DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Western Conference thread

I did watch it. Bad call or not, Memphis was up 26 and should not have even put themselves in a position to lose. That game is ENTIRELY on their awful effort and 4th quarter adjustments (or lack thereof, on both counts).

I have no doubt Memphis will win this series. Maybe even in 5 games. But they lost that game tonight, not the refs.

Regardless of whether or not they should have been in that position, superstars should not get unearned free throws with less than a minute left. Can we tolerate it for 3 and a half quarters? Yes, but as soon as the fourth quarter gets under that 6 minute mark, the refs need to cut the shit.

• Downvote 1

I did watch it. Bad call or not, Memphis was up 26 and should not have even put themselves in a position to lose. That game is ENTIRELY on their awful effort and 4th quarter adjustments (or lack thereof, on both counts).

I have no doubt Memphis will win this series. Maybe even in 5 games. But they lost that game tonight, not the refs.

:clap:

I still stick to my guns saying that the Clippers win the series, but this comment is spot on.

Regardless of whether or not they should have been in that position, superstars should not get unearned free throws with less than a minute left. Can we tolerate it for 3 and a half quarters? Yes, but as soon as the fourth quarter gets under that 6 minute mark, the refs need to cut the shit.

:deadhorse:

Lol... Man bad reffing exists and cost games. I hate when people dont accept the fact itstrue. Thats why underground betting will always exist becuz fans wanna deny the fact reffin can be dark. Open ur eyes its happened before, what makes u think it wont happen again? Or isnt happening? Not every game but it does happen in alot of games. Human error. U cant be ok with that. If the technologoy of instant reply exists and ur too impatient to wait five mins to get the call right ur a dumbass. Who cares if it makes the game longer , at least itll be called right every time.

• Downvote 1

One five minute break isn't bad. Having one for every close call would add over an hour to a basketball game.

Guest Phailadelphia

Lol... Man bad reffing exists and cost games. I hate when people dont accept the fact itstrue. Thats why underground betting will always exist becuz fans wanna deny the fact reffin can be dark. Open ur eyes its happened before, what makes u think it wont happen again? Or isnt happening? Not every game but it does happen in alot of games. Human error. U cant be ok with that. If the technologoy of instant reply exists and ur too impatient to wait five mins to get the call right ur a dumbass. Who cares if it makes the game longer , at least itll be called right every time.

Dealing with bad calls is part of the game. If they added on 5 minutes to review every bad call no one would watch the games. You'd spend more time sitting around on your hands than watching your team play.

• Upvote 2

Terrible arguments are terrible.

• Upvote 1

Terrible arguments are terrible.

Says the guy who just posted one lol. Dont like it just scroll on down and ignore it.

• Downvote 1

Dealing with bad calls is part of the game. If they added on 5 minutes to review every bad call no one would watch the games. You'd spend more time sitting around on your hands than watching your team play.

Where is it part of the game? because u allow it to? No thats just something people allow. If people didnt allow shit like that it wouldnt be in sports. But since u make that argument, it will continue. The better team doesnt always win. At LEAST acknowledge it when the games over. Its not just ONE team, hell it happens to every team at some point. IDK about u but a hour of ball is fine with me, i lvoe the sport , same with football. One more hour with it and thats fine with me.

• Downvote 1

Where is it part of the game? because u allow it to? No thats just something people allow. If people didnt allow shit like that it wouldnt be in sports. But since u make that argument, it will continue. The better team doesnt always win. At LEAST acknowledge it when the games over. Its not just ONE team, hell it happens to every team at some point. IDK about u but a hour of ball is fine with me, i lvoe the sport , same with football. One more hour with it and thats fine with me.

Something people allow? What? What do you want to do, march on Stern's office? It'd take a hell of a lot more time to use IR on every single foul call.

Oh come the fuck on, Mikey.

Memphis was up 26 points. Phail is spot on. When you're up 26 in a basketball game, I don't give a fuck what happens, it's not the ref's fault for giving a foul with under a minute to go. Let's ignore all the rest of everything that happened that allowed the other team to get close enough that those free throws make the difference.

You really want to instant replay every single foul?

You're the dumbass here.

"Who cares if it makes the game longer." It'd make the game last seven hours.

Wait what? So its okay for the refs to call a completely horrible game, so long as in the last six minutes they clean up their act and call a good last six minutes?

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Something people allow? What? What do you want to do, march on Stern's office? It'd take a hell of a lot more time to use IR on every single foul call.

Memphis was up 26 points. Phail is spot on. When you're up 26 in a basketball game, I don't give a fuck what happens, it's not the ref's fault for giving a foul with under a minute to go. Let's ignore all the rest of everything that happened that allowed the other team to get close enough that those free throws make the difference.

You really want to instant replay every single foul?

You're the dumbass here.

"Who cares if it makes the game longer." It'd make the game last seven hours.

I didnt say this game, i just said in general bad reffing exist. Get off my fucking nuts bro real shit. Your starting to annoy me again. Ima dumbass bcuz im explaining a obvious problem in sports AND expressing my opinion of it? Ok that makes sense. I didnt say every foul but the ones u can tell are bullshit yes. And btw im guessing u forgot the whole ref thing a couple years ago right? Bcuz it neverrr happens *sarcasm.

