Sarge

The good news thread

Back to reffing football as the season starts with high school varsity kicking off this Thursday. My first 3 games of the season will be junior football games all in a row on Saturday, and will be doing 3-4 every single Saturday. Then some HS JV and frosh midweek, and an occasional varsity game.

Back to reffing football as the season starts with high school varsity kicking off this Thursday. My first 3 games of the season will be junior football games all in a row on Saturday, and will be doing 3-4 every single Saturday. Then some HS JV and frosh midweek, and an occasional varsity game.

That's cool. How much do you earn a game?

My old high school soccer coach asked if I wanted to ref a few games this season. $40 a game. I'd do it without hesitation but each game he wants me to ref is during one of my college classes.

I don't know, for $40 I may have to skip two or three classes lol.

I just got a phone call from my Navy recruiter telling me that I was approved to head down to MEPS in Seattle to take my physical. One last hurdle and I will officially be enlisted in the United States Navy. Fuck. YEAH.

I just got a phone call from my Navy recruiter telling me that I was approved to head down to MEPS in Seattle to take my physical. One last hurdle and I will officially be enlisted in the United States Navy. Fuck. YEAH.

Congrats man, I know you dont know me but thanks and I am proud. I love the military service and have been in for a while and it is good to see others investing in themselves and their country.

It changes you. And MEPS is awkward just so you know.

Thank you. I am kind of sad that it took until I was 34 years old to decide to do something worthwhile with my life. But I am damn excited to start this new journey. I actually went through MEPS when i was 18, before they DQ'd me for being underweight. I remember it being awkward to a degree, but getting a physical always has been that way for me, I would imagine getting one with 50 other guys is going to be worse.

Thank you. I am kind of sad that it took until I was 34 years old to decide to do something worthwhile with my life. But I am damn excited to start this new journey. I actually went through MEPS when i was 18, before they DQ'd me for being underweight. I remember it being awkward to a degree, but getting a physical always has been that way for me, I would imagine getting one with 50 other guys is going to be worse.

Man as long as you are doing it you can still retire at 54. And yeah it is ridiculous all in a line either ass naked or in your underwear....ahhhh not good.

And there are always those "homeless" dudes outside the hotel at meps just waiting to sucker your ass into giving them money. They got me.

Who is in Mav's avatar? Christ.

That's cool. How much do you earn a game?

My old high school soccer coach asked if I wanted to ref a few games this season. $40 a game. I'd do it without hesitation but each game he wants me to ref is during one of my college classes.

I don't know, for $40 I may have to skip two or three classes lol.

$65 for HS non varsity games, $35 for youth football. I have a quadruple header this Saturday for youth football so 150ish for 8 hours of work. We get to wear shorts for youth football this year thank God.

Had a great first date with an amazing woman last night.

Nothing's in stone, obviously, but it's a good start.

I thought you had a girlfriend bware

Had a great first date with an amazing woman last night.

Nothing's in stone, obviously, but it's a good start.

Thought you were seeing somebody else when you made that room mate thread lol

I thought you had a girlfriend bware

Nah, that fell through. It's a good thing it did, because while she was a great girl, we were pressured by friends from both sides to give it a try (and there was mutual interest, so I'm not saying we just tried to date because people told us to, but it was a factor). When I made that thread, it looked like it could be something, but it never moved all that far. Now she's with somebody more her type, and if things go well with this new girl (a friend I've had for a couple of years, actually), she's a much better fit for me.

Right now, I'm just trying to keep both feet on the ground and not take anything for granted. Sometimes you just...kinda have that idea in your head that it could be something, I guess. So I'm trying to hold that thought for the time being.

I have lost 4lbs in 2 days, working quickly toward my Navy goal of 180 and my personal goal of 175.

• Upvote 1

After 4 years of being friends with this girl, we finally started dating a month ago and its fantastic.

After 4 years of being friends with this girl, we finally started dating a month ago and its fantastic.

You escaped from the friend zone? ALL HAIL TERRY!!!

I'm starting to eat healthier, get active again, my classes are going to be great this semester, and I'm talking to a girl I really like.

• Upvote 1

I got DirecTV to give me NFL Sunday Ticket premium absolutely free. I'll be watching my Bucs every Sunday.

• Upvote 1

I got DirecTV to give me NFL Sunday Ticket premium absolutely free. I'll be watching my Bucs every Sunday.

Sunday Ticket "premium." Does that mean you're excluded from blackouts?

Sunday Ticket "premium." Does that mean you're excluded from blackouts?

If you have Sunday Ticket and are not in your home market, you can still watch games that are blacked out. So for example, Tampa/Orlando area is blacked out of the Bucs game this Sunday but since I live in Miami, I'll be able to watch the game. With the premium package, you get the RedZone channel, a player tracker channel and the ability to stream live games on your phone/tablet. Blackout rules for home markets do still apply.