Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Watched the first 2 eps of Luke Cage. 3 and 4 tonight. Its okay so far I guess. Like Ive said before though, they need a powered villain.

Luke Cage already knows where to find Cottonmouth. This season can literally be done in two episodes....

Finished Luke Cage this morning. Loved it. End was a little meh but I expected it.

I just loved how musically driven it was. When he puts his headphones on outside Fort Knox and it was Wutang I was hyped af.

I'm watching episode 8 of Luke Cage, Claire's the real MVP

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

Just finished Luke Cage, loved the show but wouldn't go as far as the 10/10 and as good as Daredevil talk.

Honestly, they killed off Cottonmouth way too soon. I preferred him in the villain role to Diamondback. The whole daddy loved you more hatred thing was stupid and there were no real seeds for that planted until the end.

I loved Mariah Dillard, a depiction of a realistic evil human being. The type of evil with political and social power is the worst. I was kind of hoping she would get hers in the end but saving her and Shades for Season 2 isn't a bad idea. They did a great job making me forget that same woman was lashing out at Tony Stark in the beginning of Civil War.

Mike Colter is great as Luke Cage and was amazing, the character was spot on. I just don't like the romantic angle of him with Claire. He belongs with Jessica and I was kind of disappointed she never had a cameo or much of a reference in this. We'll see how their relationship stands in Defenders, but I was expecting her to at least be referred to more often.

I truly enjoyed this though, I just didn't care for Diamondback and I don't like that it appears he may be coming back with the whole doctor from prison thing at the end.

Iron Fist is the man, hopefully we get him to team up with Ant-Man for JD. :smug:

Honestly, watching the trailers... I... I don't... I don't..... I don't think Iron Fist will be that bad.

Phew.

That was rough.

It's obviously early, but from what I've seen, I think I will like it more than both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. We'll see though.

Just finished Luke Cage, loved the show but wouldn't go as far as the 10/10 and as good as Daredevil talk.

Honestly, they killed off Cottonmouth way too soon. I preferred him in the villain role to Diamondback. The whole daddy loved you more hatred thing was stupid and there were no real seeds for that planted until the end.

I loved Mariah Dillard, a depiction of a realistic evil human being. The type of evil with political and social power is the worst. I was kind of hoping she would get hers in the end but saving her and Shades for Season 2 isn't a bad idea. They did a great job making me forget that same woman was lashing out at Tony Stark in the beginning of Civil War.

Mike Colter is great as Luke Cage and was amazing, the character was spot on. I just don't like the romantic angle of him with Claire. He belongs with Jessica and I was kind of disappointed she never had a cameo or much of a reference in this. We'll see how their relationship stands in Defenders, but I was expecting her to at least be referred to more often.

I truly enjoyed this though, I just didn't care for Diamondback and I don't like that it appears he may be coming back with the whole doctor from prison thing at the end.

I agree the Diamondback stuff was smeh. Solid 8/10 show though. Could have dove more into the backstory but it seems there is more to come of that.

Rosario always steals the show, show defining moment was when she stomped on Shades' shades after the club hostage situation. :smug:

Also worth noting, I thought Daredevil was a mixed bag. Elektra storyline was cheesy. The stuff with the Punisher was great though.

So Brian Cranston's next big role is...Zordon? This new big budget Power Rangers movie looks weird as fuck.Why is Brian accepting roles to play second banana to a bunch of no-name teenage twerps? That said I'll probably watch the movie lol.

"you're saying power rangers prints money?"

Yeah dude there's been like 40 different power ranger shows. Not to mention all the memorabilia...

"Sold, I'll be this Gordon guy."

Zordon.

"Couldn't hear you over these fat stacks of cash."

• Upvote 2

So I'm all caught up now in Flash and Arrow, as well as finally got around to watching all of Luke Cage.

Harrisson Wells and Sisco are litterally carying the flash right now... Barry Allen is still way too stupid for no reason. But still, its pretty good.

Arrow has become interesting again, though I'm a little disapointed at how quickly they got rid of Church.

And I LOVED Luke Cage.

• Upvote 1

So I'm all caught up now in Flash and Arrow, as well as finally got around to watching all of Luke Cage.

Harrisson Wells and Sisco are litterally carying the flash right now... Barry Allen is still way too stupid for no reason. But still, its pretty good.

Arrow has become interesting again, though I'm a little disapointed at how quickly they got rid of Church.

And I LOVED Luke Cage.

I love the new HR Wells and Cisco dynamic. I like Draco Malfoy being on the show too, just wondering how long it is before he's on the Flash team.

This season of Agents of Shield with the Ghost Rider has been awesome. Really great kind of original portrayal that really works. Vigilante Quake and the rest of the band have really been second fiddle. Jeffrey Mace being put at the head of shield is really interesting, as he is the Patriot in the comics (he actually becomes captain america for a while, but I doubt this is going to go there).

Supergirl has been kinda meh since it moved to CW, Superman doesn't do the show any favors.

Doctor Strange was pretty damn good. The after credit scene will get the fanboys excited too.

I love the new HR Wells and Cisco dynamic. I like Draco Malfoy being on the show too, just wondering how long it is before he's on the Flash team.

This season of Agents of Shield with the Ghost Rider has been awesome. Really great kind of original portrayal that really works. Vigilante Quake and the rest of the band have really been second fiddle. Jeffrey Mace being put at the head of shield is really interesting, as he is the Patriot in the comics (he actually becomes captain america for a while, but I doubt this is going to go there).

Supergirl has been kinda meh since it moved to CW, Superman doesn't do the show any favors.

I haven't gotten around to Agents of SHIELD but hopefully when things die down this weekend I will.

As far as Supergirl though, I didn't even make it past episode 2. I was on the fence about continuing to watch it after Superman was introduced, as I was hoping that he's only be there for the first episode. Once I saw him on the second episode, that was enough for me. There's just so much off about him being on the show that I'm not sure where to begin.

I'll probably go back and watch it halfway through the season like I did last year where I watched the whole season after it had aired, but its just extremely uninteresting.

Saw Dr Strange yesterday and it was great. Such a visually impressive movie. I plan on seeing it again while high on acid.

Dr. Strange was indeed awesome. One of the best Marvel origin stories, for sure. I think that almost held them back a little too -- it being an origin story. I think their potential going forward is sky-high.

RE: Dmac

Yeah, Flash is getting annoying. Nothing is really changing. It's just the same stupid Barry Allen every single week. Literally every other speedster in the show is better and probably always will be. I can't wait for Wally to get his powers. New Wells is really annoying. I am glad there is some kind of Wells on the show, and it's clear he's up to no good... but, he still kinda annoys me as a character.

Arrow has been pretty awesome. Good villains and I agree that they cut Church a little short. Prometheus should be fun though, my guess is that it's Tommy. I like that they went back to this dark kind of overtone for the show, it is better that way. I also like Ragman a lot, although his name is lame. lol

ARROW... WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK

Kevin Feige has said that the titles of future films will be spoilers for Infinity War, so in other words, HERE COME THE FANTASTIC FOUR!

Edited by Sparty

ARROW... WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK

You think it's Merlyn? I feel like they'd try a bit harder to nothe make it someone obvious.

Also I'm all caught up on MAOS now. Adding Ghost Rider was the perfect move. This show has really come a long way.

I was dying when Fitz was talking about that cage being able to hold anyone as he proceeded to bust it wide open.

You think it's Merlyn? I feel like they'd try a bit harder to nothe make it someone obvious.

Also I'm all caught up on MAOS now. Adding Ghost Rider was the perfect move. This show has really come a long way.

I was dying when Fitz was talking about that cage being able to hold anyone as he proceeded to bust it wide open.

Did you see the last episode... O.O

Did you see the last episode... O.O

The plot twist with Prometheus... The writers have gotten me to believe in the show again.

It's also great to see savage Arrow is back.

Marvel announces Inhumans are becoming a TV show next fall. That's good timing, cause AOS is pretty much dead at this point. Ghost Rider will be moved to Netflix. Good things all around. :notbad: