Sarge

The good news thread

My Dad is a season ticket holder for the Giants and I guess he somehow got it through that. :shrug:

Your dad's a season ticket holder and you're not a Giants fan? He must've fucked up raising you. :p

• Upvote 1

Your dad's a season ticket holder and you're not a Giants fan? He must've fucked up raising you. :p

His hatred for the Eagles wore off on me which led to me being a Bucs fan. :p I started getting into football in 2002, and when the Bucs pulled off the upset against the Eagles in 2002 NFC Championship game, I fell in love with the team. And I thought their logo was badass when I was like 9 or 10 lol.

Finally made my weight and can officially get signed up to go to MEPS and take the ASVAB and get moving on my military career. I will have to wait until Monday to find out when I can get to MEPS, though, so the weekend will be tough.

Finally made my weight and can officially get signed up to go to MEPS and take the ASVAB and get moving on my military career. I will have to wait until Monday to find out when I can get to MEPS, though, so the weekend will be tough.

Congrats man, I always had to get taped because I was a top heavy dude. I had about 13 percent body fat most of my career and yet could not make the weight, so when they taped me I always passed by ten percent.

That Asvab will go a long way into how much you enjoy your career by the jobs available, or do you know what you want to do ?

Congrats man, I always had to get taped because I was a top heavy dude. I had about 13 percent body fat most of my career and yet could not make the weight, so when they taped me I always passed by ten percent.

That Asvab will go a long way into how much you enjoy your career by the jobs available, or do you know what you want to do ?

The odd thing for me when I got taped for the second time, was that my body fat percentage went UP, but I lost 7 pounds. All of my weight is carried in my stomach, so most of the time people wouldn't even know it was there. Other than the gut, I am actually a rather slim guy.

I honestly don't know what I want to do when I get in, but it needs to be something that I can get promoted in rather quickly. I think that something like working as a translator would be really cool, though I don't know if I would qualify. At the same time, I want it to be something that I can parlay into a very good career after the Navy if I cannot make it to retirement for some reason.

My knee is almost ready to go. I'll have shoulder surgery on the 28th to remove a stitch in my shoulder and maybe repair a small rotator cuff tear. My pleurisy is clearing up. All this means that by end of October, I can begin training for Tough Mudder.

My knee is almost ready to go. I'll have shoulder surgery on the 28th to remove a stitch in my shoulder and maybe repair a small rotator cuff tear. My pleurisy is clearing up. All this means that by end of October, I can begin training for Tough Mudder.

How's your brainpiece?

• Upvote 1

1347748940[/url]' post='2425820']

How's your brainpiece?

Better and better as time goes on. I still have issues with short term memory and concentration, but neurologist says that can improve over time.

Better and better as time goes on. I still have issues with short term memory and concentration, but neurologist says that can improve over time.

That's good to hear. Still stuck at the hospital?

Just got assigned by first varsity football game in my young officiating career :rock:

That's good to hear. Still stuck at the hospital?

No, I was discharged yesterday, late afternoon. While I miss the diluadid, I'm glad to be home.

Officiated that varsity game. Line Judge. 51-14 game.

Scored a 78 (out of a max 99) on the ASVAB today. Pretty damn excited to see what rates are available to me when i get down to MEPS.

Shortly after waking up this morning, I discovered that I got a 98 on a probability exam that I thought I was in the 80-90 range for.

It was great because I didn't have to jerk off this morning. I saw the grade and came on the spot.

:D

• Upvote 1

The ant invasion has been defeated, thanks to Zack and science. :D

I got word today (email got to me at midnight which was kinda weird) that my research project/presentation has been selected as one of 20 that will be presented second semester in front of the school's board if I can get it fully complete in time. Which has me geeked to say the least because stuff like that is gonna be huge for when I go for my graduate degree in the future. :yep:

• Upvote 2

I got word today (email got to me at midnight which was kinda weird) that my research project/presentation has been selected as one of 20 that will be presented second semester in front of the school's board if I can get it fully complete in time. Which has me geeked to say the least because stuff like that is gonna be huge for when I go for my graduate degree in the future. :yep:

Congratulations, man.

• Upvote 1

Congrats, DMac!

What's your project about?

• Upvote 1

It happened a few weeks ago but I'm still stoked about it..

I own a ticket to Swedish House Mafia's farewell tour, IN LOS ANGELES! I'll be road tripping from Arkansas to Colorado to snowboard, then across to Cali. On the way back home, we're stopping at the Grand Canyon. It should be one of the biggest and best memories of my life.

Congratulations, man.

thanks broham

Congrats, DMac!

What's your project about?

Thanks man, its about designing a low cost, easy to build and maintain, Eco-efficient housing for Haitians that resists natural disasters.

Neither me or the professor who's been supervising me has a official name for it yet so we've been just calling it a lot of different things.

I own a ticket to Swedish House Mafia's farewell tour, IN LOS ANGELES! I'll be road tripping from Arkansas to Colorado to snowboard, then across to Cali. On the way back home, we're stopping at the Grand Canyon. It should be one of the biggest and best memories of my life.

I went to one of their shows in LA, they know how to get the crowd going. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Just won a game of b-ball with a literal buzzer beater. :)

Was even more good because I was off-target all day today, shots just weren't going in.

I saw them back in April at Coachella, you're in for a good one :yep:

This is my upcoming weekend plans..

Thursday: Red Hot Chili Peppers concert

Friday: Climb mountains with visiting family

Saturday: Sit on the 40yd line for Ole Miss @ Arkansas

Sunday: "Brews & Shoes" Horseshoe tournament

And if I get the call back from this construction company I interviewed with a few weeks ago, this could easily be the best week of my entire life. I'd be making twice as much as I do now and performing the work that I actually went to school for, aka dream job (project engineer).

• Upvote 2