Sign in to follow this  
Glanvilles Grits

Manning to the Broncos

ESPN Reporting that Peyton Manning has told his agent to complete the contract negotiations with the Denver Broncos. So barring any major snags with the negotiations, Manning is a Bronco. All that's left is to decide on the guaranteed money, the length and the protection plan for the Broncos pending Peyton Manning has neck problems and can't perform for them.

So, what happens to Tebow? Does Elway keep him under Peytons watchful eyes? Or do they trade him and try to get some sort of value? Probably no higher than a 4th round pick if they are searching for that.

I think you absolutely should trade Tebow. This move shows the Broncos organization just doesn't want him as their starter and Brady Quinn should be a capable backup quarterback. Someone will take Tebow to be their starter (Dolphins?).

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

SO, SO, SO, SOOOOOO relieved that he's not coming to Tennessee.

I think you absolutely should trade Tebow. This move shows the Broncos organization just doesn't want him as their starter and Brady Quinn should be a capable backup quarterback. Someone will take Tebow to be their starter (Dolphins?).

I think that would be risky for the Phins. But then again it would put fans in the seats and hell, he might do well in Miami. Then again, he would go back to having no receivers now that Marshall has left Miami.

Don't lie Alexis, we all know you wanted Peyton to be a Tit. :yep:

Brady Quinn is in Kansas City, isn't he?

Brady Quinn is in Kansas City, isn't he?

Was just gonna say this. I could have sworn they signed him a few days ago.

Tebow to the AFL!

:yeahthat:

lol @ :49ers:

Don't really like the Broncos as a destination for #18, what are his weapons as far as RBs, WRs, and TEs again?

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 1

If Tebow goes I think our backup is former practice squad QB Adam Weber, but I could be wrong on this. We saw how bad the Colts were when they didn't have a backup in place. Getting rid of a guy who has clutch ability would be ridiculous, but it's unlikely he's gonna get anything out of Peyton being here, he's just not a good mentor to young QB's and does not give them a chance to develop. Perhaps he'll be less stingy with practice reps in Denver, but who can say. But either way, we just wasted 90 million or so on this jerk, and our franchise is doomed to more years of mediocrity while Tebow either rots here or goes to I dunno, Miami.

This move makes me sick.

Anybody resembling a viable back up in Denver for Manning is gone or shortly will be more then likely.I am not picking on Tebow regardless of his stats he got the job done but Tebow running an offense thats built around Manning isn't real likely. Maybe there looking to the draft for another QB as the pickings look a little slim in free agency.Broncos fans won't know what they have in Peyton until the season starts,for there sake I hope he preforms up to expectations.Good luck to the Broncos fans I hope ya get what ya need.

Tebow to Cleveland!

Neg neg neg neg neg neg neg neg neg neg neg.

Is it just me, or does this feel like Tebow got a proverbial slap to the face?

Honestly.. I think Elway and Fox were looking for the easiest way to get Tebow out of town. If they just bench him or bring in a Chad Henne type QB to possibly beat Tebow in camp, the Denver fan base would have just gone berserk.

You've got Peyton Manning... There shouldn't be that many Bronco fans all that worried about Tebow right now.

i'm glad the AFC West will get some attention for something other than being a a Suck Ass division.

this will force teams to Upgrade get better hopefully.

now, if the Chiefs just had a QB. :grinno:

Am I the only one who thinks that people are 100% retarded thinking that Manning turns the Broncos into Super Bowl contenders?

Yes they WERE in the playoffs last year and won a game but let's be real. They got in cuz the AFC West sucks. The won because Pittsburgh played a pretty poor game. Made a ton of mistakes and put Denver in position to win.

Manning is coming off 4 (?) neck surgeries.

Hasn't played since 2010.

There were questions about his throwing ability a few weeks ago (have these questions been answered by solid workouts?)

His targets are Eric Decker and Demariyus Thomas (2 average at best receivers).

Denver's offensive line isn't the greatest.

Decent running game there, but it's Peyton Manning and he won't allow a running game when he's on the field.

Denver barely scraped into the playoffs as it was last year. Sure Manning accounted for 8 wins by himself back when he was 100% healthy. But who knows if he'll make it through the season as his age?

I'm just baffled that people instantly think that this risky, risky ass move turns a team into a super bowl contender when you don't even know what you're getting from it.

Am I the only one who thinks that people are 100% retarded thinking that Manning turns the Broncos into Super Bowl contenders?

Yes they WERE in the playoffs last year and won a game but let's be real. They got in cuz the AFC West sucks. The won because Pittsburgh played a pretty poor game. Made a ton of mistakes and put Denver in position to win.

There were questions about his throwing ability a few weeks ago (have these questions been answered by solid workouts?)

Decent running game there, but it's Peyton Manning and he won't allow a running game when he's on the field.

Denver barely scraped into the playoffs as it was last year. Sure Manning accounted for 8 wins by himself back when he was 100% healthy. But who knows if he'll make it through the season as his age?

I'm just baffled that people instantly think that this risky, risky ass move turns a team into a super bowl contender when you don't even know what you're getting from it.

I was going to say this very same thing, but you beat me to it. :)

I have to agree with this post. I think the Broncos will end up with less wins next year IMO.

Edited by BigBen07

the way i see it the Broncos went to the Playoffs with Tebow last season and now you bring in Manning the expectations are gonna go up. (not saying they win the super bowl in 2012 but anything's possible)

yeah Manning has had the neck problems but still he's been cleared and passed physicals.

and for the WR's the Broncos will sign Mike Wallace and TE Dallas Clark for weapons.

I too will go out on a limb and say the Broncos will be a SB contender with Manning under center. I believe he will come back strong and lead this team for a good 2-3 years.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Peyton Manning turned down an offer of $25 million per year from Titans owner Bud Adams before joining the Broncos at $19 million per season.

Adams was desperate enough to lure Manning back to Tennessee that he attempted to make him a Titan "for life" in addition to offering $6 million per year more than the Broncos shelled out. The Saints are reportedly offering unsigned franchise player Drew Brees $250,000 more per year than Manning's NFL-high $19 million.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Man what a selfless dude Peyton is, instead of being grossly overpaid, he's just content with barely being the most expensive player in the NFL. My thoughts on him have changed completely.