seanbrock

Tom Coughlin needs to be fired

:troll:

lolgiants fans. Tom Coughlin needs to be fired so we can dump Andy Reid's sorry, fat walrus looking ass and get a real coach.

Oh come on, is everyone this attatched to ed's nuts that we can't call out Giants fans? Nobody has anything to say about Giants fans calling for Coughlin's head? Spags isn't there anymore so now what's the excuse. Who carried Coughlin this time? If you say Eli then I'll have to lol becauswe Coughlin drafted and groomed Eli. Tom Coughlin is very easily a top 5 coach in the league, but yeah lets fire his ass lol.

People call for COughlin's head because he always seems to blow great starts. The Giants were 6-2 this year, and if they kept that up, they'd be looking at a 12-4 record this year (which would still be the 4th seed in the NFC, heh). The Giants have been playing must win games since the middle of december after a 1-5 slide. If Coughlin was a top 5 coach, he'd have his guys on a even keel in the middle of the season, as well as the beginning and end.

(Ok, top 5 is subjective, but you do want your guys playing good football all the time)

People call for COughlin's head because he always seems to blow great starts. The Giants were 6-2 this year, and if they kept that up, they'd be looking at a 12-4 record this year (which would still be the 4th seed in the NFC, heh). The Giants have been playing must win games since the middle of december after a 1-5 slide. If Coughlin was a top 5 coach, he'd have his guys on a even keel in the middle of the season, as well as the beginning and end.

(Ok, top 5 is subjective, but you do want your guys playing good football all the time)

Ya.. it always seems like the Giants are either collapsing late in the season or making a sexy run to the Super Bowl late in the season. It would be near impossible for any Giants fan NOT to have a heart condition with the roller coaster that team puts them through... But heck.. Get me to a SB every couple of years and it makes everything okay in the world.

Didn't you hear? When you're the fan of a good team you automatically think Super Bowl caliber head coaches grow on trees.

Didn't you hear? When you're the fan of a good team you automatically think Super Bowl caliber head coaches grow on trees.

lol. idc what you guys say. They were calling for his head like 2 or 3 years after he won the fucking super bowl and the Giants have had some bad slides but the guy is in the Super Bowl for the 2nd time in 4 years. The fact that Coughlin is an elite HC is not debatable. Look at how he turned around the program at Boston College. He lead an expansion team to the fucking AFCCG. He eliminated Tiki Barber's fumbling problem. His list of accomplishments speak for themselves. Calling for his head is dumb and I'm not just saying that in hindsight.

Uh, I'm like the only Giants fan here and I haven't really overly bitched about TC in about a year (and rightfully so at the time. He was given a 1-year extension in a make-or-break season by the owners). I said at the beginning of the season that he was still on the hot seat (and you didn't say jack shit to me when I did after you posted in the same thread), and I wasn't the only person who also thought so.

Also, I think the last time I posted something in a Coughlin thread, I was AGREEING with him.

Nice thread.

If the Giants lose those last two games of the season, there is a good chance Coughlin would've been fired. The line of success in the NFL can be razor thin sometimes.

• Upvote 2

If the Giants lose those last two games of the season, there is a good chance Coughlin would've been fired. The line of success in the NFL can be razor thin sometimes.

Agreed.

Well put. +1.

I made a thread about coaches on the hot seat before the season started. Where were you defending Coughlin and saying he is elite? just like where were you when the Miami Dolphins were sucking ass for majority of the season ?

Ya know, in order for it to be smack talk about something that someone said.... it kinda has to be about something that someone *actually* said. And also that everyone else didn't agree with at the time. Otherwise you're just poking fun at yourself as well as everyone else.

thread-delivers.jpg
  • Upvote 2

Um, I'm not going through the trouble of thread digging and shoutbox archiving tbh. It's never going to happen. As for Terrence, I maintained throughout the season that the defense would recover from a rought start because they were young and inexperienced which they did. Guess who everyone is talking about as a possible WC candidate next year if they get a QB....Oh yeah, that's right, the Miami Dolphins. I was wrong about Orton possibly being that guy. I can admit to that, but I was right about an awful lot about that team and Nnobody can admit that. Oh yeah and another defense that I hyped last year, the Bengals, they look pretty solid don't they? What was I saying about them? They're about a Safety away from being a dominant defense. I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that at this point.

you can laugh all you want while you take what ESPN and NFLN say as the word of fucking God, but I actually have my own opinions. Sorry if that bothers you lol

Edited by seanbrock
  • Downvote 1

Um, I'm not going through the trouble of thread digging and shoutbox archiving tbh. It's never going to happen. As for Terrence, I maintained throughout the season that the defense would recover from a rought start because they were young and inexperienced which they did. Guess who everyone is talking about as a possible WC candidate next year if they get a QB....Oh yeah, that's right, the Miami Dolphins. I was wrong about Orton possibly being that guy. I can admit to that, but I was right about an awful lot about that team and Nnobody can admit that. Oh yeah and another defense that I hyped last year, the Bengals, they look pretty solid don't they? What was I saying about them? They're about a Safety away from being a dominant defense. I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that at this point.

you can laugh all you want while you take what ESPN and NFLN say as the word of fucking God, but I actually have my own opinions. Sorry if that bothers you lol

That they were making the AFCCG LAST year.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure nobody here "takes what ESPN and NFLN say as the word of fucking God." Don't patronize us like you're better than us. Your hype/predictions fucking suck. Deal with it.

• Upvote 2

So in one breath you say, "Guess who everyone is talking about as a WC candidate next year if they get a QB," and in the next you say "I actually have my own opinions."

Who is everyone? I haven't heard anyone outside of the Dolphins fans saying anything like this.

Sarge, I can't plus rep that post enough.

You said the past offseason that the Miami Dolphins defense would be better than it was last season when they actually got worse. They were an average or below average in every defensive category except for rushing defense. Sean you make the most outlandish predictions and when they even become slightly true or correct (not very often at all btw) you make a thread and gloat about it. There is a difference between smart predictions and opinions that are thought out well and are formulated by the individual, then there is making dumb predictions and opinions just to be different.

Yea, there is also a difference between an educated opinion and being dumb. Predicting a scrub linebacker that nobody ever heard of to have 100 tackles in a season, that would be Joe Mays, is dumb. Especially since he ended up have 17 tackles in the season you predicted that... Then, you said the Bengals would make it to the AFC championship game LAST year, and they went 4-12... lmao. THEN you said that Jordy Nelson couldn't play on the outside, and we all saw how that worked out. Finally, you made the worst trade in TGP fantasy football history last year when you traded me Brady, Maclin and John Carlson for Kolb, Sidney Rice and Brent Celek. In short, YOU are in NO position to call anyone else out on their opinions on anything, especially with such a condescending, patronizing attitude. You act like your opinions don't stink when the reality is that we can smell them through the computer screen.

lmaosean

He also said before the season started that the ravens would have one of the worst O Lines in the league.

Lmaoseanfail

Edited by monstersofthemidway