Sarge

The good news thread

I FINALLY realized, 1 year and 9 months after building my computer, why my attempts at overclocking were being squashed. Any time I've tried overclocking my CPU or Memory, my computer becomes unstable and I have to revert. Until today.

I decided to tinker again because I was bored and found some obscure setting in my BIOS that was putting a cap on VCore voltage, without really explaining what it was doing. The VCore voltage was being capped at 1.29, when even the slightest overclock would require more than that. I kept changing the setting for the VCore voltage to 1.3-1.475 in the overclocking area of the BIOS and had no idea that this other cap was overriding my input. So now I've finally OCed my processor from 3.4GHz to 4.1GHz and my RAM is finally performing at the capacity that I purchased it for: DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24.

I know most of you didn't understand that, and I barely do myself, but I'm pretty excited.

Oh, and tomorrow I have a physical and hair follicle test and will be starting a new job after 5 months of unemployment on the 18th. So that's exciting as well.

• Upvote 2

Nice, Zack. I'm going back to work tomorrow too after being "off" since late November.

• Upvote 1

Bought lift tickets, snowboard pants, and googles today. Leaving in less than a month for Colorado.

I got laid off. Now I can collect unemployment and make more than what I was making so far this year :dance:

I got laid off. Now I can collect unemployment and make more than what I was making so far this year :dance:

Ladies and gentlemen, America.

Guest Phailadelphia

I filed my tax return and thanks to new education deductions I'm getting about 4x as much back as I have in the past. WOOOOO!!!!

Time to buy a suit.

• Upvote 1

Those are my tax dollars, asshole. :disgust:

I filed my tax return and thanks to new education deductions I'm getting about 4x as much back as I have in the past. WOOOOO!!!!

Time to buy a suit.

Whoa, new education deductions? EDUCATE ME.

Edited by SteVo

Bought lift tickets, snowboard pants, and googles today. Leaving in less than a month for Colorado.

Hey get tickets for an Avalanche game! Oh wait, we suck.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm pretty sure you can claim books, tuition, basically any fees or things you bought from your school or that were required to attend your school. You should get a 1098T form from your school at some point. Use that to file your education deductions and such.

I'm pretty sure you can claim books, tuition, basically any fees or things you bought from your school or that were required to attend your school. You should get a 1098T form from your school at some point. Use that to file your education deductions and such.

Interesting. I'm going to have to talk to my tax woman at H&R Block about this...

Guest Phailadelphia

Interesting. I'm going to have to talk to my tax woman at H&R Block about this...

Don't forget your 1098T!

• Upvote 1

lol. I would still have a job if they wouldve given us a fucking notice, not just walk in and be like hey most you are laid off today. Now wait around for 3 hours as we talk to each one of you alone. I should make around 400 a week, which is more than what I was making so far this year. But last year I typically took home 600-800 a week.

My town's math competition was today and I was 2nd. Regional competition is next.

2nd again :party:

I heard through the grapevine that I got the Management job at Five Guys. However, they haven't called me to confirm so I am going to keep my excitement level down for now.

• Upvote 1

Attending my first bachelor party this weekend. Leaving Little Rock at 4pm to arrive in St. Louis at 10pm, just in time to crash the bars and clubs. We've rented a 15-person bus, booked two rooms right on Washington Avenue, and reserved three hours in a trampoline room for dodgeball.

LET'S RAGE!!!

I've been to sky zone. It's kinda incredible. You'll have a great time

I will be attending my first ever Harlem Globetrotters game tomorrow in Everett, Washington. I am a good bit excited. They used to play at George Mason University (about 10 minutes from where i grew up) every March, but none of my friends ever wante to see them play. Now that I am an adult, I can do what I want and those poopy-heads can stay home.

I will be attending my first ever Harlem Globetrotters game tomorrow in Everett, Washington. I am a good bit excited. They used to play at George Mason University (about 10 minutes from where i grew up) every March, but none of my friends ever wante to see them play. Now that I am an adult, I can do what I want and those poopy-heads can stay home.

I don't remember it very well, but I saw them when I was pretty young when they came here. All I know is that it was awesome and I was sitting courtside somehow and my parents weren't there. :shrug:

Apparently they're coming here again in April, so I'll have to go again. Have a good time.

I don't remember it very well, but I saw them when I was pretty young when they came here. All I know is that it was awesome and I was sitting courtside somehow and my parents weren't there. :shrug:

Apparently they're coming here again in April, so I'll have to go again. Have a good time.

Apparently they come here every February, I vaguely recall seeing them advertised last year, but my brother didn't want to see them. He was my only transportation, so I didn't catch them. This year I am out here on my own, so there is nobody to stop me from going.

Couldn't find an apartment for next year. Then find a nice, huge one for $425 a month (I'll pay half rent) that's in a great location.

• Upvote 2

Got accepted to be a student volunteer for the American College of Sports Medicine Health and Fitness summit in Vegas.

It's going to be interesting being at the hotel pool, everyone will be in shape lawl

My stepdad's mom is leaving for some retirement home or whatever, so I'll soon be getting her Honda Civic LX (I think it's an '04 or '05). Currently drive a '00 Toyota Camry CE. The Camry is more spacious, but really, that's the only thing it has over the Civic. My Camry's A/C is fucked, battery sucks, and engine is meh. So, I'll gladly take the smaller Civic lol.