Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I've read that Wesley Snipes has been trying to do a live action Black Panther film since the early 90s. I honestly think it could work really well with the right script and actor. If you connect if to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which it obviously would, people would go see it. I'd like to see both Black Panther and Ant-Man get their own movies and appear in Avengers 2. But we're lucky if we even get one.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/05/is-a-black-panther-movie-happening

Black Panther, oft-discussed as a possible Marvel movie, now appears to be on track to make his big-screen debut.

Latino Review, who are in the Marvel scoop business these days (and claim they have four different "trusted" sources in the know), says that a film about the Wakandan prince (or king, depending on the story) T'Challa is in the pipeline and is apparently intended to be released after Captain America 2 (which hits in April of 2014).

That would certainly line Black Panther up for inclusion in The Avengers 2. And don't forget, Marvel did hire a writer named Mark Bailey to pen the script back in January of 2011. LR says word has it that script is "fantastic." And we did see Wakanda on a map in Iron Man 2…

Wesley Snipes was attached to a Black Panther film at Columbia and Artisan way back in the 1990s, before Marvel had, ahem, assembled the movie rights to most of their characters.

That is amazing news if true. I'd be pumped to see a Black Panther movie. I hope Ant-Man is coming too.

Supposedly DC/Warner Bros. has someone writing a Justice League script.....

While Disney and Marvel were busy shooting "The Avengers" last year, Warner Brothers quietly began getting its own all-star superhero pic back on track, tapping "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall to write "Justice League," based on the WB-controlled stable of DC Comics superheroes.

Warner Bros. had no comment on the top-secret hire, which, due to its timing, was more in anticipation of -- rather than a reaction to -- the box office success of "The Avengers."

Beall has yet to turn in his "Justice League" script, though he has become a favorite scribe of Warners. He's writing the studio's "Lethal Weapon" reboot and its remake of "Logan's Run," which is expected to reteam "Gangster Squad" thesp Ryan Gosling with his "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn. Warners will release "Gangster Squad" on Sept. 7.

Warners originally tried to mount a "Justice League" movie several years ago, with George Miller directing from a script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney. That iteration was set to star Adam Brody as the Flash, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman and then-newcomer Armie Hammer as Batman. Back in January 2008, the studio cited a lack of tax breaks as the main reason it pulled the plug on the project, which also needed a rewrite that wasn't possible because of the writers' strike.

DC Comics is a vital component of Warner Bros.' intellectual property, as "Green Lantern" scribes Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green were tapped to write "The Flash" for director Greg Berlanti, while another "Green Lantern" scribe, Michael Goldenberg, was hired to write "Wonder Woman." Additionally, Brad Peyton is working on a new draft of "Lobo," while John Kamps and David Koepp are developing "Spy vs. Spy" as a potential directing vehicle for Ron Howard. WB also developed the "Aquaman" property several years ago.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055082

Still don't know why the guys involved in GL are involved in this... Kinda fail move by WB.

Let's hope that Hal Jordan (come on John Stewart!) is re-cast. Justice League: The Movie, now featuring Ryan Reynolds!!!! As Wally West.

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Yes, keep Ryan Reynolds as far away from this as possible. He shouldn't even be allowed on set to deliver coffee and donuts.

We'll see if this gets greenlit, but it is interesting that DC is looking to push ahead with Justice League sooner than later.

Here is a little bit of an update with what DC/WB is planning. They have several movies lined up potentially, so it looks like Justice League won't be released without any followup films...

Warner Bros. zeroes in on heroes.

Studio preps 'Justice League,' eyes other DC faves for bigscreen. By Marc Graser, Dave McNary.

With the Batman trilogy winding down and Superman returning to theaters next summer, plans to put more of DC Comics' superheroes on the bigscreen are coming together nearly 3 years after Warner Bros. took back control of characters. This week, the studio revealed it tapped Gangster Squad scribe Will Beall to revive Justice League which WB unplugged in 2008 and hired Michael Goldenberg (one of the many writers of Green Lantern) to pen Wonder Woman.

Those projects now join in development films based on the Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, the Suicide Squad and Shazam. DC and WB are also facing a decision on how to reboot Batman once The Dark Knight Rises completes Christopher Nolan's take on the caped crusader, featuring Christian Bale in the cowl.

Studio is figuring out whether to bring back Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern in a sequel to last year's actioner or relaunch the character in a completely new way. Goldenberg (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) was brought on board in 2010 to write the screenplay for the sequel, a year before the first film bowed.

Of course, those are nice problems to have. As Marvel Studios has proved, successful superhero pics can boost the bottomline of every division at a studio through homevideo releases, videogames, consumer products and licensed merchandise, TV and online shows and theme park attractions.

To better exploit DC's characters, Warner Bros. relaunched the comicbook company as DC Entertainment in 2009 and put Harry Potter franchise steward Diane Nelson at the helm. She reports directly to studio chief Jeff Robinov. At the time, Robinov and Nelson halted development of all films tied to DC characters, taking them back from producers like Charles Roven, Joel Silver and Dan Lin and aimed to start from scratch.

DC's more focused approach to manage its heroes already has been felt across Warner Bros.

• On TV, the company launched programming block DC Nation on Cartoon Network with new Green Lantern and Young Justice animated series. CW is bringing a

live-action take on Green Arrow to primetime in the fall with Arrow, which is notably darker than the net's previous DC staple, Smallville.

• Direct-to-homevid titles have sold well, with Superman vs. The Elite and Flashpoint" forthcoming.

• Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has scored with its dark and gritty Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City games, as well as its lighter, funnier Lego: Batman titles. WBIE used this week's Electronic Entertainment Expo videogame confab to unveil fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us, featuring DC's heroes and villains and a Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition for the new Nintendo Wii U console, out this fall.

• Meanwhile, Warner Bros. Consumer Products shelled out considerable coin to expand its rights to the classic 1960s Batman TV series to launch new lines of merchandise featuring the show's characters, while brokering deals to unleash a slew of products around next summer's Superman actioner, Man of Steel, which the studio hopes will launch a new franchise.

• And its comicbook division relaunched all of its 52 books last year, with new storylines and art, to boost sales and attract a new readership, especially through digital platforms.

With Harry Potter having ended its run, WB is clearly turning to DC to help launch new franchises.

But the studio is being especially careful with the characters now after the disappointing perf of Green Lantern, which earned nearly $220 million at the worldwide box office last year.

According to sources close to the development process, the studio learned that when making a superhero pic, it needs to tap creatives that genuinely understand the characters the way Joss Whedon was comfortable with The Avengers.

DC execs are excitedly discussing all of the projects in motion with the major exception of its films.

The main reason: Christopher Nolan. With the filmmaker having relaunched Batman (last installment, The Dark Knight, hauled in $1 billion globally, now surpassed by The Avengers) and producing Superman pic Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder, WB has increasingly put more control of its DC films in Nolan's hands.

That's similar to how WB entrusted producer David Heyman with all eight "Harry Potter" films.

Nolan has long preferred not to talk about his projects until their release, preserving some of that movie magic for the bigscreen.

It's why only one image of Henry Cavill as Superman has been released so far, with the first official footage of Man of Steel likely to play at Comic-Con in San Diego next month.

Warner Bros. isn't expected to make any concrete moves on the DC film front until after the third Batpic opens on July 20. Putting so much power in Nolan's hands is an interesting move, especially as the filmmaker does not have a

first-look deal at the studio. Still, WB is showing signs of veering into adventurous creative territory.

In a departure from normal comicbook-based fare, Suicide Squad, for example, concentrates on a group of incarcerated supervillains, well known and unknown, rather than the usual focus on superheroes.

So who would you guys think would be the best actors to play Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and I guess Batman since Bale probably won't be on board for any of this?

Why would they redo Batman so soon? Yuck.

Also, I'll probably get some heat for this, but Michael Goldenberg is fucking terrible. I read the Harry Potter books growing up and he slaughtered the fifth movie's adaption of the book.

