Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Janoris Jenkins says he's stopped smoking weed

North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins insists he has stopped smoking marijuana.

Jenkins was booted from the University of Florida last spring following his third marijuana-related arrest. "I tell everybody now if you’re going to come around me and smoke weed, I can’t hang around you," Jenkins said. "We’re friends, but while you’re smoking marijuana, I can’t hang around you." Jenkins stayed out of trouble during his one season at North Alabama, and has drawn raves at the Senior Bowl. Unless teams aren't convinced he's changed, Jenkins should be a first-round pick.

Source: Florida Times Union

Good for you, Janoris. You're a better man than I am. :p

In all seriousness though, I think any "character issues" about Jenkins are a little overblown. If he ends up slipping into the end of round one, a playoff team is gonna get a steal. :bookit:

He's going to go to Dallas' where he will be "mentored" by Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders into smoking crack instead of weed since it's out of your system so much faster lol.

Jimmy Smith turned out pretty good with "character issues" ;). He will fall in the draft but someone is getting a steal.

When was the last time Marijuana stopped a team from drafting a great player in the first round? Percy Harvin, anyone?