Sarge

The good news thread

How did it go?

I just moved into a new apartment with really cool people I met here in Colombia. I'm loving this.

Won't get to know until either Friday or Wednesday I'm assuming. Both positions haven't been filled yet so they're probably still making a decision.

I didn't get either job, which makes me a sad cunt, but the supervisor told me he's gonna try to get me a raise anyway, so there's that. The job I applied for I had experience at (quality tech), but my fucking competition had a fucking engineering degree. Yeah, you read that right. A FUCKING ENGINEERING DEGREE. And still works here, lol.

I know I had no shot at lead, but I just wanted to throw my name out there.

Edited by Sparty

Where do you work?

Black and Decker powdered metal.

Maybe they see this as an in to move up in the company or she lied to you. Engineering degree people typically find jobs fast

Maybe they see this as an in to move up in the company or she lied to you. Engineering degree people typically find jobs fast

I know that, but she should be working somewhere else with THAT degree. The pay isn't much more (talking like 12 or 13 dollars an hour).

I didn't get either job, which makes me a sad cunt, but the supervisor told me he's gonna try to get me a raise anyway, so there's that. The job I applied for I had experience at (quality tech), but my fucking competition had a fucking engineering degree. Yeah, you read that right. A FUCKING ENGINEERING DEGREE. And still works here, lol.

I know I had no shot at lead, but I just wanted to throw my name out there.

This girl I used to work with at a restaurant had a chemical engineering degree :lol:

I finally found a health insurance provider that I could afford. $32.50/mo after the tax credit, $650 max out of pocket spent on medicine and drugs per year, and $300 max on emergency room visits with zero co-pay as long as you go in network. I haven't been to a doctor in three years, I think its time for a checkup, lol.

People can say what they like about the ACA and it certainly has its issues, but without it, I wouldn't be able to afford the $200+/mo for actual decent health insurance.

Oh and it also has dental with virtually the same conditions.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

God damn that's why better than what I got under the ACA. I'm a 62ish a month, 2.3k out of pocket max (already met it within 3 months), yep blew through that much money out of my savings because of my mental breakdown :lol:

I'm thinking of having my right hand rebroken and set right after I broke it on some dudes face years back but didn't have health insurance so just let it heal as is and it aches in cold weather/rain sometimes and there's this huge calcification knot where it healed on it's own, makes my hand feel a lot less stable. Might as well, already met out of pocket. :pls:

I know that, but she should be working somewhere else with THAT degree. The pay isn't much more (talking like 12 or 13 dollars an hour).

That's the thing man. When our economy is mostly service based now, people with these types of degrees gotta fight for a limited amount of jobs and the losers are left out here with the rest of us.

God damn that's why better than what I got under the ACA. I'm a 62ish a month, 2.3k out of pocket max (already met it within 3 months), yep blew through that much money out of my savings because of my mental breakdown :lol:

I'm thinking of having my right hand rebroken and set right after I broke it on some dudes face years back but didn't have health insurance so just let it heal as is and it aches in cold weather/rain sometimes and there's this huge calcification knot where it healed on it's own, makes my hand feel a lot less stable. Might as well, already met out of pocket. :pls:

You're probably making more than I am, though.

The Denver Broncos are still the defending super bowl champions.

New beginnings are great. :yep: Congrats.

• Upvote 1

During the years I spent working with college athletes I particularly enjoyed helping injured athletes get back in the game. This led me to decide to pursue a career in physical therapy and im fortunate to have landed a volunteer position with a sports physical therapy facility. Just the beginning but hopefully it leads to more opportunities down the road.

• Upvote 1