No more like stop going to games/watching it. Thats the reason why anything in this country ( going a lil off topic here for a sec ) wont be fixed properly by the people bcuz no one does anything. It takes majority to win something and thats not always the right thing. BTW i didnt call anyone out on here by dumbass like u addressed me. Dont get tough ok.

Thank you. That makes so much sense.

Guest Phailadelphia

The officiating in that game was ATROCIOUS.

The officiating in that game was ATROCIOUS.

Aye. That game further cemented my hatred for Nowitzki.

Guest Phailadelphia

OKC is closing games like a veteran team. Love it.

• Upvote 1

Dallas is really fucking themselves. No disrespect to OKC, they played great but Dallas had a chance to win both games and fucked it up. First game was turnovers. This time, their up by 2 under 2 minutes to go and Dirk misses a wide open 3. He makes it and their up by 5 with 1:30 to go.

It was impressive to see OKC win this game with their FT shooting. It also looks like D-Fish is waking up in OKC which sucks for their competition.

I'm loving this series. I knew it would be fun.

• Upvote 1

It's always cool to see a young team coming into its own. I expected them to win this series though, and I still do. I want to see if they can keep it going all the way into the finals. They have all the pieces. Now they put it all together and keep it that way.

No more like stop going to games/watching it. Thats the reason why anything in this country ( going a lil off topic here for a sec ) wont be fixed properly by the people bcuz no one does anything. It takes majority to win something and thats not always the right thing. BTW i didnt call anyone out on here by dumbass like u addressed me. Dont get tough ok.

Don't get tough? Why is it that with you, if someone calls you out on something, you immediately relate it to something physical. I called you a dumbass because you called anyone who disagreed with you a dumbass, contrary to your statement above.

If the technologoy of instant reply exists and ur too impatient to wait five mins to get the call right ur a dumbass. Who cares if it makes the game longer , at least itll be called right every time.

• Downvote 1

Dallas is really fucking themselves. No disrespect to OKC, they played great but Dallas had a chance to win both games and fucked it up. First game was turnovers. This time, their up by 2 under 2 minutes to go and Dirk misses a wide open 3. He makes it and their up by 5 with 1:30 to go.

It was impressive to see OKC win this game with their FT shooting. It also looks like D-Fish is waking up in OKC which sucks for their competition.

I'm loving this series. I knew it would be fun.

Yeah, we really are.

I wasn't really expecting to beat OKC, but not because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot, just because I expected to be outplayed by a better team. Dallas could easily be up 2-0.

Really don't see how anyone can hate Nowitski. Refs were pretty bad both ways in that game.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

Don't get tough? Why is it that with you, if someone calls you out on something, you immediately relate it to something physical. I called you a dumbass because you called anyone who disagreed with you a dumbass, contrary to your statement above.

How is that relating to physcial I just said dont get tough. Did i said ill do anything to u from it? No. If i did im sure Blue woulda said something. And yeah but theres a difference saying that and then telling someone straight up like u did me. Plus u extra bias towards me already. Its funny bcuz when i read ur replies u really arent spot on with basketball specially so its funny how u think u could compete in talking in it with me haha. You say i say stupid things, well im normally right on in this catagory so what u got for me now? You cant argue with me in this sport, i suggest u find someone else to neg.

• Downvote 1

I picked the Thunder to win it all this year facing Miami in the finals. KD is my next fav player to Kobe and with Westbrook its a hard duo to stop. Ibaka and Perkins presence inside is tough to drive in or score in the post. Ibaka is a straight blocker and Perkins size is hard too move. Fisher is really a good pickup too. He may not be effective as a scorer but thats another guy who can take that final shot for yall and come thru in the clutch. Adding him was the final peice imo. Playoff Leadership.

How is that relating to physcial I just said dont get tough. Did i said ill do anything to u from it? No. If i did im sure Blue woulda said something. And yeah but theres a difference saying that and then telling someone straight up like u did me. Plus u extra bias towards me already. Its funny bcuz when i read ur replies u really arent spot on with basketball specially so its funny how u think u could compete in talking in it with me haha. You say i say stupid things, well im normally right on in this catagory so what u got for me now? You cant argue with me in this sport, i suggest u find someone else to neg.

"I can't argue with you in this sport." Lol. You are the most arrogant asshole on here, bud. Don't think I've forgotten that you once told me that "everyone on here sucks each other's dicks, their football knowledge isn't really good" and that you "were nearly always right and they always are just ganging up on you." You think you're this great reservoir of knowledge of all sports, not just basketball, and that you're better than us. You aren't.

Not to mention everyone else on here seems to disagree with you about your comment on the refs, not just me. You refuse to actually debate the points I bring, and immediately make it personal, even making your status telling me to hop off, whatever the fuck that means. Maybe I neg you because you're saying things that are completely stupid, and not because of some personal bias, but you never bother to actually debate.

There is no difference between saying what you said and what I said, since we all disagreed with your position, you're calling all of us dumbasses. Don't deny your intent just because you didn't specifically call someone out.

I could care less what your opinion of my basketball knowledge is.

If you want to actually debate, then do so. But don't expect people not to comment when you say something completely stupid.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1