Favre4Ever

Ravens LB Terrell Suggs Tears Achilles

Report from Adam Schefter.

Ravens LB Terrell Suggs tore his achilles playing basketball.

Out for 2012.

Damn, huge blow for the Ravens. These fucking random injuries are the worst.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!! PLAYING FUCKING BASKETBALL... BASKETBALL!!!!!!!

:facepalm:

Time for Kruger to keep ballin, Kindle to not be a bust, and Upshaw to step in day 1!

• Upvote 2

Well God damn it. The season has not even started and we are not healthy. :censored:

You should be relieved then, Ngata.

Terrell Suggs has come out and said he did not tear it playing basketball, but instead while running for a conditioning test.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!! PLAYING FUCKING BASKETBALL... BASKETBALL!!!!!!!

:facepalm:

Time for Kruger to keep ballin, Kindle to not be a bust, and Upshaw to step in day 1!

On another note....+1 to your sig that I have saved at sent to 37 people lol

• Upvote 2

That's two serious season-ending injuries already, one in the NFC (Jason Peters) and one in the AFC. Really tough loss for the Ravens. Time to see how much depth they have, I guess.

Amazing how he can only miss about 3 games in 8 years in such a contact sport but then get injured for an entire season due to conditioning. Off-season injuries are the worst.

Well, damn.

I guess he 'Balled too hard'.

This is a rough, rough injury. Achilles are hard as hell to recover from. It's rare to see a guy return to form after an Achilles tear.

Edited by NaTaS

via PFT

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has confirmed that he suffered a torn Achilles tendon while working out last week, but he says that’s not as bad as it sounds.

Suggs told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols that he suffered only a “partial Achilles tear” and will be back on the field by the middle of the 2012 season.

The initial reports on Suggs’ injury suggested that he would miss the entire season (as players who suffer Achilles tears usually do), but Suggs said those reports will simply serve as motivation for him and “make it so much sweeter when I run out of that tunnel and prove everyone wrong.”

In fact, Suggs believes that he’ll be playing at a higher level than ever before when he gets back on the field.

“I’ve never had a real bad injury before,” Suggs said. “Sometimes you have to go through something like this to make you better.”

It’s hard to imagine Suggs being better than he was in 2011, when he was the NFL’s defensive player of the year. But the mere fact that Suggs believes he’ll be on the field at all is very good news for the Ravens.

I remember when Ryan Clady did the same thing. lul.

Sickening.

Oh, shit... what a bad break for the Ravens.

I hope for a quick and full recovery.

I must say that I love his optimism.

Sucks for the Ravens big time. He was their game changer. More so than Ray Lewis. On this note though, this is the PERFECT opportunity for Sergio Kindle to get some game time snaps and use them to his advantage. Maybe get back into shape and start playing well. Or, not. :p

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to SI's Peter King, Ravens RE/OLB Terrell Suggs (Achilles) "thinks he'll be playing football in November."

It's notable only in that Suggs said last week he thought he might be back by October. The reality is, a firm timetable for Suggs' return won't exist until after he undergoes surgery on Tuesday. He's all but certain to begin the year on the PUP list. King believes No. 35 pick Courtney Upshaw will pick up the bulk of Suggs' lost snaps. May 7 - 11:51 AM

Source: Sports Illustrated