Sarge

The good news thread

Drugs are for the week?

The week ends, stay in school kids and don't do crack

How did you get it? Did calling the manager help?

• Upvote 1

Yeah I think so. I called and asked if I could get an answer to whether I have a job or not because I have a job offer from McDonalds (I didn't lolz) but would rather work here, and he said he'd get back to me soon, so if anything it helped me stand out from the other candidates and let him know I wanted the job. I mean it's not like it's a hugely important job that I landed, but you gotta start somewhere so I'm excited to get going.

McDonalds is a surpringly tough place to get a job at, they never even called me back. :dry:

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 1

Bredy with the power play.

dhMeAzK.gif

• Upvote 1

Yeah I think so. I called and asked if I could get an answer to whether I have a job or not because I have a job offer from McDonalds (I didn't lolz) but would rather work here, and he said he'd get back to me soon, so if anything it helped me stand out from the other candidates and let him know I wanted the job. I mean it's not like it's a hugely important job that I landed, but you gotta start somewhere so I'm excited to get going.

McDonalds is a surpringly tough place to get a job at, they never even called me back. :dry:

McDonalds is struggling greatly and have no idea what the fuck they are doing. Their food used to be better, but now they made changes to their food and you still gain weight very quickly on it, so the change didn't help them, either.

Their problem is how expensive it's gotten. A crappy mcdonalds burger for $2 is one thing. For $6 I might as well go somewhere nicer.

Their problem is how expensive it's gotten. A crappy mcdonalds burger for $2 is one thing. For $6 I might as well go somewhere nicer.

wait, does anyone actually order stuff from McDonalds that's not on the dollar menu?

• Upvote 1

McDonalds is struggling because the service sucks and the prices are ridiculously if your trying to feed a family.

I think people are finally starting to eat healthier too. But that means, like blots said, that when they do want shitty food (health wise), they'll buy it somewhere else.

I also think kids don't like Happy Meals as much as our generation did. They don't seem nearly as popular anymore.

This kinda ties into what Blots said, but I think TRUE fast food places in general are starting to die out a little. They will never go away, but I think these days people are looking for more in their dining experiences. The super fast, low quality food is a thing of the past, in my opinion. People are willing to wait a little bit longer and pay a little bit more for something they feel is better quality.

McDonalds did finally catch on, but no matter how many healthier items they add or more 'premium burgers' (a trend a lot of places are doing) they are still super fast / crap at the heart of the business. Without a total image overhaul, I don't think there is much they can other than tread water.

2 1/2 years until my Army Reserve contract is up.

Been in for 3 1/2 already. Time flies, but I'm so fucking done with the bullshit. Honestly it's been a huge reason why I struggled with a lot of mental issues back in the day (worse than now)

Don't join the military unless you want to be fucked over or want to kill for a meaningless war while the communities of the ones you love around you are falling apart.

Got fired from my job today. It's more than likely a blessing in disguise.

I hate when you think you have beer vbut you don't.

what is this doing in the good news thread?

He bought beer

Three-day weekend. :notbad:

Three-day weekend. :notbad:

God bless 'Murica.

Best part about having off is still getting paid for the day. :cigar:

You lost a lot of weight, JD. Props. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Thanks man, work in progress.

I didn't realize you used to play Tight End for the Colts, JD.

• Upvote 1

I saw a dog that looks like Doge today, and I got to pet it. My life is now complete.

Such wow. :doge: