Sign in to follow this  
Duck Fallas

Immortality...

(This is an unintentional spin on Vin's thread)

If you were given the chance to live forever, but be forced to watch everyone that you know and love die one-by-one, would you take it?

Personally, I think that i would not hesitate. For all I know, I will live to be 110, my kids and my family could all pass away before I do anyway. So what reason would there to be not want to live forever? I would be able to fall in love and have many, many wives and children over the next eternity.

Pretty much what Vin said.

Watch In Time with Justin Timberlake. :yep:

(This is an unintentional spin on Vin's thread)

If you were given the chance to live forever, but be forced to watch everyone that you know and love die one-by-one, would you take it?

Personally, I think that i would not hesitate. For all I know, I will live to be 110, my kids and my family could all pass away before I do anyway. So what reason would there to be not want to live forever? I would be able to fall in love and have many, many wives and children over the next eternity.

I agree with you.

If I'm just immortal I imagine I can still be horribly disfigured or burned alive but be forced to continue living. No thanks.

The only immortality I'm interested in is in the eyes of those I love and cherish. I'd rather die early and teach a few people something than live forever and contemplate suicide for eternity.

No.

Immortality weakens or completely takes away whatever purpose life has. Plus, at some point, living would just get old. ( :shifty: )

Totally agree with this. There's balance in all life for a reason. Death gives life meaning and purpose. Living forever is almost like a curse IMO. Watching everyone you've loved and come to love disappear before your eyes would be terrible. Not even the hardiest of souls could desensitize themselves from something like that. Sure you can come to know new people, and like chia said start new families, but they too do would pass. How many of your own children would have to bury before you wished you were mortal once again?

If I'm just immortal I imagine I can still be horribly disfigured or burned alive but be forced to continue living. No thanks.

And of course,it sucks to see all your close ones die while you continue living...

Edited by housemd

If I was an Elf like in Lord of the Rings and lived in Rivendell, then I'd say yes... that would be awesome.

Btw FFE, what did you think of In Time?