Sarge

The good news thread

Just one bottle of Rip for all of us to share...

Seriously awesome news. :yep:

Everything's coming up Ngata.

• Upvote 1

I had to work this weekend during divisional playoffs. The plant chooses to blow the transformers so Im now off all weekend. :rog:

• Upvote 1

I had to work this weekend during divisional playoffs. The plant chooses to blow the transformers so Im now off all weekend. :rog:

Is this really good news though? Now you get to see the Jags get pounded.

Well the power somehow came back on so now I gotta work tonight and tomorrow night again, but the Jags game comes on at 1 so I don't have to worry about missing it (I work 6P-6A)

Is this really good news though? Now you get to see the Jags get pounded.

I knew this comment wasn't going to age well. :sigh:

Well the power somehow came back on so now I gotta work tonight and tomorrow night again, but the Jags game comes on at 1 so I don't have to worry about missing it (I work 6P-6A)

Congrats on the win. Beat the Pats.

• Upvote 1

I've got a job as a laundry attendant at Great Wolf Lodge. Just finished my first official week today and will be going to afternoons starting on Sunday. I'm pretty much guaranteed 40 hours a week. I also get a lot of perks with the job, which is pretty cool.

Afternoons are from 2:30-11:00 PM, so I'll try to drop in on TGP and say hi for a bit after I get home. :)

Good for you man, so how long until you own the joint? We have a great wolf lodge near us in Centralia. We go several times a year.

Good for you man, so how long until you own the joint? We have a great wolf lodge near us in Centralia. We go several times a year.

:rock: Nice places to visit aren't they?

And a loooong time to come :p

Indoor water parks are suuuuuuuper hard to fuck up yo.

It will come quick.

Edited by Omerta

That's awesome man, congrats and kudos for the courage to chase your dreams.

Cherry did you propose in the format of a draft projection?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Vin said:

Let's all take a moment and appreciate how old we all are now that cherry's out here getting married.

Almost put it in the "Y'all are old as fuck" thread I had laying around. Tbf I joined when I was like 15 and now I'm almost 21.

14 hours ago, blotsfan said:

Cherry did you propose in the format of a draft projection?

I think my odds of being declined would've been significantly higher but now I wish I did. 

• Upvote 1

It's been 7+ months since I last got high. I've had periods where I almost slipped into replacing weed with alcohol but I've come a long way. I spent almost $1,500 on weed in about a year and that was only the Venmo transactions.

Although it's positive progress, I still struggle reckoning with the people I pushed away while in that state. I missed a lot of growth and fucked some good situations up so I could get high. I never want to be in that state again, although life hasn't necessarily been easier without it.

The actual start date of my sober streak was July 9, 2018. I sent an email to my ex apologizing for neglecting our relationship and her emotional needs for the sake of weed. I don't know if she even cared, but I was fucked up emotionally after sending it and wanted to smoke. Something in me stopped me from doing it and here I am now.

Edit: I also accepted a job offer in Madison following graduation. It'll be in a technical support role for a software company. It'll be hard work but I've made it this far. Just have to make it through this semester and I'm finally done with school.

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 2

Congrats man, saying sober is tough. 

• Upvote 1

Congrats, OSU.  Staying sober is never easy.  But the more you work at it, the better you get at it.  I'm currently heading into my 3rd month sober after a lengthy drinking relapse last year.  This is the first time I've managed to stop without going to treatment, but progress is progress.  "One day at a time" is one of those overused cliches that actually prove very true.  Keep at it. 

• Upvote 1