Sarge

The good news thread

Congratulations, ATL. Good luck at UGA. :yep:

Yesterday, I received my acceptance letter from three different universities to major in criminal justice. They are, Lock Haven University of PA, University of Maryland, and University of Georgia. Easy decision, but I will be attending UGA this upcoming semester.

A lot of you may not exactly know much about me personally, but it has always been my goal to either be a business man or a police officer. Focusing hopefully on narcotics, or working with highway patrol. Currently, I'm an assistant manager at a Ruby Tuesday's and could easily be next in line to take over the management position at this RT, and possibly work my way up further along the chain in business. However, the food industry is not my thing, I love the people I work with and am in charge of, except the high stress constantly of the food business is something I don't want to work with my entire life.

Yeah, man..good luck at UGA.

:troll:

Congrats, ATL

UGA is one of the schools that I might apply to for my masters, maybe I will see you in a few years

Ever since the beginning of September, I've been tracking all of my financial transactions to keep a close eye on my budget. After piling up over $100 of debt Obama style in September, I'm proud to announce I've gone Clinton up in here and produced a $119 budget surplus for the month of October. :rock:

Ever since the beginning of September, I've been tracking all of my financial transactions to keep a close eye on my budget. After piling up over $100 of debt Obama style in September, I'm proud to announce I've gone Clinton up in here and produced a $119 budget surplus for the month of October. :rock:

I've been doing something like that since March. I've kept a running sort of log every time I spend money (what I spend it on and where). Mostly reminds me "where my money went" since I wonder that a lot. :D

Anyways...

Just got a letter from Buffalo State that all requirements for my baccalaureate degree will be met upon me successfully completing this semester so it just becomes more official that I will be done in December. :rock:

Congrats to all of you with educational milestones.

To follow up on my weekend...

RHCP is the shit. Flea is the best bassist I've ever seen.

The Peabody Hotel can throw a hell of a Halloween party. I was a cheeseburger.

I can't wait for our real coach to be hired and handle business. Go to hell John L.

Heard nothing on the project engineer job yet so keeping fingers crossed.

Other than that, got tickets to homecoming in Fayetteville so I'll be partying it up again.

2 separate cousins had their kids. One other cousin is expecting shortly.

A completely different cousin got engaged (I have a lot of cousins on that side of the family)

Found out I could graduate college in December of next year if I wanted to, so 3.5 years for a 4 year degree, but decided that I am going to go the whole year and take 12 credit hours per instead of 15, and have a couple of extra classes.

Last surgery of the year for me. 6 weeks and I start preparing for Tough Mudder. I need to hit the gym hard to recover all the muscle loss from recover time from knee, shoulder x2 and gallbladder.

Got promoted at my job from an officer to a sergeant... I still get paid minimum wage, and I have to work more hours... But I also get more authority. :D

Where do you work? Sounds like a military job obviously but I had no idea you served.

Twinkies may not be going away after all. A company called "Grupo Bimbo" from mexico is thinking of buying Hostess.

800px-Bimbotruck.JPG

Grupo_Bimbo_Logo.jpg

:rofl:

All aboard the Bimbo truck!

Edited by Sarge

Twinkies may not be going away after all. A company called "Grupo Bimbo" from mexico is thinking of buying Hostess.

Grupo_Bimbo_Logo.jpg

:rofl:

All aboard the Bimbo truck!

so that's the company that sponsors the Philadelphia Union

philaunion-300x300.jpg

6a00e54ef2975b8833017c3203b8ce970b-450wi.jpg

I'd wondered who would name themselves 'bimbo'

Edited by oochymp

No matter who your team is, you can be glad its not the Jets.

My buddy just told me his friend can't go to the Eagles vs Panthers game on Monday night and asked if I wanted the ticket for $20. Lower level seats. I'd have to skip class if I went.

Yay or nay?

My buddy just told me his friend can't go to the Eagles vs Panthers game on Monday night and asked if I wanted the ticket for $20. Lower level seats. I'd have to skip class if I went.

Yay or nay?

Depends on the class. How hard is it, what's your grade, do you have a test coming up, etc.

Finished the semester with 2 A+'s, 1 A, and 1 B. Time to enjoy winter break and relax for a few weeks.

Applied for graduation today...if all goes well this semester I'll graduate with two bachelor's degrees, one in public administration and the other in economics.

Awesome. Best of luck dude. Hope it all works out!

I clutched my seemingly impossible AP Exam and got my grade from a 91 to a 93 (with the help of other grades) in the course of a week. :D

If I hold through with the rest of my exams, I'll be finishing this semester with a minimum of a 3.85 GPA. :party:

My town's math competition was today and I was 2nd. Regional competition is next.

• Upvote 2