Sarge

The good news thread

That's awesome Sarge, congratulations! Best of luck on the start of your new journey as you get to live one of your dreams. :clap:

• Upvote 1

Thanks, guys. Even if TGP is blocked in China, there are ways around that (VPN).

I have accepted a position as an English instructor at a university in Ningbo, Zhejiang province in China. I always wanted to teach and travel. Now I get to do both at the same time as I teach English to college students in Ningbo, China. My task will mainly be to help the students improve their spoken English. I'm not sure when I'm leaving. The visa formality crap can take a little while. Should be next month though.

Let the good times roll. :rock:

Wow that's great. Make sure you do plenty of research on Chinese culture and etiquette beforehand!

• Upvote 1

Congratulations again, Sarge!

I just bought tickets to see Cage the Elephant headline on December 3rd. :rock:

• Upvote 2

Passed the written and physical tests for my local city police department Saturda.

Been guaranteed a job by the asst. chief as long as I pass the last two steps in the oral interview and the polygraph this coming Saturday.

It's been quite the experience, and as long as all goes well...I'll be going to a police academy in January and will be on the streets as a police officer in late June/early July.

:rockon::clap: Congratz!!!

A much better alternative. Good luck in Chile, don't freeze your toes off!

• Upvote 2

Chilean girls are EASY and have LOOOOOW standards, from what I've seen with the exchange students here. Knock'em dead, Sarge.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, guys. The only good thing about China in hindsight is that it would have paid the most. But I already know a little Spanish, and I've always been interested in becoming fluent in it. Chile is also only 2 hours ahead of the eastern time zone instead of 13. So I won't be totally shut off from the things that go on back home now. And the weather is also better in Chile. I was a bit bummed at first, but I always had this as a backup plan. This may work out for the ebst in the end anyway.

• Upvote 1

So I'm not going to China anymore. There was an agreement in place, but I have found that getting a work visa in China is a nightmare. I'm going to Chile instead, and I'm leaving December 1st, which is coming up soon. Still very excited because this should be a great opportunity. :rock:

I lived in Chile for 4 months, let me know if I can be of any help

• Upvote 1

I think my gf's getting me a PS4 for our anniversary/my birthday/Christmas. We generally don't buy gifts since those three plus her birthday are all within about a month of eachother.

This year I broke tradition and got her a diamond necklace for our 3 year anniversary and a The Black Keys/Cage the Elephant limited/signed by the artist concert poster from the concert we saw in Chicago at the end of Sept. Was about $500, so either she's getting me a PS4 and some games (she mentioned that it's multiple things and they're expensive) or she got me tickets to see Modest Mouse, the Thunder, or the Steelers.

Or I'm way off and she got me something else. Either way I'm excited and I'm sure I'll love whatever it is.

New gameday jersey came in today. :notbad:

bb39_zps65d62998.jpg

Will be on full display at MetLife on Sunday if I grab tix to Pats/Jets. :slingblade:

• Upvote 1

dual-display is where it's at :yep: Invaluable for gaming and programming and stuff. I used to have 3 monitors, but one of my gfx cards bit the dust a while back. I have my other 16:9 monitor hooked up to a little pc in my room i just use for streaming tv now. I like the way a 4:3 monitor displays web pages better I guess.

that's a really nice monitor for that price. I've been looking for another one I might have to think about that :yep: gfx card first though :p

• Upvote 1