Thanatos

Prepare yourselves, Tampa

After 3 wins against both of your dogshit teams combined this year, I'm looking for complete and utter molestation of our NFC South opponents. 6 wins for the Falcons against all you mofo's. :yep:

Not to mention Tony Gonzalez getting his first playoff victory this year. :yep:

Lol!!

Obvious troll is obvious.

After 3 wins against both of your dogshit teams combined this year, I'm looking for complete and utter molestation of our NFC South opponents. 6 wins for the Falcons against all you mofo's. :yep:

Not to mention Tony Gonzalez getting his first playoff victory this year. :yep:

T-G won't get a playoff victory unless he signs with another team, sorry bro.

Matty Ice can't win a playoff game, we all know that. His famous quote should be amended to: "Tim Tebow will have a better pro career than me."

lol That is trolling then.

Naw. We just needed some smack talk in the smack talk board. Smack talk between division rivals =| trolling.

Speaking of which, I think the Panthers put up 40 points in game one. :yep:

Edited by Thanatos19

Well, I'm gonna have to join the Thanatos cause for a minute here. Everyone around here wants to find reasons to pick Cam's game apart, validating the hate that they mindlessly spew out of a missguided disgust for any player that ESPN deems a star.

I've heard over and over again how Cam isn't a real passing QB who's accuracy is in question, yet he threw for over 4,000 yards-most passing yards for a rookie in NFL history, which means EVER-and 21 TD passes while completing 60% of his passes. I'm aware of the picks and bad games, but he was a rookie. All rookies make rookie mistakes. That's why they're called rookie mistakes. The kid is a flat out stud.

As pertains to the Freeman vs. $Cam no holds bar grudge match/impending sophomore slump, I can't understand why Bucs fans are so hellbent on Cam being terrible in year two. Josh Freeman's only good season was his sophomore season, and even then, his game and stats wished they could look like Cam's.

Even in Josh Freeman's best Nyquil-induced dreams he loses to Cam Newton.

Since the madden thing was brought up, even if you dont believe in "curses" per say. Why would any player agree to be on the cover. Fuck that noise. lol

Josh Freeman's only good season was his sophomore season, and even then, his game and stats wished they could look like Cam's.

:huh:

Freeman's TD to INT ratio was 4:1, top 10 in NFL history. He protected the ball a lot better than Cam did. Plus, Freeman had a bunch of 4th quarter comebacks and turned around a 4-12 team to a 10-6 team, barely missing out on the playoffs. He may not have thrown for as many yards or had as many total TD's, but Freeman's sophomore season was better than Newton's rookie season.

For the whole Freeman/$cam argument. You have to look at what Josh Freeman is working with now...he's working with scrub WR's...none of them should even be number two's in the league, the only viable option he has is Kellen Winslow. Now, $cam has many different things going for him...Steve Smith who is a top receiver in the league, a pretty solid running game, and many different capable backs to dish the ball off too. You look at things, and you see that $cam has considerably more turnovers than Freeman, while Freeman is really making the best out of his dogshit offense. For someone to say that $cam is better than Freeman. You're out of your damn mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For the whole Freeman/$cam argument. You have to look at what Josh Freeman is working with now...he's working with scrub WR's...none of them should even be number two's in the league, the only viable option he has is Kellen Winslow. Now, $cam has many different things going for him...Steve Smith who is a top receiver in the league, a pretty solid running game, and many different capable backs to dish the ball off too. You look at things, and you see that $cam has considerably more turnovers than Freeman, while Freeman is really making the best out of his dogshit offense. For someone to say that $cam is better than Freeman. You're out of your damn mind.

Now? Freeman threw 22 picks last year.

That was more TOs than Cam had with picks and fumbles. 20 TDs/24 TOs vs 35 TDs/20 TOs with a ton more passing yards and obviously rushing yards for Cam. He played far better than Freeman did last year.

Freeman's sophomore campaign was fucking incredible. But as to who is the better QB right now? Cam, without a doubt.

That big rushing game we had? Yeah, that had nothing to do with Cam's 750 rushing yards and 14 rushing TDs and the fact that he was constantly a threat to take off. :shifty:

Not to mention, that was Freeman's 3rd year vs Cam's first. I guess practically everyone in the world is out of their damn mind because I bet you 95% of people who follow football would say Cam is better than Freeman.

However, what both Bucs fans and Panthers fan can agree on, I'm sure, is that both Josh Freeman and Cam Newton are better than Matt Ryan. :troll:

I don't like talking about Freeman too much on here because it is the centerpiece of trollbait by many members, but I'll throw my legit opinion on Josh out there.

