1. 1. Who is the better player?

2. 2. Who is the better player?

• Mario Williams
    • Chris Myers
  3. 3. Who is the better player?

• Andre Johnson
    • Jamaal Charles
  4. 4. Who is the better player?

This is it. The tournament starts here. The round robin is finally over, and 69 players have a shot to take the title of best player in the NFL. Can Troy Polamalu return as champion, or will we have new finalists entirely? The strongest, fastest and most intelligent players are left, and only the best will continue on in this single elimination tournament. No more second chances for these guys, the battle starts now.

Remember, you're voting for the best player right now. I only ask you not to factor in upside and potential in your votes. Vote for what these players are showing now, and what they have shown in their careers thus far. Topics will close at 8 PM eastern the day after I make the topic unless that amount of time is less than 24 hours. Otherwise, the polls will just last for 24 hours.

Our Matches:

8. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers

rodgers.jpg

2011 Stats: 343/502, 68.3 Comp%, 4643 yards, 9.2 YPA, 45 TD's, 6 INT's

57. Ray Lewis, MLB, Baltimore Ravens

ray-lewis-ravens.jpg

2011 Stats: 77 tackles, 30 assists, 2 sacks, 2 FF's, 1 INT, 7 PD's

---

25. Mario Williams, OLB/DE, Houston Texans / Buffalo Bills

MarioWilliams.jpg

2011 Stats: 10 tackles, 1 assist, 5 sacks, 1 FF, 1 PD

40. Chris Myers, C, Houston Texans

10chris-myers_.jpg

2011 Stats: 1182 snaps, 1 sack, 2 hits, 10 pressures allowed, 4.2 YPC behind him

---

9. Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans

andre_johnson222.jpg

2011 Stats: 33 catches, 492 yards, 2 TD's

56. Jamaal Charles, HB, Kansas City Chiefs

106395536_display_image.jpg?1289439896

2011 Stats: 12 carries, 83 yards | 5 catches, 9 yards, 1 TD

---

24. Brent Grimes, CB, Atlanta Falcons

grimes.jpg

2011 Stats: 35 tackles, 12 assists, 1 FF, 1 INT, 14 PD's

41. Troy Polamalu, S, Pittsburgh Steelers

Polamalu%20hair.jpg

2011 Stats: 66 tackles, 29 assists, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, 1 TD, 2 INT's, 14 PD's

Aaron Rodgers vs. Ray Lewis

I felt like this one was an easy decision. Ray Lewis is slowing down, his defense didn't miss a step the few games he was absent, and Aaron Rodgers just had one of the best seasons from a QB that we'll ever see. That kind of efficiency is hard to match in this league.

Mario Williams vs. Chris Myers

Chris Myers is one of the more underrated centers in this game. His ability to open up holes is impressive to say the least, and he's helped moved the Texans into an offensive juggernaut. Mario Williams is a good pass rusher, but I feel he gets more hype for what he's supposed to be than what he actually is. There are many better rushers than him, and he isn't quite a force in the run game. He's a greta player no doubt, but when I think about best 4-3 DE's or 3-4 OLB's, Mario Williams isn't near the top of the discussion.

Andre Johnson vs. Jamaal Charles

I think JC is one of the sickest backs in today's game, but he just hasn't been doing it as long or as consistently as Andre Johnson has been for the Texans. When you're talking about the top WR's in football, Andre Johnson is there without a doubt. Jamaal Charles is "well this guy only did for a year". It's a closer match than their seedings would imply, but I think Andre has a decisive edge.

Brent Grimes vs. Troy Polamalu

Polamalu may not have been as visible as he was in years past, but he still played just as well as he did the year before. TGP happened to think he was the best player in the league last year. So it doesn't matter that Brent Grimes had a really great year for a corner, Troy is still playing like a hall of famer.