Sarge

The good news thread

I'm going to see the Pirates' #1 prospect, Gerrit Cole, pitch tonight in AA. Guys throws a 101 MPH fastball, a 92 MPH slider and a filthy changeup. Can't wait.

Edited by Sarge

Cole was pretty good, and the post game fireworks were a lot better than I was expecting. Fun night.

Finished my Sophomore year of high school today.. :party:

• Upvote 1

Finished my Sophomore year of high school today.. :party:

Nice, man

My little brother just got an internship for the summer and it turns out that after his boss asked him what I do, he said that he is personal friends with the Chargers head strength and conditioning coach and he would introduce me next time I'm in town :party:

• Upvote 1

Since the Phillies/Rays game I was at with my family got rained out, StubHub refunded my mom's account in full, so we're seeing the Eagles play the Bucs at Ray Jay this fall.

:rock:

I'm halfway done with my 38 page research paper!...

And since all three of my friends that I was gonna room with in a 4-person room at Adrian College decided to transfer, I'm more then likely gonna get a 4 person room for myself, and pay a quarter of the price for a doubles or singles. ^_^

And since all three of my friends that I was gonna room with in a 4-person room at Adrian College decided to transfer, I'm more then likely gonna get a 4 person room for myself, and pay a quarter of the price for a doubles or singles. ^_^

Sweet. Throw some parties up in there, DMac.

• Upvote 1

I HAVE POWER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!monkey.gifmonkey.gifmonkey.gif

I don't know if it's made anything beyond local news, but if anyone has heard of the windstorms in Virginia last week, I was in the center of it. 55+ mph winds with gusts in the 80s took down big trees down all over town taking out power lines, homes, cars, you name it. I've spent a lot of the last couple days helping pass out ice at one of the local churches figuring that if I'm gonna be sweating (it's been pushing 100 all week) without power I might as well make myself useful. We just got power back after almost exactly 8 days, so if anyone has been wondering where I've been, there's your answer. On the whole, we came out of it pretty well, we're one of the last in the city to get power back but the house is intact as are all of our cars, and that's a trade off I'll take any day.

Oh jeez. I heard about the power failures in DC. Didn't know you were in that area. Glad you're ok.

Finally got my birth certificate in the mail on Thursday, I will be turning my application for the Navy in on Monday morning, should be heading to MEPS some time next week to see if I am healthy enough to join.

• Upvote 1

Oh jeez. I heard about the power failures in DC. Didn't know you were in that area. Glad you're ok.

yeah, as of last night there were still about 10k without power in my area, mostly out in the counties at this point, but they've a lot of progress over the last few days

Yeah, the power failure has hit us here in Maryland as well, lots of trees are down around the community, and some of my friends are just getting power back.

Fortunately, I just got back here last night, so I still have power atm, which I will need to finish the course I just took.

Glad to hear you're alright, oochymp.

Yeah, the power failure has hit us here in Maryland as well, lots of trees are down around the community, and some of my friends are just getting power back.

Fortunately, I just got back here last night, so I still have power atm, which I will need to finish the course I just took.

Glad to hear you're alright, oochymp.

yeah, seems like it hit a pretty wide region, from what I've heard it sounds like West Virginia really took the worst of it, I'm glad to hear you survived it generally intact as well

Edited by oochymp

Had a little health scare that turned out to be nothing. :rock:

I don't know if there is a more relieving feeling in life than that... except taking a huge dump when you think you're constipated. :p

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Good news everyone! I'm probably adopting this kitten this week. Maybe even as soon as tonight. Check that mustache man. Cute as fuck.

228a571212ec4c53b08d3d0.jpg

Good news everyone! I'm probably adopting this kitten this week. Maybe even as soon as tonight. Check that mustache man. Cute as fuck.

228a571212ec4c53b08d3d0.jpg

I call photoshop. :yep:

Don't you have a dog too?

Guest Phailadelphia

I call photoshop. :yep:

Don't you have a dog too?

Yeah, it's a family dog though. She stays at my parents house. I'm looking for a pet for my apartment.

I know im not the only who smokes heavy weed on this board. I found out Razor does too after looking at his RB rankings lol

On another note ive gotten my shot back in basketball. I was 11-12 yesterday from 3.

I know im not the only who smokes heavy weed on this board. I found out Razor does too after looking at his RB rankings lol

Sean wasn't enough of a clue?

Just because your precious Chris Johnson wasn't ranked high enough?

• Upvote 1

I don't know if there is a more relieving feeling in life than that... except taking a huge dump when you think you're constipated. :p

I once blacked out while finally taking a dump after being constipated for a week. The most scary/wonderful feeling of my life.