Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jets players rip Mark Sanchez, want Peyton Manning

A season torn by discord and dysfunction prompted several key Jets players and members of the organization to paint a sobering picture of Mark Sanchez, a polarizing figure within the franchise’s walls. They raised serious doubts about his ability to lead the Jets, questioning everything from his practice habits to the organization’s coddling of him to how much of a role he truly played in the team making two consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances, and they also invited the opportunity to replace Sanchez with Peyton Manning. The consensus among players who spoke to the Daily News was that, at the very least, the Jets must sign a legitimate veteran backup to push their young quarterback. “We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,” said one player. “He’s lazy and content because he knows he’s not going to be benched.” Several players and members of the organization were asked if the Jets should make a play for Peyton Manning if the Colts, who are expected to select Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick in the draft, release him. “Come on. That’s a no-brainer,” a Jets source said. “If you have a chance to get a healthy 36-year-old Peyton Manning and you don’t do it, then you’re stupid. If I could get a healthy 36-year-old Peyton Manning, then, hell yeah, I would trade Sanchez.” Sanchez’s teammates believed that the presence of consultant Tom Moore, who was Manning’s offensive coordinator and mentor during their decade-long run together in Indianapolis, would be a bonus to lure Manning to New York. “We already have his coach — Tom Moore,” one well-respected player said. “Plus, he’s a field general and will get everyone lined up. He will get his playmakers the ball. We can win a Super Bowl with Peyton.”

Source: New York Daily News

lolJetsfail. This team is such a mess right now.

If they did get Manning though and he was healthy, that would be a very scary team.

...Jets have been imploding all year, and this is just one more thing Rex Ryan has to deal with. Not only are the public wanting Sanchez's head...but now players on your own team are being divided. lolJetsBoutToFailHard.

It is so nice to see the Jets start imploding with Rex at the head. Too many egos in the pot, and no one is happy with the direction that they're going. And of course, you aren't gonna bench Sanchez if your competition is a 50 year old Mark Brunell and guys like Kellen Clemens. Of course, Greg McElroy isn't gonna get a chance to start for them now that he's opened him big mouth. I think Peyton is smart and will avoid New York like the plague.

• Upvote 1

Damn, things just keep getting worse for the Jets. The fact that so many players are relaying damaging information like this to the media tells me that Rex really has lost that team.

Damn, things just keep getting worse for the Jets. The fact that so many players are relaying damaging information like this to the media tells me that Rex really has lost that team.

That's what happens with all of his empty promises and guarantees...

"We are going to the Super Bowl"

and then miss the playoffs....

The team has lost trust, and faith in their head coach. And it's not like they are wrong about Sanchez. The sooner Rex stops coddling Sanchez, the quicker they can begin to heal.

The team has lost trust, and faith in their head coach. And it's not like they are wrong about Sanchez. The sooner Rex stops coddling Sanchez, the quicker they can begin to heal.

:yep:

I guess that loud-mouthed style of leadership doesn't work for an NFL head coach if you can't deliver on your promises.

It's obvious Rex isn't coddling Mark. Mike T. and Schotty were the ones doing it. It has been obvious Rex hates Sanchez.

And I don't think the "I think my team is going to the Super Bowl" thoughts have anything to do with it. For the fans sure but obviously the players think that anyways. It's just the fact that this team doesn't like Sanchez as the QB and I can't blame them.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

It's obvious Rex isn't coddling Mark. Mike T. and Schotty were the ones doing it. It has been obvious Rex hates Sanchez.

And I don't think the "I think my team is going to the Super Bowl" thoughts have anything to do with it. For the fans sure but obviously the players think that anyways. It's just the fact that this team doesn't like Sanchez as the QB and I can't blame them.

The Jets are in complete hysteria right now just because they don't like Sanchez?! Oh come on... lmao.

What about the reports from McElroy, where the locker room is filled with selfish individuals.. That he team is split.. and they don't play like a team... Everyone is out looking for their own, and that's it.

Is that because they hate Mark Sanchez, too?

The teams is slowly taking after Rex with their arrogance and loud-mouths...NY Jets be in trouble doggies :yep:

The Jets are a mess, no shit? The Jets organization has been very dysfunctional for years. All this is piling on the fire. I like Rex Ryan but if they miss the playoffs again then I can see him on his way out; too much talk and too little execution, plus the calamity in the locker room isn't helping their situation.

I have absolutely no problem with what has been said about Mark Sanchez and the team. The one gripe I have is that I wish the sources weren't such fucking pussies and actually said who they were because they weren't really wrong. If I was a player I would do the same thing. If my team is underperforming, clearly split and getting their attention in the locker room isn't working then I'm using the media as a tool to force the organization's hand into doing something about it.

Mark Sanchez is not only a scrub but he is a baby, better yet, a little bitch. He is too concerned with other's perceptions ergo refuses to put 100% in his game. It's almost as if Sanchez is taking his job for granted, and there is no room for that in the NFL. I would have signed a competent back up and benched Sanchez eons ago! It is clear various people in the organization, whether they be players or coaches past and present, think of Sanchez as trivial; Sanchez's game reflects on his self-conflict, sporadic. When the team is critical of him he implodes, when Sanchez thinks everyone loves him he plays better. That is not starting QB material and some in the Jets organization - I pray the majority does - would agree. What is even move repulsive is the security blanket put over Sanchez. If you have to shield your QB from pressure and criticism then what is he doing in the league!?

At this rate I'm definitely giving Rex one more season, that's as far as this circus is going to last; of course until the next Jets head coach :facepalm: ...

