Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2012 Regular Season thread

We still haven't swept anybody, thank to Adam Wainwright and his awful start to the season.

Start a series with the buccos tonight which I will probably miss because of work. :(

Lance Lynn on the mound for us. Hopefully he can continue his strong start to the season.

Lance+Lynn+Chicago+Cubs+v+St+Louis+Cardinals+1hwxKvvRzCtl.jpg

Burnett is back from the DL and will make his Pirates debut tonight. Hope it goes well.

In case you didn't see this, Sarge.

So far, Burnett's numbers have been less than impressive. He posted a 12.79 ERA in two losses with Class A Bradenton before allowing five runs on seven hits in four innings for Triple-A Indianapolis on Monday. Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said they would like to see Burnett get as close to 100 pitches as possible on Saturday.

Good luck to A.J. , I'd like too see him succeed.

We had to get him back here ASAP though. If he sucks tonight, oh well. We gotta get him into a groove.

Josh Willingham has a hit in every baseball game so far this season, 14 games. Morneau should be back to play today.

Josh Willingham has a hit in every baseball game so far this season, 14 games. Morneau should be back to play today.

I remember being heartbroken when I found out the Hammer was traded to a team that wasn't the Braves. Now everyone knows why.

Philip Humber just threw a perfect game.

21st perfect game in MLB history.

21st perfect game in MLB history.

I noticed someone said that this was the 20th perfect game in the MLB regular season.

Who threw the lone perfect game in the postseason?

I noticed someone said that this was the 20th perfect game in the MLB regular season.

Who threw the lone perfect game in the postseason?

Don Larsen. :yep:

Cubs looked pretty good today, which is surprising since Maholm was was pitching for us.

lmaoRedSoxfail. They were up 9-0 after 5 innings and the Yankees are now up 14-9 in the 8th and are still going. They are lucky it isn't 16-9 with 2nd and 3rd and no outs, but Ibanez hit a rocket with the bases loaded to Gonzalez and it resulted in a double play because Granderson was taking his secondary lead off 1st and had no time to get back.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Burnett!

Awesome start for Burnett. Average like 10 pitches an inning... We can't allow that and definitely not the prettiest game we've played so far.

Now it's up to Lohse to avoid losing this series!

I love how the A's can take 3/4 from the Angels on the road but lose a series at home to a utter dog shit team like the Indians. :laugh:

It's shitty how McCarthy has 3 quality starts under his belt this year.. Only had one bad outing... but is 0 - 3. Fuck the As

What a sick comeback against the Red Sox..Trailing 9-0 and then getting 15 runs in 3 innings..Great game..

Damn, another perfect game. We are truly living through an era of dominant pitching in Major League Baseball.

I love how the A's can take 3/4 from the Angels on the road but lose a series at home to a utter dog shit team like the Indians. :laugh:

The Angels haven't been playing great baseball so far this season, might take a little more time. Even my twins took 2/3 in the series against the Angels. I would even go as far as to say the Indians have been playing great baseball. Little early though, but I predict both teams to go in opposite directions that they are heading right now. Meaning the Angels will get on a roll here soon, and the Indians will come down to earth.

So after that pitiful 0-4 start the Braves have won 10 of 11. Domination is imminent.

Because your team is unbelievable shit. And we own the West Coast. :yep:

Was hoping Ichiro or Ryan would lay down a bunt just shows how pathetic our offense is to give up a perfect game to Humber the hitters definitely aided in this one just like they have hacked all season.

We are probably going to be the worst offense in baseball yet again.

The Twins need to cut Francisco Liriano. He can't throw strikes and if one base runner reaches you might as well mark off two runs for the other team. He's a head case and has no business in the MLB.

I like how Nick Swisher is playing so far this season..He's a steal in this year's fantasy baseball..

The Twins need to cut Francisco Liriano. He can't throw strikes and if one base runner reaches you might as well mark off two runs for the other team. He's a head case and has no business in the MLB.

It's a shame because he's still a young guy and now he will probably never be the same again.