Sarge

The good news thread

Well my goal when I started working out hard was to eventually be able to bench 225 pounds and today I accomplished that goal. :rock:

Nice work, Ricky. What's your bench press plan look like?

Nice work, Ricky. What's your bench press plan look like?

As of right now I do a big chest day on Monday and as far as benching this is what I do..

Set of 15 (right now I usually do 135 for this).

Increase weight.

Set of 10 (155-165 range at the moment)

Increase weight

Set of 6-8 (175-185)

Increase weight

Set of 1-3 (205-210)

Decrease weight

Set of 4-6 (185)

Decrease weight

Set of 8-10 (155-165)

I do a lot of other chest stuff on that day as well (incline press with dumbells, flys, incline press machine, chest press machine and dips). In total I do about 30 sets of chest work on Monday and I also do a light chest on Thursday night (maybe like 10 sets on the press or something).

I'm pretty ballsy at the moment so I've set a pretty insane goal for someone like me who is 5'5" but I want to bench 300 by my birthday (May 23rd). I calculated it out and I'm going to try and increase my max by five pounds every two weeks. If I can get that done I'll hit it exactly on my birthday so I'll keep you guys updated. I mean my max in April was probably around 165 or 175 and I didn't start really hitting chest hard until Juneish and was able to get to 225 in a few months. Obviously it'll be tougher as I go but we'll see.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Hit me up if you want a good plan, I've got a few good ones you can try

Hit me up if you want a good plan, I've got a few good ones you can try

Awesome, if I'm not getting the results I want with this I'll definitely shoot you a message.

Sounds quite boring.

You know what's boring? Investing in the playoff chances of a MSU team that couldn't manage to beat Nebraska.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My brother's high school football team just capped off a perfect 11-0 season with a state championship in which he was the second leading tackler on defense and one of the two best offensive guards in his conference.

His team outscored their opponents 557 to 96 with the first string defense only giving up 61 points over 11 games. Offensively, they had two rushers who averaged over 13 yards a carry, two more who averaged over 9 a carry, and their quarterback had to average over 20 yards per completion with close to 20 TD passes. They were a multi-faceted, quick hit offense and a swarming, suffocating defense where my brother played MLB, specializing in gap discipline and A-gap blitzes on passing downs. He had to have at least 6 sacks. They were the hardest hitting high school team I've ever seen, constantly lighting people up. It was phenomenal to watch and unprecedented in their division of play.

As a coach this brings a single tear to my eye. State Championships are lasting memories for those young men Wish I could vote it up 10 times! Good stuff Bware!

You know what's boring? Investing in the playoff chances of a MSU team that couldn't manage to beat Nebraska.

I just don't understand how watching blowout after blowout would be fun. Tbh, that division they're playing in must be shit and I would be embarrassed.

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand how watching blowout after blowout would be fun. Tbh, that division they're playing in must be shit and I would be embarrassed.

I imagine its better when you have a personal connection to one of the players and want to see him succeed.

• Upvote 1

Pics or gtfo.

I've already showed them to some people here :shrug:.

As a coach this brings a single tear to my eye. State Championships are lasting memories for those young men Wish I could vote it up 10 times! Good stuff Bware!

To make it even better, it was a repeat championship. They ran the table after a week 3 loss last year and won it, and after an undefeated season this year, the program is on a 20 game winning streak.

As for Spartan Havoc--there's a difference between being better than everybody else because everybody else sucks and having a special group of seniors, 6 of whom should be unanimous All-Staters and simply being better than everybody else at an unprecedented level. They played several good teams during the season. They simply overwhelmed them with vicious hitting and the best speed in the state. The state has 4 classes: AAA, AA, A, and 9-man. They were a Class A team who would have been just as dominant in AA and would have at least challenged for the title in AAA.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

So, things didn't work out with that one girl. We just didn't have much of a connection after all.

SILVER LINING, THOUGH! The whole thing shot my confidence up and I've had a few girls approach me with their numbers. They're not the most attractive girls, but it's still cool. I might just become a ladies' man after all. :D

Most of the game is confidence. Girls can see that shit from a mile away. You carry yourself well and it'll usually translate, which isn't just a statement on dating, but life in general.

• Upvote 1

Most of the game is confidence. Girls can see that shit from a mile away. You carry yourself well and it'll usually translate, which isn't just a statement on dating, but life in general.

That's what I've noticed. What bugs me about the first girl is that she said yes when I suggested a date, and then when I texted her to set up the actual time and stuff she never responded. Maybe I didn't do anything wrong and that's just the way that was going to end. I probably won't ever find out. But... I'll just find a new girl to distract me. :D

Or devote more time to writing my book. :shifty:

Had a wonderful date on Tuesday and we're going out again tomorrow. Really like this girl so we'll see where it goes.

Congratz man, I'm happy for you.

Had a wonderful date on Tuesday and we're going out again tomorrow. Really like this girl so we'll see where it goes.

Pics :megusta: