Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2012 Regular Season thread

Chris Perez and Jose Valverde can eat dicks.

• Downvote 1

Started the season with a loss..That Pena's grand slam was a blow in the face..

And yeah,Mariano Rivera's fantasy owners must be very very pissed..

Well despite the loss today, I'm pleased at the Jays' resiliency so far. I'm also surprised at the great start from the bullpen as well! (2 ER in 18 IP)

I know it's still far too early, but if the Jays can keep being consistent, they can get 90 wins. My biggest concerns right now are inconsistent baserunning, and current starting pitcher issues, such as lack of control and such. Hopefully we can work out the kinks before long.

Hell yes... 3 - 1 with Kyle Lohse, Lance Lynn, and Jaime Garcia. Lovin the start to the Red Birds season :rock:

Hell yes... 3 - 1 with Kyle Lohse, Lance Lynn, and Jaime Garcia. Lovin the start to the Red Birds season :rock:

What do you like so far about your boys?

Very excited... Our offense is minus the greatest player in the league and we are still knocking the ball around the park with ease.

Beltran, Freese, Furcal, Yadi... All playing some great baseball offensively. Our starting pitching has been absolutely stellar for the most part. I was saddened by Wainwrights return, but I am not worried.

Our relief pitching has been pretty iffy though. So if our offense goes into a valley (which I am sure it will at some point) we are really going to need those relievers to step it up.

Took 2 out of 3 against the Angels to open the season!

Better watch out...

Pro'ly will cry...

Also will pout, I'm telling you why...

KANSAS CITY'S COMING TO TOWN!!!

Bay, I hope you drafted a couple more Royals this season. Hosmer, for one, will be a monster. AL Central, you've been put on notice...

This year I've got Gordon and Escobar. :yep:

I'll give an evaluation in June.

This year I've got Gordon and Escobar. :yep:

Nice. The team actually re-signed both of these guys to multiple-year contracts. I'm so pumped for this season and the next few seasons to come.

Cool.

Marlins should get to 2-3. :party:

Edited by BayAreaBomber

David Freese is on fire right now. Making me look good for drafting him.

Cardinals offense is on fire right now :rock::D

Jake Westbrook goes 7 solid innings...

We've gone through our starting rotation once so far.

Lohse - 1 ER

Garcia - 2 ER

Wainwright - 3 ER

Lynn - 1 ER

Westbrook - 0 ER

We also have like 9 home runs on the year so far through 5. Epicness.

Edited by Favre4Ever

As you know I switched (Shock) to the Blue Jays, it's early I know but I am liking the start from the pitching staff they are pitching well and keeping the Jays in games though Sergio Santos needs to stop fucking up leads and blowing games all ready as could well be 4-0 instead of 2-2.

Batting needs to pick up slightly but again it's early, loving the start Edwin Encarnacion and Kelly Johnson have had in the first 4 just need Lind and Escobar to wake up and Jose will have some very nice support around him.

^ WHITE ROOM

Well, the Royals can't seem to win a series opener, but they're undefeated from game 2 on. :D

Look, I know it's so early that you can't really believe ANYthing you see right now, but as I said last season, the Royals have brought me nothing but sadness for pretty much my entire baseball watching life... Until last season, when they started and finished strong. Coach Yost really believes in these guys, and I don't think it's just lip service with him. I'm even starting to come around myself, and not just in the trolling "K.C. Gon' WIN" way I usually do it.

Romero just totally shut down the Red Sox today.

8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER and 5 K's against a team that gives him trouble. :rock:

Plus, Santos DIDN'T BLOW THE LEAD.

Our hitting continues to be sluggish, but hopefully it'll pick up. It's better to start slow and finish great than the opposite.

Well, the Royals can't seem to win a series opener, but they're undefeated from game 2 on. :D

Look, I know it's so early that you can't really believe ANYthing you see right now, but as I said last season, the Royals have brought me nothing but sadness for pretty much my entire baseball watching life... Until last season, when they started and finished strong. Coach Yost really believes in these guys, and I don't think it's just lip service with him. I'm even starting to come around myself, and not just in the trolling "K.C. Gon' WIN" way I usually do it.

If anybody in the division deserves to win it, it's you guys. Wish you the best of luck against everybody but the twins :D

I'd like to say Josh Johnson has not looked impressive in either of his first two starts...just sayin'

First blown game in the 9th inning this year. Let's hope there aren't many of those...

Rays off to a 4-1 start after knocking off Verlander today in the 9th. I'm excited about the nice start, but we did start 1-8 last year and still won the AL Wild Card.

No reason to not be optimistic though, we have a top 5 rotation in baseball and an improved lineup with more power in it with Pena back. Also, Fernando Rodney is 3/3 on saves and recorded a win on opening day. I keep saying it, he is the next Rays bullpen guy to have a turnaround season. Joaquin Benoit, Kyle Farnsworth and now Rodney. :yep:

Romero just totally shut down the Red Sox today.

8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER and 5 K's against a team that gives him trouble. :rock:

Plus, Santos DIDN'T BLOW THE LEAD.

Our hitting continues to be sluggish, but hopefully it'll pick up. It's better to start slow and finish great than the opposite.

Ricky had a big game last night did well to shut that line up out and thank fuck Santos sorted his life out last night. Hitting is still sluggish but glad to see Rajai Davis come out of the gate on fire.

Rays off to a 4-1 start after knocking off Verlander today in the 9th. I'm excited about the nice start, but we did start 1-8 last year and still won the AL Wild Card.

No reason to not be optimistic though, we have a top 3 rotation in baseball and an improved lineup with more power in it with Pena back. Also, Fernando Rodney is 3/3 on saves and recorded a win on opening day. I keep saying it, he is the next Rays bullpen guy to have a turnaround season. Joaquin Benoit, Kyle Farnsworth and now Rodney. :yep:

Fixed. :yep:

My twins are in the win bracket whoohooo. Not really excited about this season though, our starting pitching is trash.