Sign in to follow this  
Plax 4 Prez

New England Patriots vs New York Giants Part II

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Lombardi trophy?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

Man the Giants got fortunate here.

That was a sloppy game on both sides, but the Giants had two fumbles they recovered and that really dumb offsides penalty by Ninkovich where the Giants would have punted but instead they ended up scoring on that drive.

Then Welker drops what was probably a game-sealing catch. Pats could have almost run the clock out.

I love Ahmad Bradshaw's TD.

Glad I was wrong about the Pats winning.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :Giants:

Congrats, Blue.

• Upvote 1

As an impartial observer, I can say this is in the upper echelon of memorable games for me. Another Giants-Pats Super Bowl goes down as one of the best ever played. It came down to the final seconds and the winning touchdown was an accident. Can't say I've ever seen that.

Congrats to Bluesario, Plaz 4 Prez, NYGFH and whoever else I'm forgetting. Your team is back on top. I don't think we've seen the last of this team either. Enjoy the offseason. You all deserve it.

As an impartial observer, I can say this is in the upper echelon of memorable games for me. Another Giants-Pats Super Bowl goes down as one of the best ever played. It came down to the final seconds and the winning touchdown was an accident. Can't say I've ever seen that.

Congrats to Bluesario, Plaz 4 Prez, NYGFH and whoever else I'm forgetting. Your team is back on top. I don't think we've seen the last of this team either. Enjoy the offseason. You all deserve it.

THAT is not true. lol. One of the most memorable games ever? Not. The game was actually pretty awful for 3 full quarters. haha

(Unless you are a Giants fan, of course... IN which you will remember this forever)

THAT is not true. lol. One of the most memorable games ever? Not. The game was actually pretty awful for 3 full quarters. haha

(Unless you are a Giants fan, of course... IN which you will remember this forever)

Seriously? I thought the first three quarters--and the entire game--was awesome. Pretty wild too, if you think about it. Patriots' first play from scrimmage is a safety, close game all the way, Eli and Brady near perfect in an epic QB duel, Ahmad Bradshaw's failed attempt to stop on the one-yard-line, the Patriots converting on 4th and 16 on the final drive, the Hail Mary in the end zone as time expired.

Pretty epic Super Bowl if you ask me. It won't top Super Bowl 42 because the perfect season was at stake that year, but I'm not sure it could have been better. As someone who was above all rooting for a good game, I was more than satisfied.

• Upvote 1

Much appreciated Trident, thanks man

BTW, that 12 men on the field penalty definitely needs to be tweaked. In a situation with less than a minute left in the game, however much time ran off the clock during the penalty should be put back on the clock.

• Downvote 1

Seriously? I thought the first three quarters--and the entire game--was awesome. Pretty wild too, if you think about it. Patriots' first play from scrimmage is a safety, close game all the way, Eli and Brady near perfect in an epic QB duel, Ahmad Bradshaw's failed attempt to stop on the one-yard-line, the Patriots converting on 4th and 16 on the final drive, the Hail Mary in the end zone as time expired.

Pretty epic Super Bowl if you ask me. It won't top Super Bowl 42 because the perfect season was at stake that year, but I'm not sure it could have been better. As someone who was above all rooting for a good game, I was more than satisfied.

It was a good Super Bowl. But everything you listed specifically came in the 4th Qtr (subtract Brady's safety). The first couple of quarters were just... kinda blah. Nothing really special.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Week 9 Pats-Giants game was actually much better, IMO.

Maybe it's just me, but for the majority of the game, it didn't have that ''Super Bowl feel'' to it. Crowd wasn't really into it, either. Kinda felt like a lethargic regular season game.

• Downvote 1

Let me just say that the Panthers/Patriots Super Bowl, (XXXVIII) is widely considered one of the best ever, and that game was very much like this one, except the offenses exploded in the 4th quarter. But for the first three, there wasn't much going on, (except Fox's boneheaded decision to go for two in the late 3rd that ultimately cost us the game). Point being, just because something is only a great game for the 4th quarter, doesn't mean it's not a great game, period.

XLVI was a great game, I'm not sure where exactly it would fit, and I'm not going to try to rank it at least among the ones I've seen, for awhile yet. It's silly to do so now.

But Brady making those uncharacteristic mistakes, a good QB duel, a hail mary at the end- it was a great game.

BTW, that 12 men on the field penalty definitely needs to be tweaked. In a situation with less than a minute left in the game, however much time ran off the clock during the penalty should be put back on the clock.

I agree with BJ here. That doesn't really make sense to me. If you're gonna run ten seconds off for an offensive penalty, there shouldn't be any time taken off for a defensive one.

Edited by Thanatos19

I'm not angry. It was a great game and the team really battled hard to get back into the game after probably the worst start imaginable. Gronk being at about 10% of his usual self was a killer. I'd love to see what would have happened if he was 100%.

• Upvote 1

Well true, but the Giants also had three guys go down with injuries, four if you count JPP going out for a play and possibly affecting his play from there on out. They also had Travis Beckham, Antrel Rolle, and another TE go down, (was it Ballard? I can't remember). Injuries are something you have to be able to overcome and when your offense revolves around one player, it makes it a very risky proposition. If that guy has an off-day, or if he's hurt, then your offense stagnates.

superbowlsniper.jpg

Now why couldn't that guy have taken out Eli Manning? :shifty:

• Downvote 2

It came down to the final seconds and the winning touchdown was an accident. Can't say I've ever seen that.

Good call. Another very unique superbowl produced by a matchup that lived up to its potential. Great for the NFL and the game of football.

Week 9 Pats-Giants game was actually much better, IMO.

Maybe it's just me, but for the majority of the game, it didn't have that ''Super Bowl feel'' to it. Crowd wasn't really into it, either. Kinda felt like a lethargic regular season game.

I wouldn't say lethargic regular season game, I'd just say a normal regular season game.

Lethargic implies something to the liking of Jaguars/Chargers that some of us watched in pain in MNF.

Maybe it's just the fact that the season went by so quick but it definitely didn't feel like a Super Bowl to me. When the game was over I turned to my friend and was like "Did we really just watch a Super Bowl?"

And about that 12 men on the field penalty:

I actually thought that they'd put the time back on, it's what I kept telling my friends who don't know as much of the rules as I did. I was shocked that they didn't, and was surprised to learn that it isn't within the rules to restore what was lost due to a defensive penalty. I agree that if there is a defensive penalty (especially something like 12 men which is something I consider to be a pre-snap penalty) they should just nullify the play and give yardage to the offense.