Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Portfolio front page

So yea... I am planning on transferring, and each school that I am sending an app to is asking for a portfolio of my Architecture work... And since I didn't want to have a plain regular portfolio book cover, I decided to photoshop one. It's still a work in progress, but I just wanted to post it to see and get some kinda Cnc.

my_portfolio_by_number6666-d4l8ssr.png

Cnc would be appreciated... lol..

Not bad.

Maybe take away from the red and green cuz it's kind of distracting. It's cool idea but I think there's too much of those lines and dots. Maybe experiment with different colors instead of red/green too. Maybe silver and dark gray?

So yea... I am planning on transferring, and each school that I am sending an app to is asking for a portfolio of my Architecture work... And since I didn't want to have a plain regular portfolio book cover, I decided to photoshop one. It's still a work in progress, but I just wanted to post it to see and get some kinda Cnc.

my_portfolio_by_number6666-d4l8ssr.png

Cnc would be appreciated... lol..

What school do you plan on transferring too? Does Adrian not offer a 4 year program for architecture? :shrug:

• Downvote 1

I think everything is sick other than the Roman Pillars look a little weird to me. Maybe if you could fit the roof over it or something. Idk, just looks a little odd how its cut.

Not bad.

Maybe take away from the red and green cuz it's kind of distracting. It's cool idea but I think there's too much of those lines and dots. Maybe experiment with different colors instead of red/green too. Maybe silver and dark gray?

Yea, i'll try different colors out. Thanks!

What school do you plan on transferring too? Does Adrian not offer a 4 year program for architecture? :shrug:

Im not necessarily planning on transferring.. Yet. But yea, I'm sending applications to U of Michigan, Iowa St. and University of Illinois is Chicago.

There's nothing wrong with Adrian, at least not a lot... It's just there 3 year plan is kinda lame, and it's too small of a school for me.... And I don't get any exposure. I might chose to stay at Adrian regardless though.

Guest Phailadelphia

I like it purely from an artistic standpoint although the red and green are super distracting (as badgers said). But if you're sending a portfolio to a school I'd probably try for something cleaner and more professional looking. That's just me though.

I like it purely from an artistic standpoint although the red and green are super distracting (as badgers said). But if you're sending a portfolio to a school I'd probably try for something cleaner and more professional looking. That's just me though.

yea, that was my thought process as well.

It's just that they told me that since im going into the undergraduate program, they are looking for our 'artistic creativity and mastery' in our portfolio, and I figured, this would be the best way. But I am definitely gonna try a more professional cover.

I think you can be creative and artsy with the portfolio title while being clean at the same time. You don't want just "My Portfolio... By: XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX". You won't stand out at all.

But I do think you need to turn it down a notch. It's a little over-the-top right now, IMO.

I think everything is sick other than the Roman Pillars look a little weird to me. Maybe if you could fit the roof over it or something. Idk, just looks a little odd how its cut.

Yea, my problem is I need to add some kinda architecture theme on it cause it would be kinda random. So I figured I mind as well throw some columns and a pediment, I tried fitting it all underneath, but that kinda looked awkward. lol. Thanks!

I think you can be creative and artsy with the portfolio title while being clean at the same time. You don't want just "My Portfolio... By: XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX". You won't stand out at all.

But I do think you need to turn it down a notch. It's a little over-the-top right now, IMO.

Yea, it seems the consensus is that it's too over the top, lol. So i'll need to take some off, possibly change the color scheme as well.