His 2010 season was certainly awesome. He threw 25 TDs and 6 INTs and had one of the higher single season passing yard totals in franchise history. Not to mention all the fourth quarter comebacks. But what Josh did so well was let the game come to him. He wasn't forcing throws, and he was patient enough to strike at the right moments. Not to mention Mike Williams bursted onto the scene as a rookie, he turned out to be a major mismatch on many corners and grabbed 11 TDs, a franchise record and it tied Randy Moss for most TD catches by a rookie in NFL history. He had Mike playing well, Winslow to throw to as a safety valve and got great production from LeGarrette Blount when he took over, plus Cadillac Williams was playing great in the 3rd down back role.

Then in 2011, teams began to find out that Mike Williams wasn't very good at seperating down the field as he was making catches in traffic and getting YAC. Mike struggled to beat coverage and Arrelious Benn has just been unable to become a consistent threat from day one, which is disappointing. Because of that, Freeman was forcing throws all over the place, mostly to Winslow. Most of his 22 interceptions from last year was trying to force throws to K2 because he was the one guy he really trusted. With MW and Benn struggling to get open, he just didn't have many options. It didn't help that Blount wasn't as good and towards the end of the year was seeing less and less playing time in favor of the awful Kregg Lumpkin. With the defense playing awful with Gerald McCoy out almost all year, it was just a complete disaster and there wasn't much Freeman can do about it.

Now in 2012, we hope adding Vincent Jackson makes things easier for everyone. Mike Williams won't face the same coverages and will mostly match up on team's second best corners and V-Jax has been a major deep threat, which has been something this team has severly lacked since letting Joey Galloway go. But, Freeman needs to cool down and just let the game come to him. I don't think he'll ever be an elite QB with major stats like a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. He reminds me of a lot of Ben Roethlisberger, a big athletic QB with a big arm. They both are tough to bring down and both have a knack of playing their best ball at the end of games. Ben doesn't put up monster numbers, but people respect him as one of the better QBs in the game. I think Freeman can have a similar career if he doesn't sit there and try to be Tom Brady all game.

Also, interesting comparison of Ben/Freeman, their 3rd season numbers are very similar.

Roethlisberger's 3rd season (2006): 59.7% completions. 3,513 yards, 18 TDs, 23 INTs. 75.4 QB Rating.

Freeman's 3rd season (2011): 62.8% completions. 3,592 yards. 16 TDs, 22 INTs. 74.6 QB Rating.

Ben bounced back with a 2007 season of 32 TDs and 11 INTs and a career best 104.1 QB Rating. Let's see if Freeman can bounce back in a similar fashion. I sure hope so.

• Upvote 1

:huh:

Freeman's TD to INT ratio was 4:1, top 10 in NFL history. He protected the ball a lot better than Cam did. Plus, Freeman had a bunch of 4th quarter comebacks and turned around a 4-12 team to a 10-6 team, barely missing out on the playoffs. He may not have thrown for as many yards or had as many total TD's, but Freeman's sophomore season was better than Newton's rookie season.

Wait, this sounds like a 2010 season eerily similar to that of another QB who protected the ball a lot better than Cam. What was his name though? He threw for 3,100 yards... had a QB rating of 93... Also turned around a 4-12 team and led them to 10-6, making the playoffs... He threw 27 TDs to only 7 picks, right around 4:1... Went to a Pro Bowl that year... But what was his name?

Oh yeah: Matt Cassel, and not in my wildest imagination would I consider Cassel to be better than Cam Newton based on that season. He then fell flat in 2011, similar to Freeman.

Cam took an offense that literally could not have bought points if there was a closeout sale on touchdowns and turned it into 25 point per game-good for 5th in the league-offense that had the Panthers tied or leading going into nearly every fourth quarter of every game they played in. If that defense could have showed up at all, who knows what the story would have been.

In regards to his turnovers, I reiterate the fact that he was a rookie, and that rookie mistakes are called that for a reason. The fact that Cam had the most individually impressive rookie season of any QB in NFL history speaks volumes to me.

• Upvote 1

I don't like talking about Freeman too much on here because it is the centerpiece of trollbait by many members, but I'll throw my legit opinion on Josh out there.

