SteVo

2012 TGP Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

I'll confirm the Bengals with some reservations. My internet has been funny for the past week or so hence my little activity. If I don't have it all figured out by the time it's started I'll make a big board and send it to SteVo unless someone else wants to get on this.

Confirmed for the Cards. Any other teams available? I feel like taking on a 2nd.

Confirm me for Giants please. When are we starting this? If it took 6 weeks last time we should prob get the ball rolling. If we start tomorrow we would be on pace to finish just before the draft

I have an unavoidable absence coming up from March 6-9... If that's a problem, someone else can have the Chiefs. Otherwise, I'd still like to participate.

If we start by then you should just send in a list of prospects that you want to Stevo or whoever you can trust with it. We'll probably only need a first rounder from you. If you want someone to fill in your absence I'm sure someone can.

Confirmed for the Cards. Any other teams available? I feel like taking on a 2nd.

Not at the moment, though eightnine (Colts), oochymp (Titans), Ngata_Chance (Ravens), and RANGA (49ers) have yet to confirm their participation. All four will be receiving courtesy PMs tomorrow (approximately 48 hours before the deadline). Anyone who fails to confirm by Wednesday afternoon will have their team vacated.

Confirm me for Giants please. When are we starting this? If it took 6 weeks last time we should prob get the ball rolling. If we start tomorrow we would be on pace to finish just before the draft

Last year we started on March 5th and finished April 20th, just under seven weeks total. This year, the draft starts on Thursday April 26th. Based on the activity of the members participating this year, I see no reason to adjust that time frame in any significant way. Are there any objections to starting on the same date this year, Monday March 5th? That would give us all a week to process combine results, prepare our draft boards, and work on preliminary trades.

I have an unavoidable absence coming up from March 6-9... If that's a problem, someone else can have the Chiefs. Otherwise, I'd still like to participate.

You can just send someone you trust a draft board for the Chiefs 1st round pick, just in case you wind up on the clock during that time frame.

I'll fill in a second team if one of those guys doesn't respond. Preferably the Colts.

I'll take the Ravens if they become available.

Bears are looking to trade down pm me.

Considering the fact that the #2 pick, and RGIII is only going up in value with every passing day... I would highly consider starting talks while it's still relatively cheap................

Haha. Dmac is squirming already!

• Upvote 1

Are there any objections to starting on the same date this year, Monday March 5th?

No objections here.

lmao @ Dmac killing the trade value of the pick. We'll give you #12 and a 2028 7th rounder :beerchug2:

it's not me killing the trade value, it's me making it out to be what it is, RGIII's stock went up after the combine*, and it'll probably get even higher with time. Getting a franchise QB ain't cheap, but i'd rather lose a lot of picks and gain one, then be without one.

I wonder how all those teams in the top 10 and there fanbabes would of felt if the TGP mock draft turned out to be how it happened in real life, and the Dolphins (with Bangy mind you) ended up with Newton cause everyone before them who needed a QB were too scarred to take a risk at a guy with an immense ceiling at a key position failing.

kanye-shrug.jpg

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 2

Last year we started on March 5th and finished April 20th, just under seven weeks total. This year, the draft starts on Thursday April 26th. Based on the activity of the members participating this year, I see no reason to adjust that time frame in any significant way. Are there any objections to starting on the same date this year, Monday March 5th? That would give us all a week to process combine results, prepare our draft boards, and work on preliminary trades..

Any way we could have it say Sunday night and have a big "Draft Day" session where everyone who can hops on Sunday night to get through the really exciting first round picks all Sunday evening?

it's not me killing the trade value, it's me making it out to be what it is, RGIII's stock went up after the combine*, and it'll probably get even higher with time. Getting a franchise QB ain't cheap, but i'd rather lose a lot of picks and gain one, then be without one.

I wonder how all those teams in the top 10 and there fanbabes would of felt if the TGP mock draft turned out to be how it happened in real life, and the Dolphins (with Bangy mind you) ended up with Newton cause everyone before them who needed a QB were too scarred to take a risk at a guy with an immense ceiling at a key position failing.

kanye-shrug.jpg

Knowing you don't need him we could just hit up the Vikes for a cheaper deal :shrug:

lol at cheaper deal. Of course it'd be cheaper, it'd cost you one less 3rd round pick.

The whole point behind trading up to #2 instead of 3 is to secure you get your guy. If you really think that only one team will/would be interested in the services of a possible ELITE FRANCHISE QB, then by all means make a trade with Minny.

And hell who's to say Minny wouldn't be interested in RGIII, he's two times the prospect Ponder was, and Ponder sucked last year.

Hmm.

I really want to do Carolina this year, but I'm looking ahead at my schedule. The first couple weeks, the 5th of march to around the 16th are going to be really busy for me.

I can send my board ahead to someone for those rounds if I'm not around, if that's okay, if its not, I completely understand and Sarge can take the Panthers since he was wanting another team.

I'll reiterate what I said before, I'll take the Titans but if someone else wants them go for it, I'm not concerned with having the time, I'm here typically at least once a day, I just know that once I get past the second or third round I'm not going to know any of the players, so it would probably make for a better mock if someone was running the team who knew the players coming in

also, next week is my spring break so my activity will go down, that said if this is going on I will make sure to check each night

Edited by oochymp

Are there any objections to starting on the same date this year, Monday March 5th? That would give us all a week to process combine results, prepare our draft boards, and work on preliminary trades.

I don't have a problem with starting on March 5th, but I do think if we have everybody ready right now that starting as soon as possible would be a good thing IMO.

Every year someone backs out, or ends up taking multiple days to make a selection. If we start sooner, it would just give us more time to react to what I think is likely the inevitable.

Plus I think people should already have a good idea of how they want to attack the first round, which would still give them ample time to come up with their big board in between picks.

Just a suggestion. If nobody else likes it we can just scrap it.

I'll reiterate what I said before, I'll take the Titans but if someone else wants them go for it, I'm not concerned with having the time, I'm here typically at least once a day, I just know that once I get past the second or third round I'm not going to know any of the players, so it would probably make for a better mock if someone was running the team who knew the players coming in

also, next week is my spring break so my activity will go down, that said if this is going on I will make sure to check each night

www.draftcountdown.com. There's not too many dumb picks you can make at that point, just see who catches your eye at a certain position and go for him :shrug:

www.draftcountdown.com. There's not too many dumb picks you can make at that point, just see who catches your eye at a certain position and go for him :shrug:

oh, don't get me wrong, I can put 15-20 minutes into looking through rankings for each pick, so I'll probably be fine, and not to toot my own horn but the last time I participated in this I was picking for the Redskins and took Brian Orakpo which not only actually happened but has turned out great for them, so I should be fine, I guess I was really saying if someone else was really into this and wanted the Titans they could go for it, but I guess at this point that's kinda irrelevant since nobody else has spoken up for them

Still looking to trade down