Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Ya, I don't think that is really a spoiler... If you know anything about Flash lore, Eddie should be playing a pretty vital role to the story. Now, could they change that? Sure... But I wouldn't bank on it.

Flash is a million times better.

Last night's episode had to be one of the best episodes of any show I watch in a long ass time.

Meh, not for me. I love both, and I hate the "bouncing Felicity back and forth" story going on in the Arrow, but there's just so much more going on in Arrow. And I love the Oliver Queen story.

But like I said, I'm probably mad overrating the show.

Felicity is like my favorite character in either show... :laugh: Followed closely by Dr. Wells from Flash. Worst characters? Easily the damsels in constant distress... Laurel and Iris.

I would also say Arrow is far superior though, and that's from someone who loves Flash.

Well if you watched last night's episode you basically know Eddie isn't Reverse Flash in the show. Unless they go out of their way to explain that he can control when his body rapidly heals, but I think that is stretching it. Everyone has pretty much ruled him out as Reverse Flash.

He doesn't really have to be. I haven't seen the episode yet (I will soon, ha)... But I've thought from Day 1 that Harrison Wells was going to be Reverse Flash, he could easily be lying about his name and he could be some kind of relative to Eddie or something of that nature.

Wells just seems so evil.. Although it could be done on purpose to mislead us, of course. I don't know.... ! Lol

Yeah I'll be interested to see what you think after watching the newest episode.

Meh, not for me. I love both, and I hate the "bouncing Felicity back and forth" story going on in the Arrow, but there's just so much more going on in Arrow. And I love the Oliver Queen story.

But like I said, I'm probably mad overrating the show.

That's cause you haven't given Flash the time to develop yet. Latest Flash episode tops any Arrow episode, except maybe

the 1st season finale when the Glades got destroyed

Felicity is like my favorite character in either show... :laugh: Followed closely by Dr. Wells from Flash. Worst characters? Easily the damsels in constant distress... Laurel and Iris.

I would also say Arrow is far superior though, and that's from someone who loves Flash.

Favre pls.

Arrow 1st few episodes' villains: China White (seriously?), Deadshot (AGAIN, seriously?), and then other retarded corrupt corporate leaders. PLUS, way for that show to use fucking Batman villains... BATMAN VILLAINS... What? Green Arrow has NO more notable villains that they have to rip off of Batman? Arrow is lame mostly. It has good moments here and there.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

That's cause you haven't given Flash the time to develop yet. Latest Flash episode tops any Arrow episode, except maybe

the 1st season finale when the Glades got destroyed

Wrong.

Yeah I'll be interested to see what you think after watching the newest episode.

Doesn't change much... Wells is Reverse Flash. :yep: He may even be a future Eddie, so technically Eddie could still be Reverse Flash... Kind of. ha.

Flash can't be better than Arrow. The Flash isn't even the best character in his own show. That's bad... but also kind of awesome.

If Wells is a future Eddie that would ruin the 1st season for me lol. I think that would be a horrible choice in writing IMO. I'm just starting to think Wells isn't from the future but a guy who has found technology that allows him to look into the future.

That would kinda suck, to me. Wells is one of my favorites characters in all of television right now. Him simply stumbling across tech that lets him read the future would be horrible. There is some weird, convoluted explanation for this regarding time travel and it will probably throw everyone for a loop... Maybe Harrison is a son or grandson of Eddie or something... I dunno, it will all make sense pretty soon, I hope.

Although Grant said that we won't actually see the identity of Reverse Flash.. he will be on camera and come face to face with Barry, but he will be vibrating to hide his identity and voice. The question then comes up why would RF need to hide his identity from Barry at this point in time... Probably to not mess up the future, which is Harrison's main concern right now.

I think with some better detail that ties everything together it would be fine. I just don't see him being from the future because from what has been established so far Wells has been in this time period since before Barry was even a little boy. It would just not make much sense to me if he came from the future and waited decades.

I actually like The Flash a lot better than Arrow. Both are amazing shows, though.

• Upvote 1

If you like superheroes and hate comic books, I've got just the thing for you.

http://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/

Worm is pretty dedicated to it's world building, logical use and extrapolation of powers, and explains shit like "Why doesn't the pyrokinetic just set the other guy on fire" question early on. It's take till about the third arc to really hit his stride, but it has its share of awesome moments before then. Basically: READ IT READ IT READ IT.

I actually like The Flash a lot better than Arrow. Both are amazing shows, though.

I tend to agree, but I can't figure out why. Maybe it's because I don't have to deal with Laurel's self-indulgent, uber-dramatic emo crap every episode. It's either serious over-acting or her character really is just that one-dimensional. Idk. But I'd hate to make my boredom with her an indicator of my feelings for the show...I actually do like it.

• Upvote 1

I tend to agree, but I can't figure out why. Maybe it's because I don't have to deal with Laurel's self-indulgent, uber-dramatic emo crap every episode. It's either serious over-acting or her character really is just that one-dimensional. Idk. But I'd hate to make my boredom with her an indicator of my feelings for the show...I actually do like it.

I feel the exact same way about Laurel. I really did try to like her, but she comes across so whiny and over dramatic that it can be quite distracting. My favorite on the show is probably Felicity since she's so awkward, funny, and intelligent.

• Upvote 1

I feel the exact same way about Laurel. I really did try to like her, but she comes across so whiny and over dramatic that it can be quite distracting. My favorite on the show is probably Felicity since she's so awkward, funny, and intelligent.

Agreed. She pretty much carries the show for the most part. The episode with her mom brought out a down to earth side that gave her more dimension than any other character besides Oliver, in my opinion. Even she is becoming predictable with her whitty quips or her comments about shirtless men on whatever that bar-climber machine called, but she still manages to keep it refreshing enough to stay funny.

• Upvote 1

The Flash is way better than Arrow, and we all know it's because Arrow is a dumb super-hero, like 97% of the DC Universe.

Really though, between Barry, Dr. Wells, Joe, Caitlin (would they just make out once already? cmoyn son), it has a nice assembly of characters. Iris was really good int he last ep too, which included another great Arrow callback.

danielle-panabaker.jpg

pretty big Panabaker fan atm.

You just had to post that...sheesh.

MHG a Marvel fan boy confirmed.

I'm probably not qualified to talk about the subject because I've seen every Flash episode and only watched the pilot of Arrow before I stopped. With that being said I never really liked the Arrow character compared to his Marvel counterpart Hawkeye. This version of Arrow seems like he wants to be Batman too much for my taste. Barry is likeable enough to deal with and follow, but the Flash is why we keep coming back because the action sequences and effects have been great and we haven't seen live-action super speed in awhile. The core group at S.T.A.R. labs is a big reason the show is going so well because they are interesting enough for the fans to want to know their stories (especially Wells). And Joe is probably the glue that holds this show together with his amazing acting IMO. His ability to steal the screen makes his scenes with Barry great TV. Annnnnd....I hate Iris.

Won't deny that :shrug: Short of some of the newer New 52 comics, DC sucks, all the way around.

:no: