Vin

General Ideas Thread

Alright, TGP, it is time for some more input from you. I know you've got some ideas to contribute, so now it is time to hear them.

Anything you guys feel that could improve the board, post it here: board enhancements, forum ideas, anything (with the exception of suggesting someone be banned, or ideas in the same vein).

Get to it.

I've said it plenty of times in the past, but I'll say it again...

The staff, though it has been trimmed down immensely, could still do without forum moderators. It's merely a title in most cases as the people that actually post news and such are Blue and Vin anyway. It looks a bit tacky and it serves no real purpose, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Vin's admin?

How could this happen?!

And I agree with Zack I think we could do with like 1 or 2 admins (besides NBB I guess he's the head honcho here). And 1 or 2 Super mods.

I don't see the point of the greenies any ways. What's the point of looking after just a few areas of the website? It's easily something that a super mod can do.

Also here comes a lame suggestion you guys might think but maybe stricter rules in the shoutbox.

Just thinking that maybe if new recruits to the website feel offended by what's going on in there they won't stick around and what's the point of NBB going to tell people about the website if they're just gonna be turned off by what's going on in the shoutbox?

Edit - Oh and I just thought of this since Fisher was hired today I saw the "Breaking News" banner on ESPN, NFL.com etc.

What if we could do something like that and label threads as "Hot Topics" or "Breaking News" and then any section of the boards that has a Breaking News topic in it would have a little red marker next to it to let people know? Or it could be displayed at the top of the page or something? Would get conversation going if they notice it right away.

Edited by badgers

If we get rid of the forum mod positions, the number of elite members should rise.

Time to reorder the division team icons according to finish in the 2011 standings?

Talking about these: Eagles.png

• Upvote 1

Time to reorder the division team icons according to finish in the 2011 standings?

+1 man. I was always wondering why the fuck are the Seahawks first when we finished first. Good man. :yep:

is the Jags' logo not showing up for anyone else?

Wasn't yesterday but it is now.

is the Jags' logo not showing up for anyone else?

Since nobody cared about the Jags, I went ahead and deleted them from the NFL. They no longer exist :nope:

No, but really, clear your cache and that should fix the issue.

• Upvote 2

Since nobody cared about the Jags, I went ahead and deleted them from the NFL. They no longer exist :nope:

No, but really, clear your cache and that should fix the issue.

done and taken care of, thanks thumb.gif I figured it was an issue on my end since it was just one of the logos

Super Bowl 47 skin? The SB46 skin is one of our best, imo.

Get on it, Ranga! :D

Edited by SteVo

Super Bowl 47 skin? The SB46 skin is one of our best, imo.

Get on it, Ranga! :D

I'm on it :thumbup2:

I'm on it :thumbup2:

This one should be more of a challenge, since the 49ers and Ravens colors don't sync up as well as the Giants and Pats did, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with it.

You should make the skin like the one from 2009 that used the Super Bowl Logo's colors. That was my favorite skin ever, but it's gone. :(

This one should be more of a challenge, since the 49ers and Ravens colors don't sync up as well as the Giants and Pats did, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Yeah true, scarlet and purple tend to clash together lol...already got a couple of ideas on getting around that though :yep:

You should make the skin like the one from 2009 that used the Super Bowl Logo's colors. That was my favorite skin ever, but it's gone. :(

Was that the one with all the silver?

Yeah true, scarlet and purple tend to clash together lol...already got a couple of ideas on getting around that though :yep:

Was that the one with all the silver?

Maybe I'm wrong on the year. It was orange and purple, I think.

EDIT: Yeah, 2009. But I forgot they weren't doing the color schemes anymore, so nevermind. >_>

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/nde1rgd7aw5b8eusd7zplkd2x/_Super_Bowl/2009/Primary_Logo

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Maybe I'm wrong on the year. It was orange and purple, I think.

EDIT: Yeah, 2009. But I forgot they weren't doing the color schemes anymore, so nevermind. >_>

http://www.sportslog...09/Primary_Logo

Ahh okay. Yeah they just have the chrome logo now...

Some of the team skins need to be updated. :ninja:

I don't even use the '9ers skin at all to be honest. :laugh:

I don't even use the '9ers skin at all to be honest. :laugh:

Banned.

But yes, we will be doing a full refresh of the team skins after the draft.

I mentioned this to F4E awhile back and he seemed confident that some swapping would be done this offseason.

But yes, we will be doing a full refresh of the team skins after the draft.

Awesome. Probably best to wait until after free agency? I'll wait for upper staff to throw up a thread before I vote on the Eagles to replace Asante/Vick/Asmougha. (Damn our skin got old fast :p)

Awesome. Probably best to wait until after free agency? I'll wait for upper staff to throw up a thread before I vote on the Eagles to replace Asante/Vick/Asmougha. (Damn our skin got old fast :p)

Oh yeah sorry, that's what I mean. Dunno why I said draft lol :ninja:

And yeah, unlucky with that one...or very lucky, depending on how you look at it :p

Here's an idea. There's an awful new smiley that looks of retardation that cause great rage in my heart whenever I see it. Get rid of it plz

:nope:

:smug: