Sarge

The good news thread

Great news for you and your family, Thanatos.

Good to hear Thanatos, that's awesome news. What a wild emotional swing that must have been for your sister.

In b4 Stevo's school randomly drug test him.

In b4 Stevo's school randomly drug test him.

Nah, the teachers' unions may be inept when it comes to teaching salary/compensation/work load, but they made sure we don't get drug tested, not even initially to get hired.

Anyway, this brings up an interesting legal question. If I were to get tested, the result would obviously be positive, but it would be based on marijuana I smoked legally in the state of Colorado. Does that not matter if I test positive in another state? Oochymp!

I'm pretty sure it's a crime no matter what. I know when I was 19 if I got drunk in Canada, I couldn't get caught drunk once I got back to the US

Also smoking pot is a federal crime so that probably matters too.

Edited by blotsfan

Anyway, this brings up an interesting legal question. If I were to get tested, the result would obviously be positive, but it would be based on marijuana I smoked legally in the state of Colorado. Does that not matter if I test positive in another state? Oochymp!

short version: no, it doesn't matter

slightly longer version: drug testing for employment becomes a contract issue, basically if your employer can give you a drug test and penalize you for the result they can only do so because you agreed in your employment contract that you would take and pass drug tests or face sanctions as specified in the contract (within the scope of employment, basically stuff like docking you in pay, suspensions from work, termination, stuff like that) it has nothing to do with criminal sanctions, it's the same way that your employer can tell you not to drink on the job and can fire you for doing so, even though drinking is perfectly legal (assuming you're 21+, of course) or that the NFL can still suspend players who smoke weed in states where it's legal, in the NFL that stuff is in the CBA and incorporated by reference in players contracts

to Blots point, I'm pretty sure most underage drinking laws apply if someone under 21 has a specified BAC (something like .02) while most illicit drug laws are based on possession (probably because of how long other drugs stay in your system v. alcohol) which is why you would have trouble coming back from Canada drunk at 19

Edited by oochymp

Wait wut... congrats man.

• Upvote 1

Copycat.

Loljk congrats!

• Upvote 1

Congrats, Mav!

• Upvote 1

Copycat.

Loljk congrats!

Haha thanks. I didn't know you got engaged earlier in the month. Congrats man! Hope everything goes well. Has your fiancee already been talking nonstop about wedding planning like mine has?

And thanks Sarge and Razor.

Congrats Mav, and it's great to hear your sister's situation cleared up, Thanatos. I don't check this thread often enough.

• Upvote 1

So, I kinda got engaged over the weekend...

Doc-Rivers.gif

• Upvote 1

My cousin who is considerably older than me is a father for the first time. His sister had a baby at a young age so now I have two 2nd cousins.

• Upvote 2

My cousin who is considerably older than me is a father for the first time. His sister had a baby at a young age so now I have two 2nd cousins.

Your cousin is a father... because his sister had a baby at a young age? o_O

Your cousin is a father... because his sister had a baby at a young age? o_O

Lol. My cousin had a child in 2002 (the father isn't around) My first 2nd cousin. Her brother became a father just a few days ago. :yep:

Edited by Bay