Sarge

The good news thread

Finally put pen to paper and I will be moving into my new apartment in a week or so.

• Upvote 2

New apartments are always fun. I am looking now myself.

Finally crossing Lincoln Financial Field off my sports bucket list this October, seeing Eagles/Cardinals with my parents, brother, and wife.

This is overdue. :towel:

• Upvote 2

Congrats, Zack. I remember a long time when you lost your old job. Things worked out better for you in the long run.

• Upvote 1

If you need security... I might know a guy ;)

Congrats tho ❤️

• Upvote 1

Congratulations, Socal!!! Here's to a relatively stress-free wedding planning and a happy future with the soon-to-be Mrs. Socal. :cheers:

Also, I'm probably reaching here, but has anyone ever told you you look like Kevin Bacon?

• Upvote 1

Congratulations, Socal!!! Here's to a relatively stress-free wedding planning and a happy future with the soon-to-be Mrs. Socal. :cheers:

Also, I'm probably reaching here, but has anyone ever told you you look like Kevin Bacon?

Fiance is already stressed on the wedding planning lol. Yeah I used to get Kevin Bacon regularly, not as much these days but now that I have longer hair again ill probably start hearing it more. My fiancé gets Chrissy Teigen on a daily basis so I guess we'll be that couple

As someone who has a wedding in a few days, I have two recommendations: 1) have the wedding at or extremely near a hotel, so the ceremony and reception are at the same place, and 2) have the wedding you and your fiance want, not whatever either person's parents want.

• Upvote 1

As someone who has a wedding in a few days, I have two recommendations: 1) have the wedding at or extremely near a hotel, so the ceremony and reception are at the same place, and 2) have the wedding you and your fiance want, not whatever either person's parents want.

Looks like sound advice. She's already worrying about accommodating everyone and I have been trying to get her to remember that its our day. If people want to be there they will find a way.

Looks like sound advice. She's already worrying about accommodating everyone and I have been trying to get her to remember that its our day. If people want to be there they will find a way.

Exactly. It's your wedding. It's your day. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with my fiance where she's said something like, "Well, __________ said that we should..." blah blah blah blah

Do what you want!

• Upvote 1

I finally had the balls (but really, I finally thought what the hell, I know enough Spanish and about life here) to get my own place. It's in a great neighborhood. Busting my ass at work is paying off big time.

• Upvote 2

Raising my beer glass in your direction, Ngata. Congratulations and cheers. :cheers:

• Upvote 1

Thanks gentleman, I am all for a party, just let a few of the wifey's paychecks hit. Then we can drink middle shelf because I am a cheap bastard. No Rip Van Winkle in my liquor cabinet :nope:

• Upvote 1