Sarge

The good news thread

If you have Sunday Ticket and are not in your home market, you can still watch games that are blacked out. So for example, Tampa/Orlando area is blacked out of the Bucs game this Sunday but since I live in Miami, I'll be able to watch the game. With the premium package, you get the RedZone channel, a player tracker channel and the ability to stream live games on your phone/tablet. Blackout rules for home markets do still apply.

Okay, that's right. I always forget about that since my parents (who have Sunday Ticket) are just within the 75-mile radius of Tampa, so the blackout restrictions apply to them.

I'm already plowing through the short story that I have to write by the end of the quarter for a writing club I'm enrolled in.

Link: http://pastebin.com/nbxgJcwL

http://pastebin.com/EPu7XTr3

The story, in my opinion, is mediocre. We're supposed to have the rough draft completed by the end of the quarter, and then my AP English teacher is going to give advice on it. By the end of the semester, we should have a completed product.

I'll give a cookie to anyone who can detect what's up with John and Corey.

After today, I am going to have a lot of free time on my hands.

:happy::rock: :beerchug:

Don't be so mysterious, most mysterious poster on the board. Details, details.

Don't be so mysterious, most mysterious poster on the board. Details, details.

But how am I supposed to be mysterious if I don't actually act mysterious? Besides, it should be fairly easy to decode.

Edited by Vin

But how am I supposed to be mysterious if I don't actually act mysterious? Besides, it should be fairly easy to decode.

Dropping out of school? Won the lottery?

Rethought his terrible decision to become a Jags fan.

Now he'll no longer be cutting himself for 3-4 days straight after the Jags lose.

Rethought his terrible decision to become a Jags fan.

Now he'll no longer be cutting himself for 3-4 days straight after the Jags lose.

:nope:

Quit your job?

Close.

You either got fired or your place of work closed and/or fired you..> Although, not sure if any of those are "good". haha

You either got fired or your place of work closed and/or fired you..> Although, not sure if any of those are "good". haha

:clap:

Got laid off. And yeah, the free time is about the only thing that's good about it.

Edited by Vin

Hey! I'm coming up on the anniversary of getting fired. And it's been the best thing that's happened to me.

The free time is awesome right away, but start the job search (if you need one) sooner than later because you'll be surprised how quickly your money runs out with no income.

• Upvote 1

Hey! I'm coming up on the anniversary of getting fired. And it's been the best thing that's happened to me.

The free time is awesome right away, but start the job search (if you need one) sooner than later because you'll be surprised how quickly your money runs out with no income.

Yeah. The good thing is that this isn't the first time it's happened. The bad thing is I'm not going to be able to absorb it until things pick back up like last time, so I'm going to have to find something new.

I got fired on Saturday, lol. The job was terrible, but I'll no longer have more money than I know what to do with.

Here's to both of us finding something.

• Upvote 1

I've been lucky about the fired thing. I've been able to quit the jobs I didn't like because I've had options, but I'll thank North Dakota for that, and not myself. I know it's different in other states.

I wish the weather could stay like this forever. September WINS! Flawless victory!

Here's to both of us finding something.

Yup, good luck. I think I'm going to have to end up looking for a factory job or fast food, unfortunately. Luckily I only have to wait about a year before my girlfriend goes to grad school and we move as far away from here as possible.

I've been lucky about the fired thing. I've been able to quit the jobs I didn't like because I've had options, but I'll thank North Dakota for that, and not myself. I know it's different in other states.

Nebraska is a lot like ND unless you live in a college town. We have a stupid DII school that brags about having better test scores than UNL (Nebraska Cornhuskers), so there are a LOT of college kids here to compete with in a town of only about 30,000. Finding a place to rent is HELL if you're looking from late summer to late winter.

Yup, good luck. I think I'm going to have to end up looking for a factory job or fast food, unfortunately. Luckily I only have to wait about a year before my girlfriend goes to grad school and we move as far away from here as possible.

Nebraska is a lot like ND unless you live in a college town. We have a stupid DII school that brags about having better test scores than UNL (Nebraska Cornhuskers), so there are a LOT of college kids here to compete with in a town of only about 30,000. Finding a place to rent is HELL if you're looking from late summer to late winter.

Yeah, that seems to be most college towns, but I guess I lean toward manual labor so I end up having more options than most of the kids at school, here.

I suppose that's just like life for folks who don't go to school in the first place. In order to land a decent paying job, they gotta be willing to get up at 4 in the morning and go work their tails off until 3 or 4 and if they're doing farmwork they gotta be ready to go at 7 and work til dark. It's been that way for me at school--I do prefer manual labor because I stay in shape and it makes the time go fast so it's never really bothered me.

I've always been confused by the amount of college students willing to make food at an on-campus job that pays them minimum wage or a buck over at best. It's like they aren't aware that for a couple extra hours a week and more physical work (not necessarily more physical, either, food service isn't consistently labor intensive but it beats up the body because you do so many things at such odd angles), they can make at least ten an hour.

Have a field pass for the Bucs/Giants game. Even more hyped now. :towel:

How the hell did you manage that? That's freaking awesome.

How the hell did you manage that? That's freaking awesome.

My Dad is a season ticket holder for the Giants and I guess he somehow got it through that. :shrug: