Vin

General Ideas Thread

Time to kick around some offseason ideas?

I'm gonna try (again) to do a debate tournament, and maybe I'll bring back the best drummer tourney that never got started. If that goes well we'll finish off the musical tournies (already did guitarists and bassists) with frontmen.

Just declare Peart the winner and move on to front men. I think that's why the last drummer thread fizzled, everyone pretty much only said one or two guys.

Neil Peart Ginger Baker

Pretty sure it would come down to a Bonham/Peart final, as it should. But maybe we'll find out.

I'm thinking about starting up another TGP Mock Draft game like this: http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57721-2012-tgp-mock-draft-official-selections/

I partook in one a few years back, and I'll start the thread, but I might need help in running it for when I'm not online.

Edited by BLUE

Oh ya. We are definitely doing one of those again. If somebody wants to run it (like Blue) I will not be getting in the way. but if nobody else steps up, I will take er over.

It's one of my favorite things to do every year.

I'd help out Blueseph with it. Whenever he wants to start it.

Is there anyway we can look into implementing a tagging system similar to Facebook? As in say I make a post and I really want someone to see it I could mention them (tag them) in the post and maybe on the sidebar it would show up for them as a notification. It could be useful in helping to make sure someone sees a point you want to make or just something that would interest them in general.

I know alternatively you can just PM them or post the link for the post on their profile but this would be pretty cool I think (if there is a way to make this happen).

• Upvote 1

Presently no, as there doesn't seem to be a mod for it. That feature is supposed to be built in to the next major board update, but I don't believe the release date for that has been stated yet.

• Upvote 1

Put birthdays back at the bottom, imo. Always like posting in those threads.

And yes, I noticed it due to my birthday, but I honestly do think the board is missing something we've all enjoyed in the past.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

That's kinda what the calendar was for, since I couldn't figure out how to bring the birthdays back to the bottom. I'll check things out again and see if I can't find something.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but is there any way to be able to see or give rep when surfing the forums on your phone? It's a minor issue in my eyes, but I do find it a little annoying that when I see a post I want to +1 and I have to wait until I'm home to do it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but is there any way to be able to see or give rep when surfing the forums on your phone? It's a minor issue in my eyes, but I do find it a little annoying that when I see a post I want to +1 and I have to wait until I'm home to do it.

If you scroll down to the bottom, there's a little button that says "Full Version". If you click on that, it will load the desktop version of the site, and you can just use it like you normally would. Unfortunately, there is no way to implement the rep system through the "mobile" version of the site.

• Upvote 1

There is an old mod for mobile rep, but it hasn't been updated to the most recent version of the board. I haven't gotten around to trying if it still works.

And the birthday mod that's in the marketplace doesn't work with this version of the board either (and is broken for this board as well, unlike the mobile rep mod).

Not exactly an idea but just wondering if you could enable the setting for users to have "conversations" instead of just messaging? There's 3 people I want to send the same message to and it'd just be easier if I could communicate with them in 1 conversation instead of 3 messages.

It should already be set up that way. Just include the two (or however many people you want to include) people in the 'other recipients' line and make sure the 'send to others as' is set to invitation.

Edited by Vin

It should already be set up that way. Just include the two (or however many people you want to include) people in the 'other recipients' line and make sure the 'send to others as' is set to invitation.

I'm not seeing an "other recipients" line. I'm on TGP default skin.

You don't see this? :think:

v33q5y.jpg

Nope. I just see Recipient's name and Message Subject.

I have the same thing as badgers fwiw. Could possibly be a clearance/access level thing?

That's exactly what it was. Never even knew. You all should be good now.

Need our annual Super Bowl skin. :yep:

There has to be a social plugin ability or something.

Shut down TGP SB Sunday for the greater good of God. Or else...implosion may...probably will happen. IMO