SteVo

2012 TGP Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

I'll confirm the Bengals with some reservations. My internet has been funny for the past week or so hence my little activity. If I don't have it all figured out by the time it's started I'll make a big board and send it to SteVo unless someone else wants to get on this.

Should no longer be necessary as my Internet is up and running again.

Since DMac is failing at trading the #2 pick, I guess it's a good time to remind you all the #3 pick is for sale. I won't beat around the bush; if Griffin is there, it'll cost you to move up, but not a king's ransom like these reports say the Rams will get in real life.

Anybody who wants to move up in the draft PM me

If I take the Colts I'll trade down with you DMac.

• Upvote 1

Confirm me for the Ravens, thanks for the PM.

Not trying to be a dick, but are we really allowing someone whose been a member since early January and has accumulated a whopping 10 posts take part in this draft?

Last year we started on March 5th and finished April 20th, just under seven weeks total. This year, the draft starts on Thursday April 26th. Based on the activity of the members participating this year, I see no reason to adjust that time frame in any significant way. Are there any objections to starting on the same date this year, Monday March 5th? That would give us all a week to process combine results, prepare our draft boards, and work on preliminary trades.

No problem here.

Not trying to be a dick, but are we really allowing someone whose been a member since early January and has accumulated a whopping 10 posts take part in this draft?

if it makes you feel any better, I kinda agree, nothing personal against Ngata, but we need to make sure we have people participating who will be active and 10 posts since joining a month and a half ago doesn't really scream 'active' if somebody's willing to vouch for him fine, but I don't want to see this drag out because a new poster decides he doesn't like the board

if it makes you feel any better, I kinda agree, nothing personal against Ngata, but we need to make sure we have people participating who will be active and 10 posts since joining a month and a half ago doesn't really scream 'active' if somebody's willing to vouch for him fine, but I don't want to see this drag out because a new poster decides he doesn't like the board

I just have a feeling that thats whats going to happen. At the very least someone needs to CO-GM with him. Ill volunteer myself to do so since I only have one team in this. Ill give him 12 hours from when he goes on the clock to make a pick. If he doesnt select I will do so...

Any objections ?

I just have a feeling that thats whats going to happen. At the very least someone needs to CO-GM with him. Ill volunteer myself to do so since I only have one team in this. Ill give him 12 hours from when he goes on the clock to make a pick. If he doesnt select I will do so...

Any objections ?

Since Sarge already asked for the Ravens should they become vacant, I think he would have first right to that position.

Since Sarge already asked for the Ravens should they become vacant, I think he would have first right to that position.

Thats fine if he wants to. Personally I think you should remove Ngata and just give them to Sarge

If any other teams are available, Id like to take a 2nd, Doesnt DMac have 3 or 4? lol

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

I'm not going to remove someone just because they're new. We've had n00bs come in and be as active as others with this game in the past. There is, however, usually a zero-tolerance policy on 1st round picks. In other words, should Ngata miss his, he gives him the team entirely.

EDIT: And yes, you are free to take the Rams or Bills from DMac.

Edited by SteVo

I'm not going to remove someone just because they're new. We've had n00bs come in and be as active as others with this game in the past. There is, however, usually a zero-tolerance policy on 1st round picks. In other words, should Ngata miss his, he gives him the team entirely.

EDIT: And yes, you are free to take the Rams or Bills from DMac.

Understood. And yea as long as DMacs cool with it Ill take Buffalo

The sooner the better imo let git'er dun

Since eightnine and RANGA have yet to confirm, the Colts and 49ers are now vacated. Both Sarge and RazorStar have expressed interest in taking on a second team, and have first dibs if they want either of these teams.

TGP hasn't come back for Sarge yet but via Facebook:

I'll take the 49ers. I can't get on TGP yet to claim them, though.

That just leaves the Colts. Razor, if you take them, we're ready to rock.

Well yeah I'll take em. Lets go.

Alright, we're ready to go. The selection thread is up and Razor can kick us off whenever he wants. A reminder of the rules:

1) Starting when the first overall pick is made, all NFL transactions in real life are null and void. This includes free agent signings and all trades that involve draft picks.

2) You are allowed to trade draft picks from 2012 or 2013. You may not trade players, though you may trade draft rights to a player that has already been drafted.

3) When compensatory picks are announced by the NFL, we will add them to the draft order. In line with NFL rules, compensatory picks cannot be traded.

4) Trades between two separate GMs need only be confirmed by both GMs in the discussion thread. Trades between two teams of the same GM must be submitted to the discussion thread for approval.

5) Each GM will have 24 hours from when their team goes on the clock to make their selection. Missing your pick may result in you forfeiting your team. If you think you may be unable to make your pick on time, send a "board" or wishlist of prospects to someone you trust to make the pick for you.

Also, make sure you are all aware of exactly how many picks your team has so you don't trade picks you don't have or anything else stupid like that. Here's a full, seven-round draft order: http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2012.php

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the 2012 NFL Draft :rock: :rock: :rock:

btw, oochymp i believed was a guy who had under 100 posts at the time he joined the first year we did this and its what solidified his membership :shrug:

Thats fine if he wants to. Personally I think you should remove Ngata and just give them to Sarge

If any other teams are available, Id like to take a 2nd, Doesnt DMac have 3 or 4? lol

You don't have to post to pay attention. Thank you for the concern for the integrity of the draft though.

Welcome to the 2012 NFL Draft :rock: :rock: :rock:

btw, oochymp i believed was a guy who had under 100 posts at the time he joined the first year we did this and its what solidified his membership :shrug:

you're thinking of someone else, I came over from NFLXtreme when the two boards merged so by the time I was posting here I was pretty well known

I couldn't log in to the site till just now :(

Can I still get the 49ers?

You guys are in trouble. I'm looking to lock and load... Doing my Packers 7 round mock already :rock:

I was in favor of you participating, the more different users the better, that was the whole point