His 2010 season was certainly awesome. He threw 25 TDs and 6 INTs and had one of the higher single season passing yard totals in franchise history. Not to mention all the fourth quarter comebacks. But what Josh did so well was let the game come to him. He wasn't forcing throws, and he was patient enough to strike at the right moments. Not to mention Mike Williams bursted onto the scene as a rookie, he turned out to be a major mismatch on many corners and grabbed 11 TDs, a franchise record and it tied Randy Moss for most TD catches by a rookie in NFL history. He had Mike playing well, Winslow to throw to as a safety valve and got great production from LeGarrette Blount when he took over, plus Cadillac Williams was playing great in the 3rd down back role.

Then in 2011, teams began to find out that Mike Williams wasn't very good at seperating down the field as he was making catches in traffic and getting YAC. Mike struggled to beat coverage and Arrelious Benn has just been unable to become a consistent threat from day one, which is disappointing. Because of that, Freeman was forcing throws all over the place, mostly to Winslow. Most of his 22 interceptions from last year was trying to force throws to K2 because he was the one guy he really trusted. With MW and Benn struggling to get open, he just didn't have many options. It didn't help that Blount wasn't as good and towards the end of the year was seeing less and less playing time in favor of the awful Kregg Lumpkin. With the defense playing awful with Gerald McCoy out almost all year, it was just a complete disaster and there wasn't much Freeman can do about it.

Now in 2012, we hope adding Vincent Jackson makes things easier for everyone. Mike Williams won't face the same coverages and will mostly match up on team's second best corners and V-Jax has been a major deep threat, which has been something this team has severly lacked since letting Joey Galloway go. But, Freeman needs to cool down and just let the game come to him. I don't think he'll ever be an elite QB with major stats like a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. He reminds me of a lot of Ben Roethlisberger, a big athletic QB with a big arm. They both are tough to bring down and both have a knack of playing their best ball at the end of games. Ben doesn't put up monster numbers, but people respect him as one of the better QBs in the game. I think Freeman can have a similar career if he doesn't sit there and try to be Tom Brady all game.

Also, interesting comparison of Ben/Freeman, their 3rd season numbers are very similar.

Roethlisberger's 3rd season (2006): 59.7% completions. 3,513 yards, 18 TDs, 23 INTs. 75.4 QB Rating.

Freeman's 3rd season (2011): 62.8% completions. 3,592 yards. 16 TDs, 22 INTs. 74.6 QB Rating.

Ben bounced back with a 2007 season of 32 TDs and 11 INTs and a career best 104.1 QB Rating. Let's see if Freeman can bounce back in a similar fashion. I sure hope so.

The only problem with trying to compare Freeman's 3rd season with Ben's is that 06 was the nightmare season when Ben was in the motorcycle wreck and had the appendectomy. With that said, the resemblance between their styles of play is striking.

Wait, this sounds like a 2010 season eerily similar to that of another QB who protected the ball a lot better than Cam. What was his name though? He threw for 3,100 yards... had a QB rating of 93... Also turned around a 4-12 team and led them to 10-6, making the playoffs... He threw 27 TDs to only 7 picks, right around 4:1... Went to a Pro Bowl that year... But what was his name?

Oh yeah: Matt Cassel, and not in my wildest imagination would I consider Cassel to be better than Cam Newton based on that season. He then fell flat in 2011, similar to Freeman.

Cam took an offense that literally could not have bought points if there was a closeout sale on touchdowns and turned it into 25 point per game-good for 5th in the league-offense that had the Panthers tied or leading going into nearly every fourth quarter of every game they played in. If that defense could have showed up at all, who knows what the story would have been.

In regards to his turnovers, I reiterate the fact that he was a rookie, and that rookie mistakes are called that for a reason. The fact that Cam had the most individually impressive rookie season of any QB in NFL history speaks volumes to me.

The Chiefs also had a much better supporting cast for Cassell than the Bucs did for Freeman. Same with Newton. He has Steve Smith who is a top 10 WR in the NFL and one of the best RB duo's in the game. Freeman's supporting cast was half rookies (5 out of 10 offensive starters were rookies) and a bunch of unproven players other than Winslow.

All the Panthers needed was a guy who wasn't complete dog shit (Jake Delhomme/Jimmy Clausen) to put up points. The Bucs needed a good QB or their offense would have been one of the worst in the NFL.

The only problem with trying to compare Freeman's 3rd season with Ben's is that 06 was the nightmare season when Ben was in the motorcycle wreck and had the appendectomy. With that said, the resemblance between their styles of play is striking.

That is fair, but they have similar playing styles and had a similar down season that Ben rebounded from, it gives us Bucs fans hope Josh can do it.