Sign in to follow this  
Plax 4 Prez

New England Patriots vs New York Giants Part II

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Lombardi trophy?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

Let the debate begin!!! Gronk has a high ankle sprain, but will play. Will it effect him? We'll soon find out soon enough. :beerchug2:

Edited by BLUE

Giants by 10.

I am shocked!!! :wtf: A Cowboys fan saying the Giants will win? That's awesome!! :beerchug2:

Guest Phailadelphia

Haha, putting my partisanship aside yes, I think New York wins. Doesn't mean I want them to though. ;)

Edited by Phailadelphia

I think this completely depends on whether Gronk plays and plays well.

If he does, Patriots by 4, (31-27 as I said earlier). If not, Giants by 7, (27-20). Yes, Gronk makes that much of a difference in this game. If he doesn't play, it would allow the Giants to double team whoever they think is the biggest threat, (Probably Aaron Hernandez or Wes Welker), and force someone else to step up and take over the game. And I don't the Pats would be able to keep up with Eli and the Giants offense against that shaky Patriots secondary without Gronk.

Also, putting your *what* aside Phail? I think you mean partisanship. :p

Edited by Thanatos19

Guest Phailadelphia

Also, putting your *what* aside Phail? I think you mean partisanship. :p

I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

So... who's getting this sweet DVD?

AkLS3qhCAAE-H-r.jpg

You know I will!! I still have the one from 2007, hehehe

I'll cheer for the Giants because I don't want to hear the media all over Brady and Belichicks nuts about how they're better than Montana/Walsh. But I think it'll be the Patriots by 3 because that's just how they do.

Having a tough time predicting the outcome of this game. I don't think NE's defense stands any chance of slowing the Giants passing game down and I think at the very least the Giants defense can come up with the stops and the big plays needed to win the game, but at the same time I just don't see Belichick and Brady losing another super bowl, much less to the same team.

Basically my head is telling me the Giants win because they match up with NE but my gut tells me the Pats have this.

:Patriots: 27

:Giants: 23

I want the Patriots offense to run the no huddle for basically the entire game, don't let the Giants rotate in fresh defensive linemen, tire out the pass rush, short, efficient passes with high YAC. I have a feeling Gronk will be okay for this game too.

Victor Cruz and Nicks obviously scare me the most. I hope Belichick has something good cooked up to slow those 2 beasts down.

I'm just happy the Pats made it to their 2nd Super Bowl post-Spy Gate, now you can't use that to discredit them anymore. This team's really surprised me, I never thought they would make it here with that defense. They really stepped up the past 2 games.

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 1

Giants declared WR Ramses Barden, OL Jim Cordle, RB Da'Rel Scott, DE Justin Trattou, DT Jimmy Kennedy, OT James Brewer, and LB Mark Herzlich inactive for Super Bowl XLVI against the Patriots.

Neither side has any surprise inactives. Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), Hakeem Nicks (shoulder), and nickel linebacker Jacquian Williams (foot) are all up for the Giants. Barden appeared in eight regular season games in 2011, securing nine passes for 94 yards. He is the Giants' No. 4 receiver in theory, but a lack of special teams value dropped Barden behind Devin Thomas.

Rob Gronkowski is active for Super Bowl XLVI against the Giants.

Alex Silvestro, a defensive end signed off the practice squad late Saturday, is also active.

The Pats' inactives are QB Ryan Mallett, RB Kevin Faulk, RB Shane Vereen, LB Gary Guyton, OG Donald Thomas, G/C Nick McDonald, and DE Ron Brace.

Chad Ochocinco is active for the first time since the Divisional Round.

:Giants: 30

:Patriots: 27

I want to see a great game...

:Patriots: 31

:Giants: 21

Edited by Favre4Ever

I get the feeling this is going to be ugly, one way or another.

Feeling pretty fortunate that the Pats are ahead 10-9. Got to make a lot of halftime adjustments to have a chance to win this thing.

• Downvote 1

16 straight completions for The Great One.

Wow.

Congratulations to Eli Manning and his fantastic year, and congratulations to the New York Giants for being the 2011 NFL Champs.

Hell of a chokejob, Pats. Way to fucking go.

Drowning my sorrows in alcohol, now. :rock:

• Downvote 1