Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Loss Of Reputation Privileges

lolrep

Because giving/receiving rep is such a critical piece to the functionality of this site.

Who here said it was critical?

The fact that there are two different groups for repping ppl alone says it all. There are people here that clearly care a little too much about it..and then there are those like myself who could care less. The actions made by the staff wouldn't of even been though of if people just grew a pair and didn't treat rep like a personal strike against themselves.

:clap:

The fact that there are two different groups for repping ppl alone says it all. There are people here that clearly care a little too much about it..and then there are those like myself who could care less. The actions made by the staff wouldn't of even been thought of if people just grew a pair and didn't treat rep like a personal strike against themselves.

Well said, sir.. I used to take offense to getting negged back when I first joined cause it was being done by one troll anytime I posted anything, but now I realize how immature it was.

18541-dynomite.jpg

• Downvote 1

The fact that there are two different groups for repping ppl alone says it all. There are people here that clearly care a little too much about it..and then there are those like myself who could care less. The actions made by the staff wouldn't of even been thought of if people just grew a pair and didn't treat rep like a personal strike against themselves.

And still I don't see anyone here who said it was critical....

And still I don't see anyone here who said it was critical....

Phil and BC are two main targets of what I said..there are others. But they are part of the problem. Not necessarily in this thread...because if we just look at this thread we only look at 1% of the problem.

Phil and BC are two main targets of what I said..there are others. But they are part of the problem. Not necessarily in this thread...because if we just look at this thread we only look at 1% of the problem.

Now I realize I havent been here as long as some of you but how is someone who constantly gets negged for at least half his negs are people who just think it's funny cause "lolbc" and didnt even read his post, part of the problem?

Now I realize I havent been here as long as some of you but how is someone who constantly gets negged for at least half his negs are people who just think it's funny cause "lolbc" and didnt even read his post, part of the problem?

You're going to need to translate this, lol.

Both people lost reputation privileges I think.

Assuming BJGE and BC are the people you're talking about, BJGE started the whole thing by negging BC a lot and BC got pissy and retaliated a great amount. Apparently people complained to the admins about it and now they lost their repping powers.

BC didn't start it but he has dragged the thing way on.

I don't think this has come about because of the BJGE/BC thing. Someone else complained about getting negged and it led to this.

I'm one of the people involved and lost rep privileges, but it isn't a big deal to me. I just liked screwing around with it. I negged one of Ed's old posts from like two years ago randomly and he thought it was funny. But some people got upset and it is leading to tighter rules on the rep system.

EDIT: You can also tell which members are in the group with no rep privileges. The ones who lost it next to group says Members. (with a period at the end) and the ones who haven't just says Members normally.

I cracked your code, admins. U mad? :troll:

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Apparently people complained to the admins about it and now they lost their repping powers.

To my knowledge, no one complained.

Some of us just got tired of the incessant bitching over bullshit causes.

I don't think this has come about because of the BJGE/BC thing. Someone else complained about getting negged and it led to this.

I'm one of the people involved and lost rep privileges, but it isn't a big deal to me. I just liked screwing around with it. I negged one of Ed's old posts from like two years ago randomly and he thought it was funny. But some people got upset and it is leading to tighter rules on the rep system.

EDIT: You can also tell which members are in the group with no rep privileges. The ones who lost it next to group says Members. (with a period at the end) and the ones who haven't just says Members normally.

I cracked your code, admins. U mad? :troll:

I think you are seeing things that aren't even there. The group is Members(-REP)... lol

Although, for not caring... You certainly have an elaborate post. lol

I think you are seeing things that aren't even there. The group is Members(-REP)... lol

Although, for not caring... You certainly have an elaborate post. lol

It used to have the (-REP) thing, but now I see (Members.) with a period when I post. I also see it when Phil or BC posts, and I assume they also are in the group as well. Maybe it looks different depending on which member group you are in.

I really don't care, I just figured I should speak on the subject since I'm one of the reasons this happened. If the staff wants to stop all the random negging, then that is their right and I should lose my priveleges. But I never really cared for rep all that much, I just liked screwing with people. I used to randomly neg Phil and Ed and then started on BC and NYGFH because they were over sensitive on it. I won't miss having the ability to rep or neg that much, I usually only gave positie rep to posts I really thought made a good point or was funny and then negged people to screw with them. Some people can handle it better than others and we have this situation.

Both people lost reputation privileges I think.

Assuming BJGE and BC are the people you're talking about, BJGE started the whole thing by negging BC a lot and BC got pissy and retaliated a great amount. Apparently people complained to the admins about it and now they lost their repping powers.

BC didn't start it but he has dragged the thing way on.

I negged him twice in a thread, he got butthurt and proceeded to go on negging sprees. Why he flipped shit over me negging him a couple of times is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

I negged him twice in a thread, he got butthurt and proceeded to go on negging sprees. Why he flipped shit over me negging him a couple of times is beyond me.

Lol, @ butthurt :rofl:

• Downvote 1

Who cares about rep. I'm just posting here so you all know I'm cool and don't care if you guys neg me cuz thats the bad ass thing to do. So again neg away. However, if you do neg me remember I don't care.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Who cares about rep. I'm just posting here so you all know I'm cool and don't care if you guys neg me cuz thats the bad ass thing to do. So again neg away. However, if you do neg me remember I don't care.

