Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

Just a general place to discuss whatever NBA games that are on.

A couple thoughts on the season so far:

-The Sixers are looking very good so far. 5-2 and first in the Atlantic with the #1 defense is points and fg%. Looks like this team is finally coming together, we will see for sure when they play the Pacers tonight.

-Ricky Rubio is going to be a very good player in this league. It was reported that he did not have a shot at all but so far his scoring has not been a problem and his passing is as good as advertised. Whenever there is a Wolves game on TV I make sure to tune in.

-The Heat look unbeatable early in the year. The Hawks stole a game from them earlier in the year but then could not win the next meeting when the Heat were without LeBron and Wade. Chris Bosh of all people took over to win it in OT.

Mavs have surprisingly started off slow. I liked the Odom acquisition for them over the off-season, but he has been quiet thus far.

It's looking like a Heat vs Thunder finals, right now. Although, don't sleep on the Lakers. Kobe is silencing all his critics who said he was getting old, slow and too banged up.

Well I'm not very impressed by the way Celtics play so far but it can always be worse...

It's looking like a Heat vs Thunder finals, right now. Although, don't sleep on the Lakers. Kobe is silencing all his critics who said he was getting old, slow and too banged up.

Kobe has played well through his injuries, but the Lakers still have problems. Survived with a win over the Grizzlies last night but had way too many turnovers. There was an article on ESPN about how the Lakers had the most American white people in the NBA. Paraphrased - they aren't that good anymore.

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't necessarily disagree with you on Kobe's performance but he's scoring 30 points on almost 30 shots. Not exactly a model of efficiency.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on Kobe's performance but he's scoring 30 points on almost 30 shots. Not exactly a model of efficiency.

Hes got a 45.4 FG pct for his career. Thus far hes shooting at 44.4 pct so its not like hes killing his team with poor shots or anything.

The Suns are pretty awful :(. But we have some promising young talent. Markeiff Morrris has looked really good in limited time.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Suns are pretty awful :(. But we have some promising young talent. Markeiff Morrris has looked really good in limited time.

No offense but Phoenix needs to trade Nash to a contender imo. Help one of the better PGs to ever play the game get a ring before he has to retire.

Still waiting to see some progression from other Bulls players.

Rose is still awesome, and I like that Deng hasn't pissed me off as much this year.

Boozer hasn't gotten hurt (yet), Noah is still useless on offense...Taj Gibson isn't doing as well as I'd hoped he would.

but the guy I wanna talk about is Omer Asik. Really pleased with him so far. I was at the Bulls/Hawks game and he played some great D. He helped us turn the momentum in our favor and we came back from 19 under and won the game.

Regardless of what I see, we have a good record, hope we keep the pace and perhaps make it back to the ECF (maybe win this time...:shrug:)

Kyle Korver annoys me. He had a really good game a few days ago, though.

Edit - Oh and our major FA acquisition, Rip Hamilton, has been bugged with injury so far. Hopefully this doesn't keep up...I don't like Ronnie Brewer and would prefer not to keep having to start him.

Edited by badgers

No offense but Phoenix needs to trade Nash to a contender imo. Help one of the better PGs to ever play the game get a ring before he has to retire.

I wouldn't so much mind it. I'd love to see him get a ring. But he isn't going to ask for a trade.. It just isn't in his character. So, that means we will have to up and trade him.. Which I also don't think will happen.

In an interview with ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Nash said the idea of moving him to a contender is a lot more difficult than people might think.

"One, it's not my style. Maybe I'm old school, but I feel like that's not my place to give up on my team, give up on my teammates. I signed a contract and made a commitment," he said. "And two, I don't feel it's like choosing a restaurant. It's got to be a situation that works for two teams. And I don't know how simple that is. But before we even get to that part of it, I just feel that I owe it to my teammates to stay committed to them. I feel that I owe it to the fans and the organization to fight."

Um... Ya. You telling me that the Suns are gonna go and trade a guy who just said that? Lol... Doubt it. But maybe if we sat him down and worked through a trade together... :shrug:

I :wub: Steve Nash

Sixers had a big win over the Pacers (minus Danny Granger) last night even though they played pretty bad and had a ton of turnovers. Good to get a win over a decent team and increase our lead in the Atlantic. Kings tonight and then the Knicks on Wednesday in our first back-to-back-to-back of the year.

Edited by Wee-Bey

It's hard to beat Knicks this season...

Kevin McHale is awesome. :sarcasm:

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

It's hard to beat Knicks this season...

You're being sarcastic right

Um... Ya. You telling me that the Suns are gonna go and trade a guy who just said that? Lol... Doubt it. But maybe if we sat him down and worked through a trade together... :shrug:

I :wub: Steve Nash

I wish more NBA players were like Nash. Instead we have whiny "it isn't good enough for me" babies like LeBron and Dwight.

I wish more NBA players were like Nash. Instead we have whiny "it isn't good enough for me" babies like LeBron and Dwight.

But...if more players were like Steve Nash...then...the NBA would be a respectable sport...

That clip isn't good unless you can hear the whistle.