they've had this season and will get a full offseason to work out the kinks in their gameplan. And let's be honest, Vick didn't exactly have a 100 million dollar year last season lmao.

I think we proved earlier this year that we're capable of beating the 9ers but I don't anyone trounces them. They've had the best defense in the league all year long.

As for us being better with Reid, yesh I'd be really surprised to see him miss the playoffs two years in a row, but the guy just cannot win the Super Bowl. I'd like to see us at least try to get a guy who can do that for us.

I think we proved earlier this year that we're capable of beating the 9ers but I don't anyone trounces them. They've had the best defense in the league all year long.

As for us being better with Reid, yesh I'd be really surprised to see him miss the playoffs two years in a row, but the guy just cannot win the Super Bowl. I'd like to see us at least try to get a guy who can do that for us.

Wasn't talking about the 49ers. Bay just said "if he misses the playoffs again he should be fired" and I kind of agree with that. 2 years should be enough for a head coach with this kind of talent to at least make the playoffs once. You always give him that 1 year to get settled before saying "Alright now get down to business".

If you guys actually watch Lurie's press conference, you might be surprised. Lurie sounded legitimately angry, disappointed, embarrassed, etc. He called this season "unacceptable" and really seemed to imply that promoting Castillo in a lockout-shortened offseason was a horrible idea.

Lurie essentially said without saying that Andy needs to take this team deep in the playoffs next year or it's gonna be time to clean house. And that's the right move, IMO.

:lolandy:

that is all...

If you guys actually watch Lurie's press conference, you might be surprised. Lurie sounded legitimately angry, disappointed, embarrassed, etc. He called this season "unacceptable" and really seemed to imply that promoting Castillo in a lockout-shortened offseason was a horrible idea.

Lurie essentially said without saying that Andy needs to take this team deep in the playoffs next year or it's gonna be time to clean house. And that's the right move, IMO.

8th ranked total defense and #1 in sacks? And he only got better as the season progressed. I think we see him back next year. If Reid gets another chance, Castillo deserves another chance and at least a full offseason with his team.

• Upvote 1

8th ranked total defense and #1 in sacks? And he only got better as the season progressed. I think we see him back next year. If Reid gets another chance, Castillo deserves another chance and at least a full offseason with his team.

Sorry but not if we get get a guy as good as Spags and #1 in sacks can be attributed to Washburn. Almost every single one of our sacks came from the D line.

For the record, I wasn't giving my $0.02 on Castillo, just trying to translate what Lurie said at his press conference, and he's absolutely right. Promoting an offensive line coach to defensive coordinator was a horrible idea for a non-rebuilding team in the first place. Add on the lost time of the offseason with the lockout, and we really should have seen it coming.

• Upvote 1

+1 SteVo.

It's a fascinating situation, really. Without Andy Reid, the Eagles wouldn't be in playoff contention year after year. But in the same breathe, Andy Reid is stopping them from winning a Super Bowl. Time after time we've seen poor game management decisions from Reid that have cost his team important games.

It's one of those things that is similar to the Tony Romo debate. Yeah, he's a really good QB. Hell, he's in the Elite tier of Razor's QB Watch. But if you don't see him winning a Super Bowl - which is the ultimate goal - do you get rid of him? Same goes for Andy...

• Upvote 1

+1 SteVo.

It's a fascinating situation, really. Without Andy Reid, the Eagles wouldn't be in playoff contention year after year. But in the same breathe, Andy Reid is stopping them from winning a Super Bowl. Time after time we've seen poor game management decisions from Reid that have cost his team important games.

It's one of those things that is similar to the Tony Romo debate. Yeah, he's a really good QB. Hell, he's in the Elite tier of Razor's QB Watch. But if you don't see him winning a Super Bowl - which is the ultimate goal - do you get rid of him? Same goes for Andy...

+1 right back at ya. It's a really conflicting situation, and it's been going on long enough, which is why I think Lurie has the right idea to finally put Andy on a short leash.

Sorry but not if we get get a guy as good as Spags and #1 in sacks can be attributed to Washburn. Almost every single one of our sacks came from the D line.

Yeah, because he didn't blitz. And when did our linebackers ever get sacks?

You can't say we got that many sacks just because of Washburn. A lot of them were coverage sacks, and it is not a favorable DL system to run as far as run defense. Castillo fixed a lot of mistakes and got some linebackers that probably won't have great NFL careers to have a bunch of nice games down the stretch. And some of the games he got crucified for really were blown out of proportion. The offensive turnovers also didn't do him any favors. Spags would be nice, but I love Castillo's intensity and his general football knowledge to be able to not only switch sides of the ball and suddenly call plays, but to learn on the fly as well as he did and correct the mistakes as well as he did. Because it's not him playing on the field. He has to teach this team what to do, while also learning a little himself on the fly, all in a shortened offseason. And there were some seriously inexperienced players at seriously important positions (entire middle of secondary). I think Juan is something special as far as a coach. There will be other great, experienced defensive schemers available in the future if he bombs next year, we don't have to jump at Spags.

The fact that our NFC East rivals scored a combined 27 points in our rematches says that he is a learner and a mistake fixer.

Plus... this is Andy and Howie's bed. Give their draft picks one more year, give their rookie DC one more year, and (sigh) give Andy one more year. I believe we can cut Vick for nothing at the end of this or next season as well.

This is definitely the best decision. I still believe hiring Castillo was a big mistake, but Mike Vick has played his best football under Reid and with his success he deserves more time than getting fired after an 8-8 season.