72 replies to this topic

#61 Sportsguy9695

Sportsguy9695

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • NFL Team: Giants

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

In the past we had a bookie just for fun. We might look into bringing that back. We won't bet real money on the games though. 

I would love to have a bookie

#62 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • NFL Team: Raiders

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

POPULAR

You should make your "Mad Box" visible to guest. It appears the primary activity of the board takes place there.

0138222001416840684_filepicker.jpg

#63 Zack_of_Steel

Zack_of_Steel

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators+
  • 14,812 posts
  • NFL Team: Steelers

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:06 AM

You should make your "Mad Box" visible to guest. It appears the primary activity of the board takes place there.

Some of us have been saying this for a while and it used to be that way, but there was worry about how our shit-talking and off-the-wall discussions might be perceived by prospective members.

aq2ObKS.png

Cry me a river and I'll piss you a puddle, 'cause either I don't give a fuck or my compassion's too subtle.

Spoiler

#64 Vin

Vin

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

• Owner+
  • 27,450 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Florida State Seminoles
  • NFL Team: Jaguars

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

Noted!

Now, what's your opinion on the censoring of speech, or, more accurately, the censoring of slurs? :think:

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#65 Zack_of_Steel

Zack_of_Steel

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators+
  • 14,812 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:36 AM

Noted!

Now, what's your opinion on the censoring of speech, or, more accurately, the censoring of slurs? :think:

Be sure to ask his opinion on what constitutes a "slur", aslo.

aq2ObKS.png

Cry me a river and I'll piss you a puddle, 'cause either I don't give a fuck or my compassion's too subtle.

Spoiler

#66 SteVo

SteVo

Gas in the tank, money in the bank

• Elite Prime+
  • 24,539 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): USF Bulls
  • NFL Team: Eagles

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

Bumping this to bring back an epic idea Ricky had...

Is there anyway we can look into implementing a tagging system similar to Facebook?  As in say I make a post and I really want someone to see it I could mention them (tag them) in the post and maybe on the sidebar it would show up for them as a notification.  It could be useful in helping to make sure someone sees a point you want to make or just something that would interest them in general.

I know alternatively you can just PM them or post the link for the post on their profile but this would be pretty cool I think (if there is a way to make this happen).

Has anything changed to make something like this possible? Would be subtle but awesome, IMO.

Posted Image
Posted Image
DMacforHOF still has it.

I'm not going to be part of the wine and cheese pseudo intellectual crowd. 

#67 Sarge

Sarge

Need a will? Call McGill!

• Elite Prime+
  • 23,169 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Penn State

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

That's an awesome idea. :yep:

J6OARNm.jpg

Thanks, DMac!

Sarge+ : (03 July 2017 - 03:58 PM)Sig bet? Marshall surpasses 800 yards and 7 TD's this season. seanbrock : (03 July 2017 - 04:00 PM)Fuck it, I ain't scurred seanbrock : (03 July 2017 - 04:00 PM)you're on

#68 CampinWithaMissingPerson

CampinWithaMissingPerson

Advanced Member

• Elite Members
  • 4,493 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Florida State, FGCU

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

Yeah I've seen it used on other boards it is pretty useful :yep: The only thing is like the rep system dudes can be childish and abuse it and keep tagging someone to bully them, I saw that happen too :lol:

This dude was a Pacers fan and for some reason everyone was convinced he was actually Roy Hibbert so anytime Hibbert had a bad game or the Pacers lost everyone on the board would tag this dude in the game thread lolol

Edited by CampinWithTheOldestSpice, 27 April 2016 - 10:45 AM.

VhZvztW.png

usfBb1A.png

#69 Sarge

Sarge

Need a will? Call McGill!

• Elite Prime+
  • 23,169 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Penn State

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:17 PM

Is there an IPB glitch right now? I only see myself as an active member right now. Others have been reporting this problem too. 

J6OARNm.jpg

Thanks, DMac!

Sarge+ : (03 July 2017 - 03:58 PM)Sig bet? Marshall surpasses 800 yards and 7 TD's this season. seanbrock : (03 July 2017 - 04:00 PM)Fuck it, I ain't scurred seanbrock : (03 July 2017 - 04:00 PM)you're on

#70 Vin

Vin

• Owner+
  • 27,450 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

Probably.  It's not showing when people are in a thread either.

This has happened in the past IIRC, and it resolved itself.

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#71 GA_Eagle

GA_Eagle

I'M DRUNK ON PANDA MYSTERY!!!

• Members
  • 8,843 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Syracuse

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

I know I don't post a lot but I do access the site from my phone quite a bit to see what is going on. I was wondering if there are any upgrades to the mobile version available. It would be nice to be able to use the shout box and give rep without having to switch to the full site. I would use and contribute a lot more if those were available.

#72 Vin

Vin

• Owner+
  • 27,450 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

POPULAR

I know I don't post a lot but I do access the site from my phone quite a bit to see what is going on. I was wondering if there are any upgrades to the mobile version available. It would be nice to be able to use the shout box and give rep without having to switch to the full site. I would use and contribute a lot more if those were available.

I added a skin (customobile, in the drop down box) that you can select that has a shoutbox tab.  I gotta find the settings to make it the default mobile skin, but at least it's something.

As far as mobile rep goes, I think IPB has done away with some of their older hooks, because I can't find anything now that would allow it. I'll keep looking, though.

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#73 GA_Eagle

GA_Eagle

I'M DRUNK ON PANDA MYSTERY!!!

• Members
  • 8,843 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Syracuse

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

*vigorous clapping*

1 user(s) are reading this topic