Bay

Are the Rams going to compete for the division in 2012?

Rams are probably a year or two away.

That's just it though. We can't forget that one year ago, the Rams won this division at, what, 7-9? Close to a respectable .500 could very conceivably compete for this division. They all have to play the AFC East and NFC North. Plus everyone gets camp, OTAs, etc.. this season. Who knows what kind of effect that had one what teams. I feel like we'll get a better picture of what this division will look like going forward this year.

S.F. caught lightning in a bottle in 2011 and beat up on a horrendous division while also benefiting from a meh schedule. I'm not trying to take anything away from that defense. What they did was nothing short of impressive, but they aren't the 2000 Ravens nor '85 Bears, and I'm not ready to bet the farm on Alex Smith either. Also, everything on the table, this team caught a lot of teams off guard. No one, not even Niner fans, saw that season coming.

I guess what I'm saying, to sum it up, is S.F. has something to prove this season, and if they don't I think this division is a toss-up with the Rams right in the thick of things.

It was the Seahawks not the Rams have to remember the guy coaching the 49ers at the time though that situation with Singletary was so unstable.

Edited by Sacks98

It was the Seahawks not the Rams have to remember the guy coaching the 49ers at the time though that situation with Singletary was so unstable.

Didn't the Seahawks and Rams have the same 7-9 record that year?

Anyway, the Rams have made really good moves. Signing Kendall Langford, Cortland Finnegan and Scott Wells as well as drafting Brockers & Jenkins have made the team substantially better than last year. The Rams are a receiving core away from competing in the division.

Didn't the Seahawks and Rams have the same 7-9 record that year?

Anyway, the Rams have made really good moves. Signing Kendall Langford, Cortland Finnegan and Scott Wells as well as drafting Brockers & Jenkins have made the team substantially better than last year. The Rams are a receiving core away from competing in the division.

Yep but the Seahawks owned the tie breakers so we won the division.

I could easily see the 49ers take a step back as well, but I don't think the Rams are the team in position to battle for the division. It is likely the Seahawks who battle them if that were to happen.

My bad. Mind said Seahawks, fingers said Rams. Still, my conclusion remains the same. :p

Don't think the Rams are there yet...I will put my money on Arizona to give the 49ers the biggest challenge for the division. A good young defense, with many different offensive weapons...if the quarterback play is consistently average at the least...I could see them taking the division.

Good job guys. Didn't think this would bring that much discussion. :clap: