BLUE

Update: Spagnuolo signs on as New Orleans DC

Per Rotoworld.com:

Ex-Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo will reportedly meet with the Saints on Wednesday.

The Eagles' plans for Juan Castillo are still unclear, which could leave the Saints and Colts battling for Spags' services. Colts GM Ryan Grigson has a relationship with Spagnuolo from their time together in Philly. The Saints can offer a contending roster whereas Indy is starting over again after a 2-14 season. Jan 17 - 5:13 PM

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

If I was one I'd be a pissed off Eagles fan if they don't even pursue Spags. Keeping Castillo as DC is retarded.

Edited by Shotgun

I wouldn't complain if we got him. I wanted Mike Nolan but he went to the Falcons :facepalm:

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Saints are set hire ex-Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator.

It looks like Juan Castillo will get another season as Eagles defensive boss. Spagnuolo had built a dominant defensive line with the Giants and had promising results up front with the Rams in 2010. He'll be charged with developing a consistent pass rush in New Orleans without leaning as heavily on the blitz as Gregg Williams. The Saints did well here, as Spags may actually be an upgrade. He'll keep the 4-3 front in place. Jan 19 - 6:02 PM

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

From St. Louis to New Orleans. Lol.

One word: Shit.

I really dislike this, I was hoping Philly would pick him up to keep him out of the South.

He has similar play calling to Greg Williams. I don't see much changing, except I'm sure the Saints hope he won't do dumb blitzes at crucial moments leaving the other teams best pass-catcher in single coverage.

Saints take the South again in 2012. :yep:

He has similar play calling to Greg Williams. I don't see much changing, except I'm sure the Saints hope he won't do dumb blitzes at crucial moments leaving the other teams best pass-catcher in single coverage.

Nah, Spags blitzes waaaay less than Williams does. In the San Fran game Williams sent 6 or more guys more than 25% of the time. That number is gonna be reduced to around 6% or so with Spags at the helm. He got career years out of a young stud in Chris Long, lets see what he does with Cameron Jordan, a guy like Long known for getting pressure without sacks.

He must have changed his play calling a bit then. Last I remember he was blitzing over 40% during some stretches of games.

Saints take the South again in 2012. :yep:

No way. No team has ever taken the South back-to-back and it ain't changing in 2012 because next year Carolina is taking it. :yep:

Another guy taken. By a division rival no less...

Meanwhile, the Bucs are sitting firm with their thumb up their ass interviewing like 2452435134059428529454224 people.

lulz

:facepalm: