Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phailadelphia

lolBuccs

I didn't say anyone was going to be a bust. I was responding to your comment that people are saying the opposite of what I am, and I'm arguing that's because they do it with nearly everyone, even the players that end up busting after they assume they'll be a certain pro bowler.

I agree, but people talk up Claiborne and he could easily be a bust too. Nobody knows.

Based on history I don't particularly trust their research.

He sounds pretty enthusiastic about most picks. Pretty much a good example of what I said before.

He's fucked up more than a couple times. The guy has done moves no winning GM in this league would have considered, like giving players with back-up talent big contracts for three straight seasons. And I guarantee you him wanting Barron over Claiborne has more to do with the signing of Eric Wright more than anything.

Or, they just weren't as high on Claiborne as people thought? If you look at the guys we're drafting they all seem to fit the bill of players Schiano likes. Smart, instinctinve, attention to detail guys. That doesn't describe Claiborne at all.

You can say that about any pick in the draft, that doesn't mean someone can't find it irritating that their favorite team drafted an on-paper inferior player instead of staying put and getting an on-paper better one. Picking Barron over Claiborne is no different to me than if we picked Stephon Gilmore. You could say it's possible Gilmore will pan out better than Claiborne, but that doesn't make it a better pick 2 days after the draft, because at this point all indications point to the opposite.

According to whose paper? The media? Just because they tell us Claiborne is better, doesn't mean he really is or teams fell that way. I've said it several times leading up to the draft, you'd be suprised at how different teams draft boards are. It is totally possible, hell likely, that the Bucs put in hours and hours of research into Claiborne and just came away less impressed than the media.

You like the pick, I obviously don't. You arguing against my opinion by basically stating "we don't know" is pretty pointless. I didn't like it yesterday, I won't like it tomorrow, and I probably won't like it next year. Get over it.

I don't have to get over anything. I'm happy with what we've done, I'm not whining that we didn't draft the guy the media said we needed.

Or, they just weren't as high on Claiborne as people thought? If you look at the guys we're drafting they all seem to fit the bill of players Schiano likes. Smart, instinctinve, attention to detail guys. That doesn't describe Claiborne at all.

Claiborne was a team captain, has been touted for his instincts, football IQ, elite ball skills, and overall athleticism. People have questioned Mark Barron's coverage skills, I don't believe I've heard anyone say any such thing about Claiborne. I highly doubt Claiborne isn't the type of player Schiano likes.

According to whose paper? The media? Just because they tell us Claiborne is better, doesn't mean he really is or teams fell that way. I've said it several times leading up to the draft, you'd be suprised at how different teams draft boards are. It is totally possible, hell likely, that the Bucs put in hours and hours of research into Claiborne and just came away less impressed than the media.

You keep bringing up the media smart guy, so why do you like Barron so much? Did you read a bunch of good things on Walter Football? Or do you just trust the front office that put together a 4-12 team that will forever go down as one of the worst seasons in this teams history? I think I'll take the opinion of the Cowboys front office seeing as their team could easily drop 30+ points on us any Sunday.

I don't have to get over anything. I'm happy with what we've done, I'm not whining that we didn't draft the guy the media said we needed.

No, you've just been whining because I don't like the guy. I gave my opinion and you've been spending the last day arguing it because you want to feel good about a guy that you know deep down you are less happy about than if we ended up with Claiborne, but I respect your optimism.

What makes you think my opinions have anything to do with the media? It's been obvious other front offices liked Claiborne as the top DB in the draft.

Claiborne was a team captain, has been touted for his instincts, football IQ, elite ball skills, and overall athleticism. People have questioned Mark Barron's coverage skills, I don't believe I've heard anyone say any such thing about Claiborne. I highly doubt Claiborne isn't the type of player Schiano likes.

His instincts for getting INTs and in coverage at times, sure. But, in run support? Nope. I also haven't seen Barron's coverage skills questioned that much. Most things I see/hear/read suggest he is pretty good in coverage. He has a nice all around game.

Also, you can highly doubt Claiborne isn't a Schiano kind of player all you want, but Schiano passed on him.

You keep bringing up the media smart guy, so why do you like Barron so much? Did you read a bunch of good things on Walter Football? Or do you just trust the front office that put together a 4-12 team that will forever go down as one of the worst seasons in this teams history? I think I'll take the opinion of the Cowboys front office seeing as their team could easily drop 30+ points on us any Sunday.

I don't take anything Walterfootball or any mock site says too seriously. Barron was becoming a hot commodity around the NFL. If the Bucs didn't take him at 7, there was going to be action for him heating up very quickly. Several teams wanted to move up for him and Buffalo liked him at 10. He was high on a lot of boards. Just because you didn't see it coming, doesn't mean a damn.

No, you've just been whining because I don't like the guy. I gave my opinion and you've been spending the last day arguing it because you want to feel good about a guy that you know deep down you are less happy about than if we ended up with Claiborne, but I respect your optimism.

I haven't been whining at all. I'm happy and looking forward to the season. You're the one on here whining because we didn't take Claiborne.

How do you know I'm less happy deep down? What other of my deep down emotions can you tell me about?

What makes you think my opinions have anything to do with the media? It's been obvious other front offices liked Claiborne as the top DB in the draft.

How is that obvious? The only thing that is obvious is the Cowboys had him higher, but the Cowboys loved Barron too. I heard earlier today that Barron cracked the top 5 on several teams' big boards. We really don't know how many front offices had who ranked higher than who. Teams' boards are almost always way off from what media/fans think they should be. Each one is completly different too. Some teams may not have even had Claiborne as the best CB in the draft, a lot of them fell in love with Gilmore (something I disagree with, but that is another discussion). The opinion of whether Claiborne is really the best corner in the draft came into question more as the draft approached.

I personally would've been just fine with Claiborne, but I am totally fine with Barron too. Outstanding player at a position where the cupboard was completly bare. Trent Richardson was THE guy I wanted, and would've (and am) been disappointed if we couldn't get him. But after that, we just needed an instant impact player on defense. Barron will do that, and I'm completly good with it.

His instincts for getting INTs and in coverage at times, sure. But, in run support? Nope. I also haven't seen Barron's coverage skills questioned that much. Most things I see/hear/read suggest he is pretty good in coverage. He has a nice all around game.

Right people who've watched hours of film project him to be a shut-down corner, but he's instinctive at times.

I've yet to hear anyone knock his run-support. He's physical to get off blocks to get to the runner. It's certainly not a weakness of his, and considering this is a passing league I'd rather have a guy that's supposed to be great in pass-coverage and okay in run-support than a guy who's the exact opposite.

Also, you can highly doubt Claiborne isn't a Schiano kind of player all you want, but Schiano passed on him.

Schiano just became the HC. I'm sure his opinion had plenty of influence but if you haven't realized Dominik has been running the show since 2009 in terms of the draft and FA pick-ups I'm not sure what team you've been watching the last few years.

Saying Claiborne isn't a "Schiano player" doesn't exactly make much since. Head coaches look for a guy who can help them win games, and considering Claiborne has everything a team looks for in a CB coming out of college, I'm not sure what kind of player he'd be looking for if not him.

I don't take anything Walterfootball or any mock site says too seriously. Barron was becoming a hot commodity around the NFL. If the Bucs didn't take him at 7, there was going to be action for him heating up very quickly. Several teams wanted to move up for him and Buffalo liked him at 10. He was high on a lot of boards. Just because you didn't see it coming, doesn't mean a damn.

I seen it coming. He's the top-Safety in a mediocre draft pretty weak at the position. Teams are undoubtedly going to pick him high. That doesn't make him better than Claiborne.

I haven't been whining at all. I'm happy and looking forward to the season. You're the one on here whining because we didn't take Claiborne.

I didn't whine. I said I didn't like Barron over Claiborne as I'm sure Cowboys fans wouldn't have liked seeing their team pick Barron #6 instead of Claiborne. You've been arguing with that opinion for the last 2 pages. Clearly you're happy about the pick, the only other conclusion I can come up with why you're still arguing against my preference for it is you're trying to fight against something else...

How do you know I'm less happy deep down? What other of my deep down emotions can you tell me about?

Clearly you've been fighting with emotional issues ever since your Uncle Donny dry humped you. My first post expressing my dislike of getting Barron over Claiborne created a brain corn holing, bringing back memories of your Uncles kitty-litter-dry penis penetrating your ear drum. This clearly aggravated your PTSD, leading you to fight against me the same way you tried so many years ago.

I think you both have put your opinions out there and are just arguing in circles. lol

But feel free to continue....just sayin'...

:popcorn:

Right people who've watched hours of film project him to be a shut-down corner, but he's instinctive at times.

He is projected to be a shut down corner because he has the physical abilities to do so. He is very talented physically but still has some developing mentally to be a Revis kind of player. I saw a video earlier that demonstrated some of that, he bit on some fakes, got out of position, etc. His instincts playing the run looks pretty bad from some of the things I've seen. I'm not doubting him as a player, but I don't think he fits the bill of what Schiano is looking for overall. Appearently they agreed, because they had the chance to draft him and decided to move down for a 4th rounder that they traded twice instead.

I've yet to hear anyone knock his run-support. He's physical to get off blocks to get to the runner. It's certainly not a weakness of his, and considering this is a passing league I'd rather have a guy that's supposed to be great in pass-coverage and okay in run-support than a guy who's the exact opposite.

I've been hearing/reading a lot of good things about Barron's coverage abilities. It is part of the reason his stock was so high heading into the draft. In this pass happy league, teams aren't looking at safeties that high if they don't believe they could be an asset to their pass defense. If you look at the defensive players who got taken in the first round, they are all guys who defend the pass or get after the QB. It is why Courtney Upshaw likely fell to the 2nd round because a lot of people questioned how much of an impact he'd have as a pass rusher.

Schiano just became the HC. I'm sure his opinion had plenty of influence but if you haven't realized Dominik has been running the show since 2009 in terms of the draft and FA pick-ups I'm not sure what team you've been watching the last few years.

Dominik isn't just going to go against what Schiano wants/asks for just because he can. When Schiano got here, the two came together with a plan of the kind of players they want. They are on the same page. Schiano wants a defense that goes back to the fundamentals of football, and the draft picks we spent on defense look like that. This draft just looks like it has Schiano's fingerprints all over it.

Saying Claiborne isn't a "Schiano player" doesn't exactly make much since. Head coaches look for a guy who can help them win games, and considering Claiborne has everything a team looks for in a CB coming out of college, I'm not sure what kind of player he'd be looking for if not him.

If he was a "Schiano player", he'd be playing for Schiano in Tampa Bay.

I didn't whine. I said I didn't like Barron over Claiborne as I'm sure Cowboys fans wouldn't have liked seeing their team pick Barron #6 instead of Claiborne. You've been arguing with that opinion for the last 2 pages. Clearly you're happy about the pick, the only other conclusion I can come up with why you're still arguing against my preference for it is you're trying to fight against something else...

I'm not sure what Cowboys fans' opinions really matter. We've got some intelligent ones here, but most of them don't know much about the Cowboys besides "'MERICAS' TEAM1!!!!!!11! TONY ROMER!1!!!!!! HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!"

Clearly you've been fighting with emotional issues ever since your Uncle Donny dry humped you. My first post expressing my dislike of getting Barron over Claiborne created a brain corn holing, bringing back memories of your Uncles kitty-litter-dry penis penetrating your ear drum. This clearly aggravated your PTSD, leading you to fight against me the same way you tried so many years ago.

How did you know??? :ninja:

Well now that both of us posted the same opinion 3 or 4 times each, I think we can be done with this boring game of round robin. I think the Cowboys got the better prospect, and the Panthers may have as well. We got the best safety. I'd prefer the former in Claiborne but like I said in my first post, it's w/e. I'm not upset about the pick, I just don't like it, but he's a Buc so it's not like I'm going to hope he fails. Now if we got Richardson, then I'd be upset. Barron/Martin is far better value than that at least.

Fair enough. No point in going over it over and over.

But on a last note, interesting piece I came across about Barron before the draft.

Chris Brown of the team's official website believes the Bills view Alabama's Mark Barron as a "once-in-a-generation" safety.

Bills scout Darrell Moody calls Barron a "complete player" who can smother tight ends and running backs in coverage. Barron has been linked to Buffalo by SI's Peter King, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi, ESPN's Adam Schefter, PFW's Nolan Nawrocki, and reliable beat writer Joe Buscaglia. We don't believe Barron will make it out of the Top 10.

:think: