Vin

What keeps bringing you back to TGP?

Pretty straightforward question. TGP has been around going on six years now. I'm curious what it is, after all this time, that keeps bringing you back?

For me, in the beginning it was the discussions; but now (and it's been this way for quite a while) it's the people. You all are pretty awesome. :yep:

I used to share my football discussion time with this and FF, but after getting banned on FF for making a tebow joke, I've stayed around here. :yep:

• Upvote 1

The relaxed atmosphere and the diverse backgrounds of the people here keep things interesting. There's always something new to learn and it's enjoyable to do so.

The people. Definitely the people.

I've always loved to learn new things and share what I know. I also love football, as well as many other topics, which TGP has. I've also enjoyed all of the personalities. :)

seanbrock's avatar.

• Upvote 1

The people, the arguments, the diversity, and being able to discuss football in a somewhat mature environment with very little trolling going on. I also appreciate the commitment the staff has made to us in continuously making improvements to the site that accommodate the needs of the posters. It's something we take for granted on here but it's very much a positive that keeps me coming back.

Sorry for grammar, spelling. Need sleep.

• Upvote 2

The people. There's a good difference in personalities and opinions. I especially like that the board has a mixture of fans of different teams, and pretty much everyone will post on all different sections of the board, not just the area of their favorite team. You don't commonly go to other boards and see a mixture of Bucs, Broncos, Steelers, and Cowboy fans all commenting on something going on with a separate team like the Rams for example, and actually having a good discussion about the topic. It aids in developing knowledge and opinions of other teams from different types of fans.

I also like that there's a good group of active posters, rather than a cluster of some good posters mixed in with 100 retards like every other board I've tried out. (I'm looking at you, Pewterreport).

Basically what everyone else has said. The first message board I was on was a lot like TGP in that there was a large core group of intelligent members and that's what kept the board alive for so many years. Once it died out, I joined TGP and it's felt about the same ever since, despite the fact that the other board had nothing to do with sports.

-People

-Variety of topics

-The Shout Box

Least myopic football fans on the internet, AINEC.

I also like the diversity of the different football team fans we have here. The specific team bias is pretty much at an all time low.

We have a lot of members, but we're all pretty close and I like that about this forum. It's not like CBS or NFL where half the time you don't know the member posting.

It's habit at this point to visit TGP almost anytime I go on the internet. It's the only forum I go on so consistently. The discussion is great, most people on here can hold their own in an argument. And I feel like reading all these discussions and arguments makes all of us better and gain more knowledge.

We all have favorite teams but I'd say thanks to this site I know just as much about the other 31 teams as the New York Jets. Which is a great thing in my opinion.

Also I think for some of us who have been here 5 years or so we've talked to each other almost on a regular basis so for some of us we've seen each other change and mature. I think it's a very open place when we're just discussing life in general and I consider some of you probably closer than some of my friends that I actually get to see a lot.

Yea, a lot of us have graduated high school together on here and some of us college now.

Well for someone who's neither American nor Canadian,I came here to discuss the sports that aren't very common in my country..This forum is very different from the other ones I've been on,there are nearly no trolls and you can always feel comfortable when you spend your time..The people here are awesome and I always enjoy a good discussion with them..

Nothing ninja.gif

Back when I frequented, it was probably the people and those stupid signature bars laugh.gif. Since then, life's gotten in the way and I don't usually even think to come here. Today's my first day on here in a long time. I should probably come back and discuss things more often.

Since I haven't been very active in a while, there are quite a few new people I don't know and quite a few people who changed their names countless times, so I don't know that I know them. That doesn't really have anything to do with the question, just an observation.

Pretty much all the reasons already stated above that I couldn't word better myself.

Idk really I think I originally stayed here because of the people. Now when I want to talk football it's my default website. Nothing but quality topics + discussion most of the time.

The CYBERsex :rolleyes:

Definitely the people like everyone else has said. The shout box is a great feature where I spend 95% of my time on here. Everyone puts up with my incessant fitness and nutrition discussion, too :D

For the bitches and the hoes...

-The people for sure.

-Variety of topics.

And the other reasons listed above. :tgp: forever!