Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

Dwight Howard whining about not getting the ball enough after a win, lol. He has turned into quite the primadonna.

Guest Phailadelphia

It's just a hyperextension...it didn't look that bad.

I really like coach Alvin Gentry... but I think it's safe to say that it is time to blow this ***** up. Definitely need a solid big coming off the bench behind Gortat and the failure of the organization to acquire a suitable PG behind Nash disturbs me.

Guest Phailadelphia

Westbrook's ankle looked worse than Monta's knee, imo.

Also, NBA League Pass is the shit.

Yeah it did, but thankfully they said he wasn't even limping on it in the locker room after the game. Had it wrapped in a compression sleeve and ice and might play tomorrow depending on how he feels.

Guest Phailadelphia

Tonight was absolute insanity.

51 by KD on 68% shooting

40 by Westbrook on 55% shooting

Ibaka triple-double with 14 points, 15 rebounds, and 11 blocked shots

Westbrook and Durant scored 41 of the Thunder's final 46 points.

That was my favorite Thunder game ever not including the 3OT vs Memphis last postseason.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

Thunder relinquished a 26 point lead and ended up winning by 8 points. I wasn't really worried, but was pretty annoyed toward the end there.

Detroit owns Boston. :facepalm:

I really am looking forward to next season. I'm feeling just like I did with the Bucs and FSU this year.

I generally agree with the Suns report card :yep:

The bench is practically horrendous. Has to be one of the worst in the league, IMO. And I am not trying to be over dramatic. I want pretty much all of our starters to hit 48 minutes. But guys like Morris and Dudley do deserve time. I think Shannon Brown could contribute more, but we need to allow him to be the athletic player he is. Right now we just want him to get open, catch and shoot. Doesn't really cater to his strengths and mainly why he has been a disappointing signing, so far.

However... There is a positive that I have seen in the last 2 weeks or so that has me hopeful.

Channing Frye is a big dude.. He's nearly 7 ft tall, lmao. But so far in his career he has been widely regarded as nothing but a perimeter player, mostly because of his history of accuracy beyond the arc.

He's struggled from downtown this year and just recently Alvin Gentry has been moving him closer and closer to the basket. Asking him to post up more and take those 1-on-1 battles in the paint. And honestly... He's played pretty damn well in his new role, in my opinion. Why this wasn't thought of before just baffles me.

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2012/

Mid-season report cards.

Good find, Bay. I'm surprised they rated the Celtics so well. I've always known that the Celtics are a playoff team that can go deep until they reach Miami. They're great defensively and are extremely experienced. The problem I see now is with teams in the East being surprisingly good (Philly, NY) they need to win enough games to get a good seed and not gas themselves out or suffer any serious injuries.