Mark Sanchez being a starting QB in the NFL makes me feel better about Joe Flacco's abilities. This team is a mess, and Sanchez needs to find another job. You know, something he's good at.

• Upvote 1

This would be a really bad story if Sanchez was a capable QB...

The Jets are in complete hysteria right now just because they don't like Sanchez?! Oh come on... lmao.

What about the reports from McElroy, where the locker room is filled with selfish individuals.. That he team is split.. and they don't play like a team... Everyone is out looking for their own, and that's it.

Is that because they hate Mark Sanchez, too?

Exactly. That all has nothing to do with Rex Ryan guaranteeing Super Bowl victories. It has to do with the personalities on the team.

Exactly. That all has nothing to do with Rex Ryan guaranteeing Super Bowl victories. It has to do with the personalities on the team.

Who just so happens to be the same personality as your head coach. It filters down, bro. Rex Ryan is a problem. Well.. not so much Ryan as his attitude and dumbassedness.

• Upvote 2

I remember when everyone was all, "Ooooh, I loooove Sexy Rexy. His 'sock it to 'em' attitude is clearly what the league has needed for a while now. I wish Rex would fondle my feet while I listen to him guarantee things and hype up his team."

• Upvote 2

Who just so happens to be the same personality as your head coach. It filters down, bro. Rex Ryan is a problem. Well.. not so much Ryan as his attitude and dumbassedness.

I see what you are saying. I thought you meant the specific comment by Rex Ryan that they were going to win the Super Bowl. I don't think THAT had any real affect on the team.

I think Rex's style worked pretty dam good for two years and we'd be in the playoffs this year if we had a competent quarterback and competent offensive coordinator.

LOL Jets and LOL Rex Ryan. This keeps up they'll probably end up with 3-5 wins next year lol.

Ryan took a nothing team with more problems than solutions and had them playing for an AFC Championship in his first two seasons there. He fell one game short of his guarantee. He's the only coach in NFL history to do such a thing, and with a rookie QB who as you have all stated sucks. Let's not turn this thing into something it isn't.

Sanchez sucks, there are a bunch of selfish millionaires in the locker room, and the players are divided. I know the hammer has to drop somewhere, but I don't see how this is Rex's fault at all really. He's a loud mouth, so when things don't work out he's an easy scapegoat, but there is a difference between cocky and arrogant. Rex is cocky as shit, but he doesn't come off as arrogant or selfish to me whatsoever.

This team is taking on the antithesis of Rex's attitude. Rex is a loud, proud, hard nosed, grind it out together kind of guy who isn't afraid to step up and take accountability for his team's shortcomings. It sounds to me like the players are more interested in pointing fingers and making excuses.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ryan took a nothing team with more problems than solutions and had them playing for an AFC Championship in his first two seasons there. He fell one game short of his guarantee. He's the only coach in NFL history to do such a thing, and with a rookie QB who as you have all stated sucks. Let's not turn this thing into something it isn't.

Sanchez sucks, there are a bunch of selfish millionaires in the locker room, and the players are divided. I know the hammer has to drop somewhere, but I don't see how this is Rex's fault at all really. He's a loud mouth, so when things don't work out he's an easy scapegoat, but there is a difference between cocky and arrogant. Rex is cocky as shit, but he doesn't come off as arrogant or selfish to me whatsoever.

This team is taking on the antithesis of Rex's attitude. Rex is a loud, proud, hard nosed, grind it out together kind of guy who isn't afraid to step up and take accountability for his team's shortcomings. It sounds to me like the players are more interested in pointing fingers and making excuses.

Keep making excuses for Rex because you like him while the rest of us hold him accountable for the ridiculous nature his team has absorbed. Making guarantees, volunteering for Hard Knocks, being obnoxious toward the media rather than humble, and perpetuating the stupid fucking "Revis Island" charade are a sample of why the millionaires in his locker room are acting like spoiled twelve year olds. One of the principal jobs of a Head Coach is to control the actions of his team. If it's not Rex's fault, it must be whose exactly?

• Upvote 1

The people on his team. It's like athletes can't be held accountable for their own actions or something...

• Upvote 1

Keep making excuses for Rex because you like him while the rest of us hold him accountable for the ridiculous nature his team has absorbed. Making guarantees, volunteering for Hard Knocks, being obnoxious toward the media rather than humble, and perpetuating the stupid fucking "Revis Island" charade are a sample of why the millionaires in his locker room are acting like spoiled twelve year olds. One of the principal jobs of a Head Coach is to control the actions of his team. If it's not Rex's fault, it must be whose exactly?

Where do you get off saying Rex Ryan has not been humble towards the media? Who cares how he acts towards the media first of all because it's the fucking media who TRY to get reactions out of people. But I'm not sure how he's not humble.

And yeah it's so terrible he have confidence in the best cornerback in the NFL. What a sham.

All these players have personalities, they are all adults and make their own decisions.

Also I don't see how saying Rex Ryan has gotten to 2 AFC Championships in two years with a shit quarterback is an excuse. It's a fact.

They aren't high school or even college kids. These are professional men you're talking about. They THEMSELVES should be be held accountable for acting like jack asses. It's not Rex's job to babysit grown men. If they can't act like adults, then it's the GM's job to get guys in there that can.

As far as Revis island, he's the best CB in the league. There is no denying that. We always want coaches to call it like they see it instead of giving cookie cutter answers. Rex does that, and he gets bashed for it. I made no "excuses" for the guy, and he makes none for himself.

The guy has been highly successful in NY. more successful than any Jets coach that I've personally ever seen, and he's done it in a very short time. When they do fail or make a mistake, he owns it. I don't have any problem with Rex.