Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Jags bring in Lee Evans

Jaguars agreed to terms with WR Lee Evans one a one-year contract.

The deal will be finalized on Monday, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. At least for a team so barren of receiver talent, we like the signing. Evans' 2011 season is hard to hold against him because he was injured the entire time, and the well-run Ravens liked what they saw on his 2010 game tape enough to surrender a fourth-round pick last August. Unless Evans' skill level evaporated all at once during his injury-plagued year in Baltimore, he should at least have a chance to contribute behind Laurent Robinson and Mike Thomas. You won't want any of them in fantasy football, of course.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Can't argue with bringing in more WRs.

I think this will be a good signing for the Jags. He just never really got going with the Ravens, hopefully this move to Jacksonville will help him out.

Just what Blaine Gabbert needs. More WRs who can't catch. Luckily the Jaguars won't be finding themselves in the AFCCG anytime soon.

I can live with this deal but with all the wide outs on this squad at the moment, who are they intending to release??

I can live with this deal but with all the wide outs on this squad at the moment, who are they intending to release??

WRs on the roster:

Laurent Robinson

Mike Thomas

Cecil Shorts

Chastin West

Brian Robiskie

Taylor Price

Jarrett Dillard

Lee Evans

I would think that Robiskie and Price are gone. And depending on who else we bring in via the draft and how things sort out in camp, any combination of Shorts/Dillard/Evans could be gone too.

Cut Chastin West. I want to bring him back.

WRs on the roster:

Laurent Robinson

Mike Thomas

Cecil Shorts

Chastin West

Brian Robiskie

Taylor Price

Jarrett Dillard

Lee Evans

I would think that Robiskie and Price are gone. And depending on who else we bring in via the draft and how things sort out in camp, any combination of Shorts/Dillard/Evans could be gone too.

Do u really see Shorts getting the early boot?

Do u really see Shorts getting the early boot?

If he's still as bad as he was last year, and everyone is performing in camp, then yeah, absolutely.

If he's still as bad as he was last year, and everyone is performing in camp, then yeah, absolutely.

:think:

You guys still have Brian Robiskie? This is a guy that got cut from the Browns...Think about that.

I hope Robinson works out for you guys. Seriously.

Just what Blaine Gabbert needs. More WRs who can't catch. Luckily the Jaguars won't be finding themselves in the AFCCG anytime soon.

One bad drop doesn't completely reverse a productive career. I wish the Bills would've brought him back.

One bad drop doesn't completely reverse a productive career. I wish the Bills would've brought him back.

Oh absolutely. I am generally a huge fan of Lee Evans. But he was practically non-existent all year. I am not sure why that is or how he plans to avoid that with the Jaguars, but I do wish him the best of luck. I'm rooting for his success.

West, Robinson and Thomas are the only guys I think have a spot for sure in Jacksonville. Thomas is getting paid like it, Robinson just got brought in, and West was their best WR last year.

• Upvote 1

I can see Dillard, Evans and Price getting released after training camp

Obviously this is just minicamp, but it's nice to read nonetheless.

According to Jaguars.com's John Oehser, Lee Evans looked in this week's minicamp like a player who can be "consistent, reliable, and productive" for the Jags this season.

Oehser notes that Evans made impressive catches and moves on intermediate routes that were rarely seen from Jaguars receivers last season. While we believe Evans represents an upgrade in Jacksonville, we're not prepared to draft him in standard-sized fantasy leagues with questionable quarterbacking and playing time.

Source: Jaguars.com

What the article didn't tell you...

It was Chad Henne throwing to him.

What the article didn't tell you...

It was Chad Henne throwing to him.

Doesn't that make it more impressive? :p

• Upvote 1

Doesn't that make it more impressive? :p

Considering the other options in Jacksonville, I'm not so sure.... haha. lol

Nah, this is all due to Blaine cutting his hair. That's where all the suck accumulated. Now that it's gone, he should be alright.

• Upvote 1

Honestly I rooted for Evans the whole time while he was in Baltimore and will continue to do so. I have a theory on this though.

When the bills had him the passing game was less than stellar. With the emergence of Stevie Johnson and the fact that while on the Bills he never got the time he needed to recover form injury it looked bleak. So that made him seem like he was done and truly lost more than what he really had.

When he came to the Ravens he was able to rode the pine all off season and then the entire season as well minus 3 or 4 games. So that said his lingering injury should be better than ever. I was upset that we did not keep him because a over a year of recovery should have that man raring to go and I think he becomes the best receiver on the jags and the Ravens regret this. Not in the sense he makes a game breaking play against us but we see his production with Gabbert and we are left wondering what he could have done with us.

Jags WR core on paper is alot better then its been since Jimmy Smith played for em. Evans is a good deep threat, Mike Thomas is decent, Robinson is their third down target, not bad.