Christian Bale has already said he is done with Batman when Nolan is, and that is with the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises. I don't think the Bale Batman would fit in with the Justice League anyways. A new Batman is coming, but I don't think they need to do a new movie before JLA, we all know who Batman is and what his story is, we don't need the character fleshed out in another movie. But, it would be a moneymaker, so I expect there to be a rebooted Batman within the next few years.

Why would they redo Batman so soon? Yuck.

Also, I'll probably get some heat for this, but Michael Goldenberg is fucking terrible. I read the Harry Potter books growing up and he slaughtered the fifth movie's adaption of the book.

Agreed and it almost makes the idea of a Justice League move unappealing.

They're not going to put Martian Man Hunter in it? FUCKIN GAY.

There's even an actor who would be perfect in that role...Lance Reddick. He plays the serious-type very well, has the build for it(6'4 and trim), and his face even looks pretty similar(well, to the animated version).

lancereddick.jpg

They're not going to put Martian Man Hunter in it? FUCKIN GAY.

There's even an actor who would be perfect in that role...Lance Reddick. He plays the serious-type very well, has the build for it(6'4 and trim), and his face even looks pretty similar(well, to the animated version).

lancereddick.jpg

definitely the perfect character to play Martian Manhunter who is one of the cooler JL members.

There isn't anything official on Martian Manhunter being in the movie or not, since it is just in the early stages of development. I expect to see Wonder Woman and Flash movies within the next 2-4 years before Justice League. I also don't see MMM getting his own movie, so he'd likely be introduced in JLA if if happens.

LOL at a Justice League movie without Martian Manhunter. May as well not even release the film.

Now that Warner Bros. and DC's Justice League movie is back on track, lots of little details are emerging about the rest of their superhero slate. That includes Green Lantern, which could be facing a reboot already.

Variety has the inside track on the DC projects, with the latest word being that the studio is "figuring out whether to bring back Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern in a sequel to last year's actioner or relaunch the character in a completely new way." Michael Goldenberg, who co-wrote the first film, was commissioned to write Green Lantern 2 back in 2010, a year before the first film debuted. It would seem, however, that script may never see the light of day. (Don't cry for Goldenberg. He's now on the newly re-energized Wonder Woman script, as reported earlier this week.)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/09/green-lantern-might-reboot

Ryan Reynolds should never be allowed to reprise the Green Lantern role. I'd honestly prefer the John Stewart GL for the movie anyways.

Also, if they are going to let Green Lantern writers work on Wonder Woman, I have little faith they can make that a quality movie. I'm kind of excited that DC will be putting their other chatacters into movies, but I just get the feeling they will screw it up. They've pretty much screwed up anything they've gotten their hands in Hollywood lately that Chris Nolan hasn't been involved with.

Some news/rumors on where Justice League is going....

Throughout the day we have been posting news about the new Justice League movie.

Now we are here to reveal all we have been told!

Previous articles include news on the Man of Steel spearheading the DC shared movie universe, the new Batman, and Ryan Reynolds reprising as Green Lantern — all of which you can read about below. Comic Book writer Mark Millar has also commented on the Justice League Movie script which you can read about here.

Here we go:

• Our source tells us that the major developments are underway at DC Entertainment — and the Man of Steel will spearhead it all.

• The Man of Steel will be chapter #1 of a shared universe, it will all bend around that film.

• In chronological terms, the Man of Steel is the first.

• Henry Cavill will be given a new contract after Man of Steel that would probably include a pay raise along with his new terms that feature the Justice League film and subsequent sequels.

• Lobo will be the second movie after Man of Steel, and is said to take place off Earth and won't affect any of the other films.

• The Flash and Wonder Woman (Nicolas Winding Refn is expected to be directing) scripts will be spin-offs from the Justice League film that should be released summer 2014/2015, and The Flash will be rewritten to fit around events that will transpire in Justice League.

• Ryan Reynolds will be expected to reprise his role as Green Lantern, and the events that transpired in his film - although they won't be ignored in the Justice League Movie, they won't be acknowledged either. It will sort of be hints to his backstory, and the character will be more serious than in the solo film (more like how he was towards the end of the film).

• The Green Lantern sequel has a treatment but the situation is unclear. It most likely will be brought to a stage where it is near getting the green light, and will be held there until things become clearer where that franchise is headed.

• The rebooted Batman film (won't be an origin story, but will focus on a Batman who is entering his second year as a hero) will be a part of the same universe.

• The details plot wise for the Justice League Movie are unknown, but a couple comic book writers have penned the treatment that Will Beall will be scripting.

• Christopher Nolan won't be directing the Justice League Movie.

• There aren't any directors set for the Justice League Movie yet, although a shortlist has been drawn up (Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebsman, David Yates are rumoured within WB) by the execs.

• The budget for the Justice League Movie will be around $270 million.

• DC are looking to release 2 films a year. So expect something like this:

Man of Steel (2013) Zack Snyder; David Goyer & Christopher Nolan; HenryCavill

Lobo (2014) Brad Peyton; TBA

Justice League (2015) TBA;

The Batman (2016)

Wonder Woman (2016) TBA (Most Likely Nicolas Winding Refn); Michael Goldenburg

The Flash (2017) TBA; Greg Berlanti, Marc Gruggenheim & Michael Green; TBA

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/everything-were-told-about-justice-league-movie-directors-batman-superman-green-lantern-flas

So instead of having a bunch of movies leading into it like Avengers, it appears they will do JLA first and spin off into the solo films.

Iron-Patriot-in-Iron-Man-3.jpg

Iron Patriot armor in IM3, supposedly is War Machine's.

How the hell did I miss this thread? lol

Well,my favorite superheroes are Batman,Wolverine,Spiderman etc..

SteVo's thread inspired me to do this little mini-countdown of my top 10 superhero/comic movies. Just a warning, this is just solely my opinion based on the movies I've seen and my favorites. I won't include any movie I haven't seen, like any of the Superman movies (well I saw them when I was young, too young to compare them to movies I've seen recently). I also haven't seen any of the X-Men films except the recent Wolverine one, I never got that into the X-Men.

10.The Punisher (2004)

punisher.jpg

Director: Jonathan Hensleigh

Starring: Thomas Jane, John Travolta, Will Patton

Analyis: This movie got some poor reviews, but I enjoyed it. Jane was excellent as Frank Castle and the action in this movie was very entertaining. The scene with The Russian was complete badass. My only complaint was Travolta as the villain. I'm not a fan of his in general and didn't like his perormance here, but it wasn't enough to ruin the film for me.

9.Spider-Man (2002)

spidey.jpg

Director: Sam Raimi

Starring: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Willem Dafoe, James Fraco

Analysis: The original Spider-Man movie still stands out as the best to me. The actors all did their roles well and the movie was fun to watch. It is too bad the series began to fall apart after this film, hopefully the new reboot adds some excitement back to the big screen for Spidey.

8.Watchmen (2009)

watchmen.jpg

Director: Zack Snyder

Starring: Jackie Earle Haley, Patrick Wilson, Billy Crudup, Malin Alkerman, Matthew Goode, Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Analysis: My favorite thing from this whole movie was how awesome Jackie Earle Haley was as Rorschach. He got the character down near perfectly in my opinion. I also loved all the cutback scenes depicting The Comedian. This was a very interesting movie, the problem I had was that it was too long. It was an interesting twist on superheroes that depicts them in a more adult manner.

7.Batman Returns (1992)

batmanreturns.jpg

Director: Tim Burton

Starring: Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, Christopher Walken

Analysis: This was the last somewhat dark Batman film we got until Christopher Nolan revived the series in the mid 2000s. DeVito did an excellent job portraying the Penguin and the movie was just fun. Plus, Batman is awesome.

6.Thor (2011)

Thor.jpg

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins

Analysis: Thor is no easy live action film to pull off, but Branagh and his crew did it. They were able to successfully create a live action Asgard that just didn't seem ridicuolous. All of the actors fit into their roles perfectly, especially Tom Hiddleston, who is just a brilliant Loki. Hopkins' performance as Odin was underrated as well. If I had to give this film one major criticism, it was that the Thor/Jane Foster love story was pretty rushed and just didn't seem natural to me. But it wasn't enough to ruin an awesome film.

Top Five to be continued in next post....

Edited by Milla4Prez63

5.Batman Begins (2005)

Batmanbegins.jpg

Director: Christopher Nolan

Starring: Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman

Analysis: Nolan's realistic twist on Batman has been done near perfectly, beginning with this film. An awesome cast really pulled off this dark toned movie. I wish we could've gotten some more Scarecrow scenes, but this movie was just great to watch. Also, have I mentioned Batman is awesome?

4.Iron Man (2008)

IronMan.jpg

Director: Jon Favreau

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard

Analysis: You really couldn't have picked anyone better than Robert Downey, Jr. to play Tony Stark. He portrayed the egotistical richboy genius role as well as you could imagine. It did a great job telling us his origin story while putting in some nice action and drama scenes as well. Very good movie.

3.Batman (1989)

Batman.jpg

Director: Tim Burton

Starring: Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger

Analysis: The Joker is easily the most iconic comic book villain of all time, and getting a Hollywood legend like Jack Nicholson to play the role was a treat. He took on the goofy but deadly Joker role in this movie and really pulled it off. I would also like to point out that Batman is awesome.

2.The Avengers (2012)

Avengers.jpg

Director: Joss Whedon

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner

Analysis: This movie just drips of awesomeness, a great ensemble cast with great action scenes throughout the film. The Avengers really delivers. As good a Tom Hiddleston was in Thor, he managed to be even better in this movie, taking Loki to another level. Mark Ruffalo also really nailed down Bruce Banner and was a suprising improvement from Edward Norton. I also liked how his movie didn't get dragged down with any pointless love stories, it was just pure awesome sauce.

1.The Dark Knight (2008)

TDK.jpg

Directr: Christopher Nolan

Starring: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Gary Oldman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman

Analyis: It is rare that a movie changes my life, but this one did. I didn't want to even see it at first, but after being dragged to the theatres it has opened my eyes to the whole genre and got me hooked. Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker ranks as my favorite in a movie EVER. I loved the different take on the character from the goofy king of crime to the complete psycho mass murderer. Heath got all the little things down with the role to really convince you. Plus, any movie that has Morgan freakin' Freeman as a supporting character has to be awesome. On another note, Batman is fucking awesome.

You need to watch some X-Men movies... :yep:

I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which was kinda bullshit, but I'll get around to X-Men at some point. But I don't have a strong enough desire to go out and get these movies. The only reason I saw the Wolverine one was because it came with Thor when I ordered it off Amazon.

You could argue 2-3 of them should be on this list... haha. Just see them. >_> lol

I'll get around to it, but not anytime soon. I like my list as is though, I'm not sure X-Men could break in because I'm not a huge fan. Maybe it could take out Punisher for #10, but there was 3-5 other movies I considered for that spot that didn't make the list. The only way this list will change anytime soon is if The Dark Knight Rises is epic, which I'm sure it will be.

I'll get around to it, but not anytime soon. I like my list as is though, I'm not sure X-Men could break in because I'm not a huge fan. Maybe it could take out Punisher for #10, but there was 3-5 other movies I considered for that spot that didn't make the list. The only way this list will change anytime soon is if The Dark Knight Rises is epic, which I'm sure it will be.

At least one of them WOULD.. or at least SHOULD break the list. The most recent one was absolutely SUPERB. And I find it funny that you say you wouldn't like them and you aren't a fan after it was the greatest site in the world (TGP) who had to convince you to go see The Avengers after you were ranting about how awesome The Dictator was going to be.

Trust me on this one as you did before.... Watch X-Men.