DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Eastern Conference thread

They should find that fan and take away his tickets. I think that happened to the guy who threw the beer at artest.

ESPN says that the Celtics are 3-10 in Closing a series in game 6. I'm just saying. Maybe I saw the stat wrong. But I have a little hope Heat can take the next 2 wins! LET'S GO HEAT!

Yeah i seen that today too. I picked Heat when i saw that. I think Heat next game too. Lebron finally attacking. He keeps it up its over. I think the game comes down to 2 points. Either somebody going to hit a GW or someone is going to miss a tying bucket. Its got that feel. I hope so, would be a damn good game.

Guest Phailadelphia

Stop being such a fucking cry baby over it.

Was it wrong by the fan to pour a beer on him? Absolutely. But it happens all the time in sports. Not that big of a deal. Not even LeBron gave much of a fuck about beer getting poured on his shoulder. Every fanbase has some bad apples... even your precious Thunder. Enough with the broad generalizations.

It's hilarious that you're pretending fans of anything in or around Boston aren't the most classless fans in sports. This isn't an isolated incident.

lol 2 negs already. Did I strike a nerve? :laugh:

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's hilarious that you're pretending fans of anything in or around Boston aren't the most classless fans in sports. This isn't an isolated incident.

They arent. Boston may have some asshole fans, but so does Pittsburgh. Clev. List could go on. I know alot of Boston fans who know their basketball.

It's hilarious that you're pretending fans of anything in or around Boston aren't the most classless fans in sports

Not denying that Boston has plenty of absolute scumbag fans. But I'd say Philly and NY have an edge over them.

This isn't an isolated incident.

1 guy out of 20,000 other people in the arena? Nah, not isolated at all.

lol 2 negs already. Did I strike a nerve? :laugh:

Nope. Just think crying over a beer being spilled on a player is kind of pathetic. :shrug:

I lol at the people who just assumed the Celtics would close out in Game 6. I also lol at the people who assume the Heat are going to win Game 7. They play for a reason, nothing from the past six games matter, it is one game to determine it all. I could easily see Boston winning.

With that said, I'll take Miami in this one.

I don't know why everyone wrote off the Heat in this game. The odds were in Boston's favor, but when you've got the best player in the world anything can happen.

My prediction still stands - Heat to finals.

I don't know why everyone wrote off the Heat in this game. The odds were in Boston's favor, but when you've got the best player in the world anything can happen.

My prediction still stands - Heat to finals.

Nobody is that stupid to write off arguably the best team in the league..

Last nights game was nothing less than amazing from LBJ. He finally found what he needed to do to defeat the Celtics. Attack, attack, attack. Why he didn't figure this out from the start? That's beyond me. Hopefully he continues this tomorrow and into the Finals.

A Celtics fan poured beer all over Lebron as he was walking into the tunnel after the game. Classless fucks. It's so easy to dislike Boston fans.

any large group of people will contain at least a few assholes, so it only makes sense that every fan base will include some assholes, just because one of those assholes got a ticket close enough to the tunnel to throw beer at Lebron doesn't reflect on the entire fan base IMO

Celtic fans are one of the best in the league. I couldn't believe how many of them were chanting and cheering for their team up until the final buzzard. I was very impressed and proud. Night and day difference from the mostly fair weather, Hollywood-esque fans of Miami. It is too bad that one douche bag decided to taint a classy showing by throwing beer at Bron but #1 it was just one dumb ass fan and #2 he didn't get drenched, it was like a spray but w.e. Point is it was just one dumb ass fan, like oochy said, it doesn't reflect a fan base.

Anyways, with game 6 aside, I'm looking forward to game 7. I'm taking Boston. I've said all along it would be a 7 game series. I thought Miami had the advantage but after seeing the series play out I know Boston is more than capable. Lebron cannot, I repeat CANNOT, replicate that kind of performance again. I also don't think Boston will replicate their shit exection and shooting.

I give all the props in the world to Bron. He fucking played lights out, perfect basketball. It was amazing to see. As he was making some of these shots I just sat there and said, "WOW". With that being said, Boston just played the worst game of these playoffs. They were 1-14 in 3 pointers I believe. Pierce had 9 points, KG had 12 with only 6 boards? I mean it couldn't get worse. They missed SO MANY open shots. They would claw back within 9-10 of the Heat, miss and open 3 or 2 and then Miami would get on another 5 point run.

I honestly feel a little disappointed in the performance they put on in front a sold out, home court. The Heat are good enough to beat us so I have no problems swallowing a defeat but when you come out and play like shit for 48 minutes on your home court, its fucking disgraceful.

Lets see who wants it more.

• Upvote 2

I want it more, so with that being sad. The Heat win the series. Called it! lol

IF your gonna call Celtics fans classless, then I'm not sure what you could even call Lebron.

I want it more, so with that being sad. The Heat win the series. Called it! lol

Dude,it's about Miami or Boston wanting it more,not you..lol

It's so easy to dislike Boston fans.

It's so easy to dislike the team too. They are some of the biggest whiners in the game. I can't stand Pierce and Garnett and Rondo really pisses me off too.

It's so easy to dislike the team too. They are some of the biggest whiners in the game. I can't stand Pierce and Garnett and Rondo really pisses me off too.

Say what? I haven't seen them whine much all series, and Garnett has never been one to bitch very much. Pierce, on the other hand, can be bad, but isn't always bad like DWade or Chris Paul. Otherwise, I don't see the Celtics whine all that much. Rondo gets his shit kicked a lot without a foul call, so I don't mind his whining.

Dude,it's about Miami or Boston wanting it more,not you..lol

I know lmao, I was just being silly. If LeBron really wants to shut the critics up and I'm sure he does, he will go insane tomorrow and take Miami to the next round. Bosh should play better this time around and so should the Celtics, I'm giving the edge to Miami tomorrow.

I'm giving the edge to Miami tomorrow.

Shocker. :p

I didn't want to spam the Finals thread with this talk but my thoughts on next year's Celtics:

1. They should and probably will keep KG. He's healed from knee surgery and proved hes still a good player. Given the fact that he can play the 4 or 5, still gets you at least 15 and 10 and is the heart of the team, he's retiring in Boston.

2. Let Ray Allen walk. I dont think he has much of anything left. Maybe once he removes the bone spurs and gets healthy, he will be better but either way, Bradley is the guy I want starting so unless Ray resigns with the understanding he's coming off the bench, hes better off finding a team ready to make a championship run in need of a shooter.

3. Pierce can still give us good games but we desperately need a SF that can come in for him and limit his minutes.

Pierce is retiring a Celtic, that's a given fact. They're not going to part ways with him. Besides he's still under contract for the next two years in Boston.

Pierce is retiring a Celtic, that's a given fact. They're not going to part ways with him. Besides he's still under contract for the next two years in Boston.

He had his moments in this series (3 ball game 5), but otherwise he sucked. I wouldn't mind if they moved him somehow.

Guest Phailadelphia

Nah, they don't need to move Pierce. They just need to surround him with younger talent. Allow him to enter his twilight years gracefully playing as a 3rd option or even coming off the bench.