I would neg you, but I lost my negging abilities that I don't care about. :troll:

TGP Staff has decided to do away with the new (-REP) group. There is no reason to punish other members with the loss of a few reputation privileges because of the immaturity of a few.

With the removal of this group, punishment for abusing the rep system will be much harsher. You will get a warning, and then if the problem continues, a suspension will follow. For those of you in the group previously, you will not be getting the benefit of a warning.

And because of the group being removed, the reputation tab on the index page has returned! All reputation received since the modification was removed will not show up, but any rep given from here on out will be shown there.

The "Reputation Reason" feature has also returned.

• Upvote 2

Hmmm..i have seen a site with a rep thing on it..noticed that in just what 2 days, i have gotten and lost a rep point...wow...dunno what i posted that woudl cause that, hopefully i won't be banned or something for speaking truthfully about my opinion about the sport, cause so far, that's all i have done..

i have a feeling I know who did it, because I spoke about a certain player perhaps? and a teams fan was there?..

i hope, that is not what is in here, that any fan of any team can do somethign to cause bans, I mean rep stuff is fine, but if you take away points that easily from any fan because he didn't agree on something?..if that is the case--what good is rep anyway?--if you have it, then you only say good things, or water down your opinion to the degree that it is no longer what you really feel?..that you are afraid of saying what you really see in the NFL because you might offend someone?..

it isn't a big deal, not angry or anything..i am new, and perhaps this place is very sensitive, or the memebers are,a nd they have too much power perhaps?--or no tolerance for anyone with a different opinion?...

I dunno--hey for anyone reading this--I won't water down my opinion, i will respecfully speak the truth..I might add some funny stuff, because I don't take online stuff seriously liek i do in person, i think you need some toughter skin online, and a bit of give, and that's a 2 way street...if I get banned, then i guess this place wasn't for me then...until that time, i will post my opinion, and will gladly read yours without giving anyone a negative point for speakign their minds..that, i can promise...I will never, never give any of you, no matter what you say-negate.

and disagreeing with me?--hey, that's what i am here for..I learn more with disagreements than i ever will with everyone just saying what they think i wanna hear..i want your true opinion, not that.I don't get mad, and i will concede points if you outdebate me, i have before..dunno who if anyone will read this, but just wanted to at least get this in here before I get blackflagged for speaking what i think is truth about ray lewis.sorry if i believe like many do--that he has lost a step.for that-negative?..

if I understand this thing right, any memeber here can give a negative?..wow.only mods should IMO.maybe a mod did..I dunno.

still a good site, and i will enjoy it..but this one did suprise me a bit, must admit.just a newbees opinion here, but rep should be better controlled, or not used, or loosened up a bit with more tolerance to opinions...

Hmmm..i have seen a site with a rep thing on it..noticed that in just what 2 days, i have gotten and lost a rep point...wow...dunno what i posted that woudl cause that, hopefully i won't be banned or something for speaking truthfully about my opinion about the sport, cause so far, that's all i have done..

i have a feeling I know who did it, because I spoke about a certain player perhaps? and a teams fan was there?..

i hope, that is not what is in here, that any fan of any team can do somethign to cause bans, I mean rep stuff is fine, but if you take away points that easily from any fan because he didn't agree on something?..if that is the case--what good is rep anyway?--if you have it, then you only say good things, or water down your opinion to the degree that it is no longer what you really feel?..that you are afraid of saying what you really see in the NFL because you might offend someone?..

it isn't a big deal, not angry or anything..i am new, and perhaps this place is very sensitive, or the memebers are,a nd they have too much power perhaps?--or no tolerance for anyone with a different opinion?...

I dunno--hey for anyone reading this--I won't water down my opinion, i will respecfully speak the truth..I might add some funny stuff, because I don't take online stuff seriously liek i do in person, i think you need some toughter skin online, and a bit of give, and that's a 2 way street...if I get banned, then i guess this place wasn't for me then...until that time, i will post my opinion, and will gladly read yours without giving anyone a negative point for speakign their minds..that, i can promise...I will never, never give any of you, no matter what you say-negate.

and disagreeing with me?--hey, that's what i am here for..I learn more with disagreements than i ever will with everyone just saying what they think i wanna hear..i want your true opinion, not that.I don't get mad, and i will concede points if you outdebate me, i have before..dunno who if anyone will read this, but just wanted to at least get this in here before I get blackflagged for speaking what i think is truth about ray lewis.sorry if i believe like many do--that he has lost a step.for that-negative?..

if I understand this thing right, any memeber here can give a negative?..wow.only mods should IMO.maybe a mod did..I dunno.

still a good site, and i will enjoy it..but this one did suprise me a bit, must admit.just a newbees opinion here, but rep should be better controlled, or not used, or loosened up a bit with more tolerance to opinions...

I think you might be confused as to how the rep system works. It doesn't matter how many times you get negative or positive rep. That will not affect your status on this board. This topic was created because some people were abusing the rep system in that they were basically using it to troll certain members that they didn't like.